Hiring retired police will save tax d...

Hiring retired police will save tax dollars

There are 9 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Hiring retired police will save tax dollars. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

High turnover of personnel is a problem not restricted to Southbury's police department, but to independent police forces as well the state of Connecticut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

sbthyman

Farmington, CT

#1 Jul 18, 2009
"...eliminating referendum in the charter..."

Won't this take a referendum to make this change? I doubt the board will have any luck getting that one by the voters either.
Close the book

New Haven, CT

#2 Jul 19, 2009
I don't think it really matters about THIS&THAT..
The Obama Recovery ACT of 2009..offers MONEY..if you re-hire the retired Police Officers for DUTY.
Close the book

New Haven, CT

#3 Jul 19, 2009
It seems a matter of..efficient policing..or that the younger force ain't worth the POWDER--??
Phooey

Johnstown, PA

#4 Jul 19, 2009
I like the way she assumes that a retired police officer would welcome the chance to work as a police officer again. I wonder how she knows.
Dont

Worcester, MA

#5 Jul 20, 2009
Don't hire retired Brookfield police. You may end up with losers like the chief.
Takeacut

Danbury, CT

#6 Jul 20, 2009
I hope they forego their pension for awhile while they are collecting a salary from the town. Would You?
bullfrog44

East Hampton, CT

#7 Jul 20, 2009
Totally agree...the thing we need in Southbury is maturity and common sense on our police force...our resident state trooper has virtually no community presence....
What the

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Jul 20, 2009
That's just great. They are frekin retired!! Let them stay retired and give some new people a chance. But no, lets hire them back after they are racking in retirement funds and scamming the system already.

This is idiotic, invest into young peoples future. Don't extend the old!!!
phil

Port Richey, FL

#9 Jul 20, 2009
they won't be able to hire any danbury cops they all go out on medical pensions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Nov 19 JoecarguyCT 89
News Horton Foote's the Trip to Bountiful Approaches... Oct '17 America Gentleman... 1
Wheel Easy driving school (Feb '17) Oct '17 Mary Kate 5
News Bus company buys Conn. driving school (Feb '09) Aug '16 karma 8
News Wounded Warriors Donation Jar Stolen (Jul '16) Jul '16 Just me 2
Review: Aviara Salon And Day SPA (Apr '15) Apr '16 Middlebury 3
Pilots Worried About Proposed Oxford Power Plant (Jan '15) Jan '15 Emma 1

Middlebury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlebury Mortgages