Contractor charged with defrauding Bridgeporter

Oct 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Connecticut Post

A contractor has been charged with defrauding a local woman of more than $82,000. Leonard Stanziale, 56, the owner of Sunrise Contracting, LLC, in Southbury, surrendered to police Monday night after being told there was a warrant for his arrest.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
todays sarcasm

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>Because of cutback very few examiners. There is a backlog of complaints with so few to handle them @ DEPT of Consumer Protection...ADDRESS COMPLAINTS in writing & Call~ TO AG~RICHARD BLUMENTHAL. I before stated even though a contractor is licensed does not make them reputable! Buyer Beware! What a shame the laws protect LLC's, their private property and not the people!
Make sure your contractor (no matter what the trade is) is
1. Licensed
2.Registered (their company) with the State
3.Insured
4. WILL show and give phone numbers of references (Call them)
As a retired, licensed,(still)insured, electrician, I see more and more of my brothers going under while people look for cheap labor and look to the moonlighter for a cheap deal. Understand that moonlighters are either not or under licensed, usually uninsured, and definatly not registered and looking for the quick buck themselves,charging sub-business rates without having any business overheads. Example-- These guys are charging (and undercutting) 20% or more (less) than a "real" company but actually pocketing more than a legitimate business because of what it takes to run a business.
todays sarcasm

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE GENUINEPHYLLIS wrote:
<quoted text>Still in this economy..great contractor today belly up tomorrow! There are no guarentees. AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VERY SPECIFIC CONTRACT With VERY Detailed services to be performed. DO NOT PAY ALL MONIES UP FRONT!
You must also understand that because of the State's licensing laws that anyone that owns a hammer can be a carpenter. Only those who directly affect public safety need to be licensed.If you look at the people that are being ripped off, they are being ripped off by "Builders" which happens to an unlicensed "trade". Any weasel can be a Builder if they fill out the right paperwork. No training required!
Ramblin Man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

todays sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure your contractor (no matter what the trade is) is
1. Licensed
2.Registered (their company) with the State
3.Insured
4. WILL show and give phone numbers of references (Call them)
As a retired, licensed,(still)insured, electrician, I see more and more of my brothers going under while people look for cheap labor and look to the moonlighter for a cheap deal. Understand that moonlighters are either not or under licensed, usually uninsured, and definatly not registered and looking for the quick buck themselves,charging sub-business rates without having any business overheads. Example-- These guys are charging (and undercutting) 20% or more (less) than a "real" company but actually pocketing more than a legitimate business because of what it takes to run a business.
Good post, very informative. I'd never hire anyone without references. These shysters out there have no scruples and they don't care who they rip off. The state needs to get tough on licensing.

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 19, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

2

todays sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>You must also understand that because of the State's licensing laws that anyone that owns a hammer can be a carpenter. Only those who directly affect public safety need to be licensed.If you look at the people that are being ripped off, they are being ripped off by "Builders" which happens to an unlicensed "trade". Any weasel can be a Builder if they fill out the right paperwork. No training required!
You are absolutely right. There should be legislation to change laws so these so called builders will have to be licensed and regulated by STATE OF CT DEPT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION as any OTHER SERVICE ORIENTED consumer based field. I was under the impression that builders must be licensed. Thanks for the info!

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 19, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

todays sarcasm wrote:
<quoted text>
Make sure your contractor (no matter what the trade is) is
1. Licensed
2.Registered (their company) with the State
3.Insured
4. WILL show and give phone numbers of references (Call them)
As a retired, licensed,(still)insured, electrician, I see more and more of my brothers going under while people look for cheap labor and look to the moonlighter for a cheap deal. Understand that moonlighters are either not or under licensed, usually uninsured, and definatly not registered and looking for the quick buck themselves,charging sub-business rates without having any business overheads. Example-- These guys are charging (and undercutting) 20% or more (less) than a "real" company but actually pocketing more than a legitimate business because of what it takes to run a business.
Thank you for your excellent information. The guidence and info provided by you is beneficial to all in need of such services. By your comments and recommendations you must be a reputable asset to your trade/profession can tell just by your willingness to help all. Again Thank you!
Look Them Up

Woodbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 19, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Here's a good website to look up contractors, check on their license status and see whether there are any complaints on file:

https://www.elicense.ct.gov/LicenseLookupDown...

If you look up Sunrise Contracting, for example: you can see it had a license for only one year (2006-2007), and had four formal complaints between 2006 (before the license was issued) and 2008 (after it expired).

Had the current victim known this, they probably would not have hired Sunrise in the first place.
Also got screwed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 30, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Len Stanziale is a con wrote:
This guy strikes yet again. Why he isnt in prison is the question. They should just put him away FOR EVER! Check out ct judicial regarding this king dirt bag! He owns multiple llc's between him and his girlfriend. Why hasn't the state suspended the contracting licenses?
Like many, took us, his own family to the bank.
Lost over $200,000. We trusted him. and had reason's.
In the end after three years and giving him everything.
Lost most of waht we had.
Sad Sad.
Can still love him, but when you put people out of there home's for YOUR GAIN ONLY!
The love needs to stop!
Re last note

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 30, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Have recordings in my table near where I sleep, made three years ago, that Lenny, in his own words will take care of both of us if we tell about the money he took.
And this is family!
Rather loose all our money than die!
Scared previous customer

Wilton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Aug 6, 2010
 
Len Stanziale is a con wrote:
This guy strikes yet again. Why he isnt in prison is the question. They should just put him away FOR EVER! Check out ct judicial regarding this king dirt bag! He owns multiple llc's between him and his girlfriend. Why hasn't the state suspended the contracting licenses?
If I tell about our loose I am scared!!
Let the courts decide!
zinger

Plantsville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 30, 2013
 
BPT wrote:
82,000 dollars! what was he going to do? re-build their house!
Yes, actually, was suppose to remodel one and also was building another, these people are total scum!!!!!!!!!!
zinger

Plantsville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 30, 2013
 
Scared previous customer wrote:
<quoted text>
If I tell about our loose I am scared!!
Let the courts decide!
Tell it to me, used to be friendly with these assholes until, they screwed me and just about everyone else I know too.
He was in jail for 3 months, but not for remodeling stuff, he got probabtion, 5 years for that. No he likes to get high and get naked in public and then also start making obscene phone calls to both men and women!!!!! Just google his name it all comes up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middlebury Discussions

Search the Middlebury Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr 13 America Gentleman Samuel 780
Review: Mckenna Dyer & Co PC Apr 10 McKenna Dyer 1
Police charge man with child porn possession Apr 10 Mo Knows 1
Review: One Touch Repair Apr 9 Chris R 1
Naugatuck police blotter Mar 25 Daniel Damotta 2
Wank Mar 24 Jaydog 1
CT Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Connectic... (Oct '10) Sep '13 Enid Schmiege 2,048
•••
•••
•••
•••

Middlebury Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Middlebury People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••