Belden reinstated as Brookfield contr...

Belden reinstated as Brookfield controller during special selec...

There are 84 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Belden reinstated as Brookfield controller during special selec.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Michael Belden, who abruptly resigned as the town's controller Wednesday about four months after taking the job, was reinstated by the Board of Selectmen during a special meeting Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Wide Awake

Andover, CT

#88 Apr 30, 2009
The Davidson Dilemma

As we learned recently, William Davidson has decided to abandon Brookfield's Republicans completely by becoming an unaffiliated voter and seeking out the Obama Democratic Party's endorsement after facing a seemingly insurmountable bid for election next year in Brookfield on the Republican Party line. Unfortunately, his decision represents the height of political expediency that voters have come to reject from Brookfield's old smoke filled back-room politicians.

For the full story go to: http://brookfieldunited.blogspot.com/2009/04/...
Thomas Paine

New Haven, CT

#89 Apr 30, 2009
So Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
You say itÂ’s not propaganda, but what do you call this? To whom are you referring? Do you have specific examples? Do you have proof? As the other poster said, you are the problem, not the selfless individuals, on all sides of the aisle, who give of their time to try to make this a better place to live. I may not agree with them on many things, but I believe they are doing what they believe is in the interest of the town. To question their motives is hardly helpful. Again if you can cite specific examples then do so, otherwise you should stop the name calling.
Listen to the tape of the last WPCA meeting. Then you'll understand.
nope

Brookfield, CT

#90 May 5, 2009
JTM40 wrote:
Silvaggi is a good and fair man, some say "too good to be any good." He needs to develop a nasty streak to offset the nastiness of Murphy and Park. Ernie is right, from the very beginning the other 2 Selectmen did all they could to scuttle his administration. Whatever Silvaggi tried to do was opposed by the other two. He got a weak ethics code, but even Collins (Attorney for the other two) scuttled that. CAN ANYONE DISPUTE THAT BROOKFIELD GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN BROKEN BY SPECIAL INTERESTS -- WHOSE CONFEDERATES NOW ANNOUNCE THEIR CANDIDACY FOR SELECTMEN. WOE TO US. WHO WILL SAVE US (no one local).
a little late, but i'll be glad to dispute it...

let's see..

silvaggi is only listening to the person with a financial interest in the senior center project.

silvaggi has had meetings with certain volunteer (although be elected) reps of committees about TOWN employees.

silvaggi has his "weekly visitors" who scheme to come up with the next ethics probe...

silvaggi has gone out of his way to delay the high school (multiple times, and it is noted in several BOS meetings- and no, not by Murphy or Park...)

silvaggi voted against the school budget 3 times in a row as the tie breaking vote after the town over-whelmingly wanted to keep the numbers up (why? oh... look who else voted no...)

so yes, all this is a mute fact because he did it- not murphy. good point. GET A CLUE.
silvaggi whistle blower

New York, NY

#91 May 25, 2009
r silvaggi was an AZZ and a beligerent piece of trash while teaching school in the 70's in his social studies class. If you didn't wear green on St patty's day you were his number one target!

Now you people are dealing and witnessing his immaturity and excuse to be human.

If i was down in Brookfield right now, he'd get a good SPANKING from me!

and silvaggi if ur reading this *uk you 1000x!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bus company buys Conn. driving school (Feb '09) Wed karma 8
Mds that prescribe benzos Wed Help a sister out 1
Chris Powell Editor of the JI investigated for ... Aug 22 PiratedAmerican 1
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Aug 20 37male 55
News Brandy Milone Aug 16 KINGCOBRA 1
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 5 Lulu 2
News Wounded Warriors Donation Jar Stolen Jul '16 Just me 2

Middlebury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance