Source: Pregnant Woman in Buggy Crash...

Source: Pregnant Woman in Buggy Crash Gives Birth

There are 31 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Sep 2, 2010, titled Source: Pregnant Woman in Buggy Crash Gives Birth. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

PARKMAN TWP., Ohio -- The driver of an SUV has been cited after a collision with an Amish-buggy that hurt eight people, and according to friends of the victims, a woman in the crash delivered a baby overnight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Poe

Madison, WI

#22 Sep 3, 2010
I use to live in a rural community back in 1970s, in Wisconsin, and a group of Amish people moved to the area in 1977. People had to learn to drive more cautiously because of the horse and buggies that were around. But there was still accidents occasionally, especially when strangers drove through the area and were not aware that there was Amish loving in the area.
Arkansas chic

Cordova, TN

#23 Sep 3, 2010
Has that woman in the buggy ever heard of birth control? 8 people were in the buggy before the 9th one came out. Really?
me in la

Loranger, LA

#24 Sep 3, 2010
So sad I hope they make a full recovery.
kma

Trumbull, CT

#25 Sep 4, 2010
r warren wrote:
I think any individual that is involved in a car crash, where people are injured, that is shown to have been impared by drugs, alcohol or cell phones should have their children taken away and be held financially responsible for the damages. Manditory jail sentences of not less than five years should be the norm. No plea bargains!
Except for taking the children away, right on. If teh children were in the car then right on for that too.

Today's legal system doesn't work because it inflicts no pain. No pain, no gain. Instead of letting that beech Lohan out early they should have released a couple of hookers - at least they are honest about being one.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#26 Sep 4, 2010
Arkansas chic wrote:
Has that woman in the buggy ever heard of birth control? 8 people were in the buggy before the 9th one came out. Really?
First of all the news stories I read said it wasn't clear if all the children were siblings. The rest of your statement show that you don't know anything about the Amish. Educate yourself before you further embarrass yourself. One thing they would not do is judge you as you have done to them.
rick

Mount Airy, GA

#27 Sep 5, 2010
yes they should be required to be licensed.
the wheels are very narrow (not like a car) and put a lot of pressure on the road (like an elephant wearing high heels). they use the road and should help pay for it.
JusticeWONK

North Richland Hills, TX

#28 Sep 5, 2010
Put me on that jury !
nothin in the attic

Cleveland, OH

#29 Sep 5, 2010
Arkansas chic wrote:
It is not in the religion to use birth control...and exactly what business is it of yours?
non amish

Brunswick, OH

#30 Sep 5, 2010
Sadly I have been told the mother has passed away
and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and the community.
As for the birth control statement, how rude, get educated before you make an opinion. Let me educate you a little.
First, the family will forgive the woman.
The family and community will come together and mourn. They will walk to the cemetery. They will dig the hole in the ground themselves. They will nail the coffin shut. They will lower the coffin in the ground by hand. They will cover the coffin with dirt and sing a song so sad in German even if
you don't understand the words you will weep. Then they will share a meal. The family and community around them will make sure the motherless children and husband are well taken care of. They will cook for them, clean for them, whatever their needs, they will be there for them.
Brenda

AOL

#31 Sep 6, 2010
The mother died.
Karen Accardi wrote:
I am glad all of the passengers were not badly injured. People just don't pay attention when they drive. People need to be more cautious of the Amish people on or off the road. My prayers go out to the people who were injured and the lady who was pregnent.
Holmes County Resident

Cleveland, OH

#32 Sep 7, 2010
My prayers go out to the family.

Though, I must admit that Amish buggies are just as guilty for accidents as car drivers. There have been several cases where I have had a buggy pull out infront of me when there was definitely not enough space/time between the two of us. I have seen young children stand up and walk around on the back of buggy/tailer things. There are also many times when the buggy has a lane off to the side that they should be driving in, leaving the road for cars. I've had to pass many buggies where the drivers make no effort to pull over to those lanes.

Car drivers and Amish drivers just need to be a bit more careful on those roads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnson Rubber says it won't close (Feb '08) Apr '15 Wentworth 26
News Norbalt Rubber's parent bankrupt, seeking buyer (Apr '08) Feb '15 cashin in 3
News Johnson Rubber to go out of business (Mar '08) Jan '14 mismanaged 9
Shannon Mares (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local concerned f... 2
What happened to the Burton Blog??? (Apr '13) Sep '13 village watcher 5
Loss of Burton Blog (Sep '13) Sep '13 Judy-Florida 3
chec k this out! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Coreen Buhler 1
More from around the web

Middlefield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]