Top Stories - Woman Killed in Pit Bull Attack

MIDDLEBURG, FL -- Two pit bulls killed a woman in Middleburg Tuesday morning. The incident happened at a home on Cosmos Road , which is south east of County Road 218 and Hibiscus Avenue. Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
SUPRISED

Nolensville, TN

#1 Oct 2, 2007
not hardly.
JaxGirl

Opa Locka, FL

#2 Oct 2, 2007
Don't blame the breed, it's the owners that are the problem - the animals MUST be destroyed - My prayers are with the victim's family - Kudos to whomever shot and killed one of the dogs -
mr gonzo

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Oct 2, 2007
NOW SHOOT AND KILL THE OWNER ..I consider a pit bull on the loose the same as a gun a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands ..Point a gun get shot ..Your dog attacks and kills you get shot along with the dog ..
someone

Orange Park, FL

#4 Oct 2, 2007
She was the owner
aBc

United States

#5 Oct 2, 2007
mr gonzo wrote:
NOW SHOOT AND KILL THE OWNER ..I consider a pit bull on the loose the same as a gun a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands ..Point a gun get shot ..Your dog attacks and kills you get shot along with the dog ..
they were HER dogs.....
aBc

United States

#6 Oct 2, 2007
mr gonzo wrote:
not only were they HER dogs they were behind HER fence....

don't automatically assume that these were dogs on the loose running through the area....
Laura

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Oct 2, 2007
mr gonzo wrote:
you are dead on!!!It's not about the dogs, its about the owner..getting 2 pitbulls can be dangerous, they get a pack mentallity..
Taylor

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Oct 2, 2007
someone wrote:
She was the owner
wow, how did she lose control..you don't hear about an adult being attack by her own dogs..In someways thats better, I was thinking about some poor lady walking to her car and being malled to death..
Jeff

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Oct 2, 2007
aBc wrote:
<quoted text>
don't automatically assume that these were dogs on the loose running through the area....
that would be a pretty good assumption!! what kind of fool can't control her dogs even a little bit or just enough not to get killed.
resident

United States

#10 Oct 2, 2007
Again, we don't know the full story. She could have been neglecting them or abusing them. An animal will turn on you after taking so much. That is so horrible. I can't even imagine that. My prayers go out to the family.
DEF

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Oct 2, 2007
aBc wrote:
<quoted text>
In the news story they said that someone shot one and the other ran away,so how could that be inside her fence??
aBc

United States

#12 Oct 2, 2007
DEF wrote:
<quoted text>In the news story they said that someone shot one and the other ran away,so how could that be inside her fence??
easy, first this is not the only news station reporting on this, and second there was a news conference from rick bessler, the sheriff in clay county...
Eddie

Tampa, FL

#13 Oct 2, 2007
Man, I am so sorry for the loss of the lady and the dogs. What could have gone wrong when you have owned these two dogs for so long? Were they ever abused by the owner or her son? Were they ever trained to fight? Make me wonder. Several attacks this year have been reported. I have friends who had Bit Bulls all their lives and never had a problem with them. I just don;t understand it.
Deadly Dogs

Lexington Park, MD

#14 Oct 2, 2007
Why don't we go ahead and continue the proliferation of this wonderful docile breed... So many folks think this breed is harmless and that the problem lies with the owners or some one else.

BUNK! The breed is vicious and deadly. I say shoot on sight!
Pete

Orlando, FL

#15 Oct 2, 2007
In 99% of these cases, humans are to blame. Many of you may know this, but many dont. Pit bulls are often "line bred" which could be a father bred to a daughter, brother to sister, mother to son and so on and so on. This is done to creat a "hot" litter intended for fighting. Let's say there is a litter of 9 puppies. Most of them will go to people looking for "hot" dogs, but the few that are left over are often given away or go to shelters and they have no idea that the cute litte puppy is an inbred puppy. Needless to say, their DNA is all screwed up which often is the cause of their aggressiveness. Punish the moronic fools who breed these dogs for fighting. Just like guns, they are only dangerous when they are in the hands of irrisponsible humans!! And for all you fools who think pit bulls are dangerous just because they are "pit bulls" Do a little research before you open your uneducated mouth!
shelby fass

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Oct 2, 2007
I hate to see this happen, but i am a pitt bull owner and have hade my dogs for years and never had them attempt to hurt anyone. i have small children that the dogs are around all the time. my dogs are family dogs they sleep in our beds...... There are reasons these dogs attack abuse/neglect i hate that this gives them such a bad name
David

Orlando, FL

#17 Oct 2, 2007
You are absolutely right Pete. The breed is only dangerous when they are bred by and are raised by irrisponsible people
William

Taylorsville, NC

#18 Oct 2, 2007
Now we will hear all the excuses from the Pit Bull owners.
Such as:
a)These were not real Pit Bulls.
b)There is no such thing as a Pit Bull breed.
c)The owner must have trained them to kill.
d)The owner must have abused them.
e)The owner was trespassing on their own property
f)The owner must have tried to eat the Pits food.
g)The owner had them caged-up all the time.
h)The police reported this wrong.
i)The news rerporters did not report the story accurately.
j)Why did the officers have too kill these wonderful pets?
Did I forget any...
This is just another very sad story that did not have to happen.
shelby fass

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Oct 2, 2007
just like pete has wrote do you're research!!!! every breed can turn, how about them ankel bitting small breeds? you know what im talking about i'm more scared for my kids to be around those little mean suckers than my viscious/lol blue nose pedigreeded babys!!!!!!!!
Mark J

Orlando, FL

#20 Oct 2, 2007
Statistically, Stupid little cocker spaniels bite more people than any other dog. Do some research William

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middleburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SUBMISSION: Obama Bows and Kisses the . of Sa... 14 hr TOASTER 8
Review: First Coast MD (Aug '09) 19 hr naytasha 64
State Attorney and Public Defender (Duval Count... (Mar '08) Wed Tatlover 9,956
Boyfriend, girlfriend found dead at Arlington E... Wed TOASTER 11
Legit supplier of m-a-rij-uauna,pain n anxiety ... Wed Local jacksonville 1
To the young folks Tue King of wisdom 3
Holy-Cow Poll in Jax: Alvin Brown Mayoral Seat ... Tue TOASTER 1
Middleburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web