Unlicensed contractor sting brings fines, arrests

Mar 14, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Florida Times-Union

“If we can catch this many this easily, I think it's an indicator there's an awful lot of this going on”

With a difficult economic climate, homeowners are often looking for bargains when it comes to home repair. via Florida Times-Union

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Homeowner

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Contracting costs to the consumer are already WAY to high! Now cheating. Who can you trust?
Homeowner Landlord

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

I want to know how I report someone I beleive to be claiming to be licensed and insured, who is, in fact NOT or possibly using the license and insurance number of a company a family member works for
what is in a name

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

in the state of florida, you can look up a license dept. of business and professional regulation by name and/or license - call your local building department and ask if that person/company is registered (for lack of a better word) for your county - each county is suppose to have a contractors disciplinary board where unsatisfied clients can file complaints against contractors - hope this helps you some
Deputy Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

How many licensed and insured contractors lie, cheat and steal not only from the general public daily, but their help as well. Of course they have bribed congress in cases where they are large enough or they have lobbied as one--even though they are many contractors across the entire nation.

There is no justice in America.
what is in a name

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

there are bad apples in every profession that lie, cheat and steal from everyone - but there are also good, honest people that care about their image and reputation and the quality of their workmanship in every profession - there are lobbist for many things at all levels of government

there is justice in america but not always

so deputy dog, you are right in many ways, i just think you are bit too harsh
Deputy Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

what is in a name wrote:
there are bad apples in every profession that lie, cheat and steal from everyone - but there are also good, honest people that care about their image and reputation and the quality of their workmanship in every profession - there are lobbist for many things at all levels of government
there is justice in america but not always
so deputy dog, you are right in many ways, i just think you are bit too harsh
That's because you weren't one of the ones stolen from all your life. Harsh? Our lawyers are all liars, cheaters and thieves--unless they are deaf, dumb and blind. Take the case of the gov suing tobacco, to see that not one lawyer across America, stood for justice and the people in that case. The states attorneys generals and politicians stole all those billions as all watched.
what is in a name

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

wow, you are a very, bitter person about everything - tobacco money, a member of my family received several thousands from that and he's not an attorney or a politician, just a regular joe

so, i choose to look for the good in things, the silver lining so to speak

i pity you deputy dog i'll pray for you but you probably have a bitter opinion about prayer also
Deputy Dog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

what is in a name wrote:
wow, you are a very, bitter person about everything - tobacco money, a member of my family received several thousands from that and he's not an attorney or a politician, just a regular joe
so, i choose to look for the good in things, the silver lining so to speak
i pity you deputy dog i'll pray for you but you probably have a bitter opinion about prayer also
Sorry, I thought you might be more than a simpleton, watching America be destroyed, but hey, you shouldn't be blamed because the school system made you like that.
busted while unlicensed

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

some of us out there would like nothing more than to be legal while performing the work we dohow evr the state of california in a depression has made it very hard and expensive to become legall. I worked for 2 locall corrupt ass companys who incouraged screwing the customer every chance we were able to,raiseing prices before giveing so called discounts flat out over priceing the job to a redicullous amount .I would say what does it really matter wheather i work for lisenced company screwing the customer or me giveing discounted price that truelly is less than the norrm by half .I save the customer money and deliver a quality product trying to build an actuall relationship .government is only out to build revenue and go after an easy target.If they really wanted to get a good bust go grab up the 80 mexicans standing outside home depot !! oh thats right that would cost the state money for deportation is not what they are looking to do!!

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Here is another huge scam,

I guess the consumers are just too stupid and ignorant to hire a contractor of his choice. This goes for hair cuts, plumbing, heating and air remodeling, etc…. I guess that Big Fat Nanny Government is qualified to determine if someone is qualified to do a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middleburg Discussions

Search the Middleburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr who cares 2,917
Holders Bantu spew 11 hr noshellswill 1
POLITICO pimping faghgboi grift ... 20 hr noshellswill 1
Review: Alpha Tree Surgery Sun Wanda G 1
Obama.nation traitorous Bantu sluttt Sun noshellswill 1
Arrestan a pareja por tener sexo dentro de iglesia (Mar '08) Sat Miguel 3
lessons from Vietnam and Afganland Sat noshellswill 1
•••
•••
•••
Middleburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters