Prosecutor: Vergennes chief took pist...

Prosecutor: Vergennes chief took pistol used in suicide

There are 7 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Aug 24, 2009, titled Prosecutor: Vergennes chief took pistol used in suicide. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Prosecutors charging Vergennes Police Chief Michael Lowe with embezzlement say he converted to his own use a pistol that was used in a suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

flat lander

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2009
On what side of the law was this guy a chief. He sounds more like a mafia boss or a drug and gun runner. maybe their a drunk in town that can fill his shoes. Now any case this guy was on or court is void and a retrial due how much is that going to set back as well as time
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#2 Aug 25, 2009
Just how many different poopie pies does the Chief have his fingers in?

It must be a result of that old injury of his, along with the death of his father. That caused him to become entangled in drugs, which turned into him using illegally obtained prescription drugs, which turned into him being under the influence of illegal prescription drugs while on duty, which turned into him driving under the influence of illegally obtained prescription drugs on duty, which turned into him slamming into a car while driving under the influence of illegally obtained prescription drugs, which turned into him trying to cover up the accident, And now, we find out that he has helped himself to a gun used in a homicide, and then traded the gun for a favor.

This guy is a real piece of work. Again, stay tuned people of Vergennnes and mark my words. This guy and his lawyer will be looking for extreme leniency as they blame job stress, personal injury and the death of his father as the reason that he failed you.

Job stress as a Chief in Vergennes? Not likely! And, plenty of people throughout our land loose parents and have injuries, but they don't turn to illegally obtaining prescription drugs, smashing into cars, trying feebly to cover their crash, and stealing guns as a result. This guy should be held to a higher standard of behavoir than a regular citizen. Don't let his badge and his position allow him to get away with more than anyone else would.

A drug crazed, gun stealing Police Chief right here in Vergennes Vermont. Who would've guessed!
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#3 Aug 25, 2009
Sorry folks, I said that the stolen gun was used in a homicide. It was actually used in a suicide. But, that does not change my comments above, beyond this correction.......
the truth

Little Rock, AR

#4 Aug 25, 2009
Don't worry "WEST Newton Kid" the chief will not get off , never in Vermont the worst state for any law enforcement officer to be investigated, he's already been seen as guilty in this state (Vt) and it's not even close to over. Bottom line if, and when he was ever exonarated his life is ruined because of the lack of support and leadership in VT law enforcement.
The West Newton Kid

Brookline, MA

#5 Aug 26, 2009
the truth wrote:
Don't worry "WEST Newton Kid" the chief will not get off , never in Vermont the worst state for any law enforcement officer to be investigated, he's already been seen as guilty in this state (Vt) and it's not even close to over. Bottom line if, and when he was ever exonarated his life is ruined because of the lack of support and leadership in VT law enforcement.
Yeah, this must be tough to watch for fellow LEO's throughout our land. Let's face it, in many police departments, our lawmen get blindly supported by their fellow LEO's, regardless of how out of line that they are. Since most police wrongdoing is just investigated by a fellow cop from the same Department, this bunch typically gets away with anything and everything, with either nothing whatsover happening to them; or worse case, a very light slap on the wrist to make it look good for the Taxpayers.

But, in this case, this man may wind up getting no special treatment. He may be held to the same standard of behavoir as everyone else. That is certainly unusual these days! And, of course, the cops throughout our land find it totally wrong. Big surprise there!
iskiboy vergennes vermont

United States

#6 Sep 8, 2009
i live in the town of vergennes where this incdent happened! as a resident of vergennes that is involved in the inner circle on this officer and others it was well known for years that this man is an was a drug addict. It was also common knopwledge that if you were an acquantance of his or benefited his habit in some way you could get away with anything!I know first and as one of drug buddies/friends was a good friend of a friend.Therefore i heard a lot more inside info then i cared too! i can even say that the one time i had to call the police on one of his "friends" i called the vermont state police,not the vergennes police dept. even though i live in vergennes!I knew if i called the vt.state police the incident could not be swept under the rug the way it would be if lowe handled it! dont get me wrong i have nothing against mike lowe personally.however i cant believe everyone was so shocked when this happened.this crap has been going on for years!!!I could go on and on with dozens of scenarios and incidents about him abusing power and buying illegal drugs,but I wont.there is one incident tough that is bothering me!a few weeks ago it seems former vergennes chief of police stole a state trooper vehicle and led the local poilicemen on a highspeed chase for a great many miles!A friend of mine saw him in the stolen vehicle just a few feet from him!!yet no one is talking about it!there has been a few people talking about it in town so it seems its a true story!this is bullshit!if i did that id be in jail right now!why keep it quiet its just another mess up on this dudes record!This man went to his church on sunday and lter nin the afternoon felt like stealing a car and acting like a complte psycho but no one is discussing it outside of sporadic town gossip!WTF!!!!!I swear what i say is true also i dont post EVER!! im sick of this who the hell does he think he is!seriously !
across the pond

AOL

#7 Sep 8, 2009
whats up with vergennes and that speed trap they have from one end of town to the other? i avoid even going their anymore because of cops sitting with radar looking for new yorkers. that turned me off from spending any money in that town. if i had a business in that town i would close up and move somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Still Searching For Missing Woman Denise... Jul '15 Longhaul 1
bristol falls.kayak run 4-24-2015 12:00 Apr '15 lisa 2
News Sailing through history in Vermont, NYS, Canada (Feb '15) Feb '15 Brian 1
News State police officer cleared in shooting of wom... (Jan '15) Jan '15 asd 1
News If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... (Apr '14) Jan '15 Jaimie 9
victor fifield poaching arrest (Nov '14) Nov '14 Beware of Poachers 1
Middlebury College Heating plant (Sep '12) Nov '14 shill 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlebury Mortgages