Bus company buys Conn. driving school

Bus company buys Conn. driving school

There are 8 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Bus company buys Conn. driving school. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The troubled owners of Connecticut's largest driving school have sold the business to the state's largest school bus company, only hours before a state-ordered deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Justice

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2009
Things worked out nicely for the Sousa's. They made a fortune off of their illegal practices. They did not get punished nearly enough. They deserved a far stiffer penalty. They played the legal system just like they played the DMV. The only good thing is they actually did plead guilty to some of the charges - so calling them GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY is the truth.
I hope someone watches what they do with themselves now because they saw how easy it is to get away with illegal business practices and get rich doing it - so there is nothing stopping them from doing it again.
JACK AND SHARON SOUSA ARE GUILTY.
Good for Them

Waterbury, CT

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Seems like Mr.Justice has a grudge. Good for these hard working people who deserve the fruits of their labor. Justice you don't have to sign your name it is obvious who you are !
whoops

United States

#3 Feb 11, 2009
Is it possible the media and the whistleblower may have inadvertantly helped with the sale of this school or was this intentional? I think intentional, someone needs to look into this whistleblower guy and the rest of the DMV.
shrek

Cheshire, CT

#4 Feb 12, 2009
The exit of Academy of Driving marks a great day for safer roads in CT. I quess the two posts above don't mind having a school that put under trained teens on the road and cheated the parents who paid for a service.

hope none of the people you care about meet any on the road, there's thousands out there. Thousands didn't even get an eye test but I'm certain that's ok with you.
Justice

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2009
Good for Them wrote:
Seems like Mr.Justice has a grudge. Good for these hard working people who deserve the fruits of their labor. Justice you don't have to sign your name it is obvious who you are !
Not a grudge. Someone with first hand experience with the smoke and mirrors the Sousa's used to deceive the public and their employees on what their real intention was. GREED.
Signed,
MRS. JUSTICE
Heather

United States

#6 Feb 12, 2009
I'm glad that we can all agree that we are thrilled Sousa is out of business here in CT. However, what stops him from going to Rhode Island, Mass, NY or any other state to do the same thing. No one will follow him if he leaves CT. Then what? As for the company that supposedly bought out Sousa and the Academy, why wait until the last minute to do it? Something sounds fishy? Am I wrong?
Justice

United States

#7 Feb 12, 2009
Heather wrote:
I'm glad that we can all agree that we are thrilled Sousa is out of business here in CT. However, what stops him from going to Rhode Island, Mass, NY or any other state to do the same thing. No one will follow him if he leaves CT. Then what? As for the company that supposedly bought out Sousa and the Academy, why wait until the last minute to do it? Something sounds fishy? Am I wrong?
I agree something sounds fishy. The Sousa's will probably find a way to get back into corruption be it here in Connecticut or somewhere else. They have no reason not to - they got away with their actions once (and got rich doing it), so why not do it again?
Decatur, GA

#8 Aug 24, 2016
I worked for them in the eighties. Nothing would surprise me about Jack
He treated his instructers like he owned them
Never had a bit of respect for the long hours and hard sometimes dangerous work we did. Nobody should feel sorry for them
Watch out Florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stratford housing panelist dogged by residency ... Dec 27 Daniels Conscience 2
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Nov '17 JoecarguyCT 89
News Horton Foote's the Trip to Bountiful Approaches... Oct '17 America Gentleman... 1
Wheel Easy driving school (Feb '17) Oct '17 Mary Kate 5
News Wounded Warriors Donation Jar Stolen (Jul '16) Jul '16 Just me 2
Review: Aviara Salon And Day SPA (Apr '15) Apr '16 Middlebury 3
Pilots Worried About Proposed Oxford Power Plant (Jan '15) Jan '15 Emma 1

Middlebury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlebury Mortgages