BSD board dismisses Open Meeting question

Full story: Bennington Banner

The Bennington School District board on Tuesday turned back a request to add a non-binding referendum question concerning the state's Open Meeting Law to the March ballot, after discussion with Bennington Banner Editor James Therrien.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2010
Vermont Transplant

Burlington, VT

#1 Jan 21, 2010
I find nothing silly about this. They are elected because the people believe that they will do what is right and what the majority believes to be the right thing to do and what is best for the children of our community. Anyone can get off course occassionally. What would be the problem with a little clarity and guidance. This could also benefit the public with educating them on how these meetings work.
ABoardMember

Brunswick, ME

#2 Jan 21, 2010
There's your case Mr. Editor -- there is nothing about their plans to make two failing school districts into one bigger failing district -- an issue that meets the requirements of executive session. Make the violation front page news and beat on the BSD board, until the people and the state take action to bring them under control.
plon

Newport, VT

#3 Jan 21, 2010
ABoardMember wrote:
There's your case Mr. Editor -- there is nothing about their plans to make two failing school districts into one bigger failing district -- an issue that meets the requirements of executive session. Make the violation front page news and beat on the BSD board, until the people and the state take action to bring them under control.
Thanks Sean Marie!
Jackie O

Middlebury, VT

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Then they went right into a shady ex session. Funny. Not really.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coyote hunt is senseless slaughter (Apr '06) Aug 3 Critter1 472
PSB halts Vermont Gas pipeline project along VE... Jul 30 Mary Gerdt 1
Gay Couple Sues Vt. Town for 10 Years of Allege... Jun '14 Truth Hurts 20
After School Care May '14 Child Care 1
Middlebury College parties Apr '14 Underage drinking 1
If the rich are getting richer, what's happenin... Apr '14 Community Disorga... 5
Connect with all students studying at Middlebury Mar '14 Mr D 1
•••
•••
Middlebury Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Middlebury Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••