Belden reinstated as Brookfield contr...

Belden reinstated as Brookfield controller during special selec...

There are 84 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Apr 24, 2009, titled Belden reinstated as Brookfield controller during special selec.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Michael Belden, who abruptly resigned as the town's controller Wednesday about four months after taking the job, was reinstated by the Board of Selectmen during a special meeting Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
How Stupid

Ludlow, MA

#1 Apr 24, 2009
After Nepomuceno left the executive session about 20 minutes later, he said: "There's going to be big trouble in this town."

The trouble started when Nepomuceno was elected to the Board of Finance. It got worse with Silvaggi. Can't wait till we have someone else, just about anyone would be better. Both on the Board of Finance and as First Selectman!
Facts maam

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#2 Apr 24, 2009
The bad behavior on the part of Silvaggi needs to stop - he screwed up big time with this Controller.

The vindictiveness on the part of the other two Selectmen needs to stop as well. As right as they may have been, they could have done it much more diplomatically than depicted here.

Ernie may be the smartest one when it comes to finances - BUT BEING BOARD OF FINANCE CHAIRMAN DOES NOT MEAN GETTING YOUR WAY ALL THE TIME!!! This is the problem with being there too long.

Belden's coming back, he's the Controller, now MOVE ON and work together. If none of you can, pack up and resign!
Just thinking

Monroe, CT

#3 Apr 24, 2009
Belden is an angry man. Just watch any board of finance video and you will see he can't give a straight answer when he is asked a question regarding the budget. He just gives a blank stare like he has never heard the questions asked of him.
Semper Fi

New Haven, CT

#4 Apr 24, 2009
Where there is smoke there is fire. I just hope the women in the office are not the complainants. Without any testimony from them, there could be a harassment lawsuit coming with the selectmen complicit in enabling the harasser. We'll have to wait and see.
Something Stinks

Wallingford, CT

#5 Apr 24, 2009
Why would a person resign their position & then revoke it, especially in this economy. A job like this is a dream come true for a person seeking work. I have to think there is much much more to this whole story. Until the Board of Selectman begin working together, the Town of Brookfield will continue the steady & horrible decline of the last several years. These people we have entrusted with the town have really let us down in many ways. The continuous tug of war only makes the taxpayers & residents frightened for the future....
Pot Hole

Orange, CT

#6 Apr 24, 2009
Silvaggi should resign.

He stated he would fix the pot holes in his run for Selectman. The roads have never been in worse shape.

This guy is detrimental to the Town.
Letter Holder

Orange, CT

#7 Apr 24, 2009
Maybe if Silvaggi stopped his letter writing to those who donate their time to Town boards and Commissions....

Silvaggi....

R
E
S
I
D
N

Please. You've wasted all of our time and tax monies.
Go back on vacation.

You remind me of a box of Rocks.
Puff n Grunt

Colchester, CT

#8 Apr 24, 2009
Play the circus music while Belden does his Britany Spears imitation. . .
REALTOR

Lady Lake, FL

#9 Apr 25, 2009
Did you know that Tiger Silvaggi's house is on the market?
Brookfield Parent

Newtown, CT

#10 Apr 25, 2009
Read this string of comments and you see why no one and I mean no one of any intelligence wants anything to do with joni park, jerry murphy or robert silvaggi and the corrupt group of friends who support them.
Does not say anything

Southbury, CT

#11 Apr 25, 2009
Has anybody else ever noticed that Nepomuceno never gives a reason for his beliefs? He states his opinions as if they are facts and never justifies. I am not saying he is wrong, but it would be interesting for him to tell us why he believes what he believes.
So Wrong

Ludlow, MA

#12 Apr 25, 2009
"Ernie may be the smartest one when it comes to finances "
This is about the dumbest comment on this board.
Not Again

Plattsburgh, NY

#13 Apr 25, 2009
Brookfield politics are getting to be just as embarrassing as they were when Marty was running things
Drama or humor

Worcester, MA

#14 Apr 25, 2009
I don't know whether I should add this incident to the many Brookfiled news stories that fall into the 'all too much drama' category or the 'embarrasing' category.
Just thinking

Monroe, CT

#15 Apr 25, 2009
Something Stinks wrote:
Why would a person resign their position & then revoke it, especially in this economy. A job like this is a dream come true for a person seeking work. I have to think there is much much more to this whole story. Until the Board of Selectman begin working together, the Town of Brookfield will continue the steady & horrible decline of the last several years. These people we have entrusted with the town have really let us down in many ways. The continuous tug of war only makes the taxpayers & residents frightened for the future....
You deserve the prize for today. You hiy the nail on the head.......what is really going on in BROOKFIELD!!
Best for the town

Deep River, CT

#16 Apr 25, 2009
Finally Silvaggi makes a decision that is in the best interest of the Town and he is once again politically sabatoged. Mike Belden is an incompetant controller with an inability to communicate with others. Watch the BOF meetings, he never gives the BOF members any correct or acurate information, even when he his repeatedly asked. The Town is the one who will pay in the end if Mike Belden comes back as Controller.
Brookfield DisUNITED

Lady Lake, FL

#17 Apr 25, 2009
Things are becoming clearer. Ernie Nepucemeno will be the First Selectman Candidate from Brookfield United. This group of phonies using Christine Patrone as their spokesMAN when she doesn't exist. This group was the only group of citizens at the Board meeting yesterday and were marshalled by Ernie and the recently unworth of employment Steve DeVaux
The Wild Blue Yonder

Lady Lake, FL

#18 Apr 25, 2009
Semper Fi wrote:
Where there is smoke there is fire. I just hope the women in the office are not the complainants. Without any testimony from them, there could be a harassment lawsuit coming with the selectmen complicit in enabling the harasser. We'll have to wait and see.
Dumb comment. The harassers could be quite different than is apparent.
First Selectman2009

Andover, CT

#19 Apr 25, 2009
Help us to reclaim our town government. Join the Brookfield United Team with our support to become The Town of Brookfield's next First Selectman.

A selection committee of concerned citizens is conducting an exhaustive search of all potential candidates for First Selectman. This study included possible candidates from major parties and unaffiliated citizens. The First Selectman is the principal officer responsible for the administration, operations and financial management of the Town and is responsible for executive oversight of the Town's services, departments and responding to citizen's issues with the goals of improving revenue, operations and customer satisfaction.

This is an elected position with a minimum 2 year term commencing December 2009, at an annual salary of $72,905. Town residency is required. A complete job description and information is available at http://www.brookfieldunited.blogspot.com/
Fairness

Ashford, CT

#20 Apr 25, 2009
Did anyone know a temporary person that recently received a large raise is helping with his work? Permanent staff is receiving cut in hours, layoffs, no raises. How is this fair? What else is happening that you don't know about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlebury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What was the the Naugatuck Valley Mall like? (Jun '13) Nov 29 Neerod 15
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Nov 26 Wjf25 60
naugy sex offender list (Nov '10) Nov 25 busybeader 2
News Waterbury one of the best places to raise a family (Jul '08) Nov 21 Ihwby 202
News Parade Of Pups Line Up As Danbury Officially Op... Oct '16 Haylee 1
News Bus company buys Conn. driving school (Feb '09) Aug '16 karma 8
News Wounded Warriors Donation Jar Stolen Jul '16 Just me 2

Middlebury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middlebury Mortgages