Woman Injured When She Jumps Out Of B...

Woman Injured When She Jumps Out Of Buggy

There are 4 comments on the NewsNet5 story from Jun 10, 2007, titled Woman Injured When She Jumps Out Of Buggy. In it, NewsNet5 reports that:

An Amish mother is in the hospital after an accident Sunday involving a buggy, NewsChannel5 reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsNet5.

Who Knows

Olive Hill, KY

#1 Jun 15, 2007
Can anyone tell us what happened to the Mother, we got word in Kentucky that she passed away. Our Amish neighbors would like to know if this is true?
Tom

Ashtabula, OH

#2 Jun 17, 2007
Yes She did pass away. I live just down the street from her house. Huntsburg oh.
Who Knows

Nicholasville, KY

#3 Jun 17, 2007
Tom wrote:
Yes She did pass away. I live just down the street from her house. Huntsburg oh.
Thanks Tom, There is some confusion down here as to what exactly transpired, they don't seem to believe me when I tell them that no car was involved, at least from what I have been able to find on the web, just that her husband lost a rein and lost control and that she jumped out, she must have had some very bad injuries to have passed away from them. Could you fill us in on some of the details so I can put there minds at reat. They have had a hard time reaching anyone as everyone is in mourning and not speaking on the phones from what I have been told. It it all a bit strange to me that they aren't believing what I have found out on the web, as they had already been told something else.

Thanks again

Do you have a web page with any other info, like obits or something more indepth then just the original accident?
Steve Arnold MD

Cleveland, OH

#4 Aug 15, 2007
This accident happened right in front of my house. It was midafternoon on Sunday and I looked up from washing the car to see one buggy passing another at a full gallop. I saw the lady fall or jump, it wasn't immediately clear at the moment. As the buggy continued I could hear the kids inside screaming in fear; the buggy continued another hundred yards down the road and flipped into the ditch. By that time we had called 911 and were by the mother. LifeFlight arrived and took her to Akron General.

Afet talking to the husband and others at the scene, this is the story that I got: the horse spooked and started to get away. One of the straps broke (I'm not sure if it was one of the reins or the traces) and the mother attempted to jump out to get the horse under control. Of course the animal was at a full gallop and she lost her footing, fell and was run over by the buggy. No one else was hurt though it ended up in the ditch further on down the road. The mother suffered a skull fracture and femur fracture and was for all practical purposes gone by the time they got her in the chopper. Life support was withdrawn on Wednesday, she passed shortly thereafter and her funeral was the following Saturday.
Who Knows wrote:
Can anyone tell us what happened to the Mother, we got word in Kentucky that she passed away. Our Amish neighbors would like to know if this is true?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sewer (Aug '16) Aug '16 Jean Amato 1
Loss of Burton Blog (Sep '13) Sep '15 NotAFan 4
David Filla (Apr '11) Sep '15 OhioMom 2
News Johnson Rubber says it won't close (Feb '08) Apr '15 Wentworth 26
News Norbalt Rubber's parent bankrupt, seeking buyer (Apr '08) Feb '15 cashin in 3
News Johnson Rubber to go out of business (Mar '08) Jan '14 mismanaged 9
Shannon Mares (Dec '13) Dec '13 Local concerned f... 2

Middlefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlefield Mortgages