Police: Boy, 14, ran in front of truc...

Police: Boy, 14, ran in front of truck in suicide

There are 9 comments on the York Dispatch story from Nov 5, 2010, titled Police: Boy, 14, ran in front of truck in suicide. In it, York Dispatch reports that:

Police say a 14-year-old central Pennsylvania boy was killed when he intentionally ran in front of a tractor-trailer after leaving a suicide note at his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at York Dispatch.

So very sad

Jersey Shore, PA

#1 Nov 5, 2010
Condolences to the family! So sad that this young child saw no other way out of his problems. May he finally 'Rest in Peace'.

Since: Jun 10

York, PA

#2 Nov 5, 2010
So very sad; he doesn't have the chance now to see that tomorrow may have been brighter. I cannot imagine losing my child this way; my deepest sympathies to family.
myview

York, PA

#3 Nov 5, 2010
So sad for the truck driver, too.

Since: Jun 10

York, PA

#4 Nov 5, 2010
myview wrote:
So sad for the truck driver, too.
You are so right.
Nikki

State College, PA

#5 Nov 5, 2010
My heart and prayers are with his family.As a person who is trying to figure out where the answer ever becomes clear in suicide,my quest is nine years and counting.With still no answers,or resolve myself.Our hearts are not equipped to handle such a tragedy!We should not have to handle the lose of our children,not ever to a suicide!!For you I wish there could be something of a comfort to offer,I have only words that come from one Mother's heart to another.Remember them,teach from your grief,and never forget,one small gesture to you,may be the one life saving gesture to someone else!I am truly sorry for your lose,and hope that we can all take from this someway of stopping just one from taking away their pain by this unthinkable way of a resolution.Life is worth living,and I will never forget today that my heart was broken by this precious 14yr.old boy.I don't even know your name,I truly hope you have found your peace.I know you will not be alone,good-bye young soul,you can rest now.
Jm BOB

Blairstown, NJ

#6 Nov 5, 2010
i feel bad for him and my sympthay goes to the family but he could of got some help or talk to someone and now the truck driver has to live with that for the rest of his life and is probally going to loose his job or never want to drive a truck again
Tom

Etters, PA

#7 Nov 5, 2010
Jm BOB wrote:
i feel bad for him and my sympthay goes to the family but he could of got some help or talk to someone and now the truck driver has to live with that for the rest of his life and is probally going to loose his job or never want to drive a truck again
I doubt if the driver will lose his job,but, I'm sure he won't be back behind the wheel anytime real soon. Condolences to the family of the child. This is an extremely heart breaking story. My heart goes out to the truck driver and his family. Gonna be a long road to recovery..
Jake

New Ringgold, PA

#8 Nov 5, 2010
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt if the driver will lose his job,but, I'm sure he won't be back behind the wheel anytime real soon. Condolences to the family of the child. This is an extremely heart breaking story. My heart goes out to the truck driver and his family. Gonna be a long road to recovery..
This boy was supposedly bullied in school, Im sorry for the family, truck driver, and his class mates, hopefully the ones responsable for bullying him will be held accountable this time.
peace

Selinsgrove, PA

#9 Nov 9, 2010
i hope the bullies can live with them selves..my prays are to the family and the trucker....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
curious (Mar '10) Apr '17 Hindu 15
Poll Michele Foose, good or bad for Mifflinburg? (May '10) Oct '16 Seussy 43
Rev. Menolo, Benny Shields and other phony prea... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
News Parents: English Teacher Writes Racy Novels (Apr '11) Apr '16 Planter 7
News Shannon Tire Continues to Add Stores in Pennsyl... (Mar '16) Mar '16 west county road 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mifflinburg, PA (Aug '10) Feb '16 kmn 14
Debate: Marijuana - Mifflinburg, PA (Sep '10) Feb '16 kmn 12

Middleburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middleburg Mortgages