Driving School Owner Faces Felony Cha...

Driving School Owner Faces Felony Charges

There are 28 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Driving School Owner Faces Felony Charges. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The owner of the state's largest driving school was arrested Tuesday on 108 criminal charges - most involving an alleged conspiracy to forge documents submitted to state motor vehicle officials - after a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SHREK

Cheshire, CT

#1 Oct 22, 2008
The hardest job comissioner Ward is going to have is to find some one in upper management who didn't suffer from intentional blindness while years of violations were being reported. Ward might have to avoid the mirror for the next few days so he can make statements like violating the public trust will not be tolerated. Time to start the spin at the DMV , Time for the public to call for change in a culture that failed to protect our new drivers.

food for thought , one of the teens who did not get an eye test, or improper training might be driving in your Town.
not surprised

Broad Brook, CT

#2 Oct 22, 2008
so many for so long said so little for fear of reprisals by upper management. maybe now people will start talking and wont have to worry about the management taking revenge on them.
Tad

United States

#3 Oct 22, 2008
The big question to me is how did their drivers turn out? Forgery aside, most of the charges seem to be technical violations. While they are violations, I wonder if their alleged malfeasance lead to ill-trained drivers out on the road (traffic accidents, fatalities, etc.)
debbie from sin city

Providence, RI

#4 Oct 22, 2008
Jack Sousa and his business were in Waterbury for years. What a surpris! He's was a member of the John Rowland gang.Another surprise??? Legislation was tailor made for him so that he got all the mandatory retraining for the DUI's. He's made millions from his connections. Nice to see they finally got another crook!!
Ricky

Newington, CT

#5 Oct 22, 2008
DMV must be outsourced as was the emissions program. The graft and corruption is understated in this article. A private company would be audited and have to compete by providing excellent customer service or lose the deal. How many out there have gone to DMV lately? It is a JOKE! The people "working" there service one customer then dissappear in the back for 10 minutes then reappear and BS with another "worker" before taking another customer. Time for change!
FLATOP

Enfield, CT

#6 Oct 22, 2008
The DMV employees I have witnessed in the Enfield facility, are all very hard working employees. If I had to deal with some of the nasty people they do, I would want very frequent breaks too.

What bothers me is, a vehicle being re-
jected @ one facility & then passed @ another. Without any changes.
Ricky

Newington, CT

#7 Oct 22, 2008
FLATOP wrote:
The DMV employees I have witnessed in the Enfield facility, are all very hard working employees. If I had to deal with some of the nasty people they do, I would want very frequent breaks too.
What bothers me is, a vehicle being re-
jected @ one facility & then passed @ another. Without any changes.
I can't answer that. I was also reporting what I saw at Enfield. I did not see any people (customers) being nasty, rather for being corralled like cattle they were very patient.
AH YES

Middle Haddam, CT

#8 Oct 22, 2008
Rosa is a very close friend and financial supporter of John Rowland. Rowland gave State business exclusively to Rowland...Even today--Follow the Money. It will lead to Rowland....Maybe that and other things will lead to revolking his probation. I hope the Feds and IRS put Rosa in prison for a long time and he pays huge fines and penalties.
AH YES

Middle Haddam, CT

#9 Oct 22, 2008
I meant Rowland gave business to Rosa with no bids.
wondering

Newington, CT

#10 Oct 22, 2008
I wonder how much he donated to get the drivers license law changed? It is more money in his pocket for each student.
Sick-O-Congress Blowhards

Hartford, CT

#11 Oct 22, 2008
DMV is a major waste of taxpayer money. When my wife had to get her license, it was over 3 1/2 hours in Wethersfield. Cattle are treated better. We got there at 9am and of course when lunch came around there was ONE person at the counter serving well over a hundred people. And they talk about improving customer service. Dump the whole place in to the river and start anew.
Beckie

United States

#12 Oct 22, 2008
What exactly happens to the people who got their licenses from this school? Given the number of counts for each charge, there must be specific proof of when incidents occured. Will those who "skated" by be hauled in for retesting?
Buttercup

Colchester, CT

#13 Oct 22, 2008
Technical violations...like failure to use a certified driving instructor? Like having untrained people perform vision tests, or not administering them at all? I hate lawyers!
Ivoryton Bigk9

Newington, CT

#14 Oct 22, 2008
We had the worst experience when we used their "servive" for the written and practical. Total SCAM.

Stay far away from Academy of Driving in Old Saybrook.
Larry

United States

#15 Oct 22, 2008
Kudos!!! to Commissioner Ward and the Dmv Investigators on a job well done. it is nice to see this agency is working for a better Connecticut.
SHREK

Cheshire, CT

#16 Oct 22, 2008
Larry wrote:
Kudos!!! to Commissioner Ward and the Dmv Investigators on a job well done. it is nice to see this agency is working for a better Connecticut.
Larry read the story the Commissioner tried to buried this. Call the press sec. at the DMV I'm sure there's a position for you.
BrianCMM

Guilford, CT

#17 Oct 22, 2008
I currently have a step son attending classes at the Waterbury Academy of Driving branch. They pack so many damn kids in each class that if I don't drop him off early enough, he will have no seat to sit in and will have to stand the entire class!! That's what I get for $512.
James

Yorktown Heights, NY

#18 Oct 23, 2008
School Corrupt for years, and many many people knew it. Follow the money google this guy, plenty on him and John 'I now have a cushy job in Waterbury' Rowland...
James

Yorktown Heights, NY

#19 Oct 23, 2008
legal eagle

Cheshire, CT

#20 Oct 23, 2008
BrianCMM wrote:
I currently have a step son attending classes at the Waterbury Academy of Driving branch. They pack so many damn kids in each class that if I don't drop him off early enough, he will have no seat to sit in and will have to stand the entire class!! That's what I get for $512.
By law they cannot have more then 40 in the classroom, if you find they are exceeding that number call the commissioners office
I'm certain he would love to hear they are still breaking the law
note the classroom is large and usually has more then 40 chairs so if there is no place to sit it very well might be over the max.
anyone else have a problem with AOD ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stratford housing panelist dogged by residency ... Dec 27 Daniels Conscience 2
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Nov '17 JoecarguyCT 89
News Horton Foote's the Trip to Bountiful Approaches... Oct '17 America Gentleman... 1
Wheel Easy driving school (Feb '17) Oct '17 Mary Kate 5
News Bus company buys Conn. driving school (Feb '09) Aug '16 karma 8
News Wounded Warriors Donation Jar Stolen (Jul '16) Jul '16 Just me 2
Review: Aviara Salon And Day SPA (Apr '15) Apr '16 Middlebury 3

Middlebury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlebury Mortgages