Cuomo: Suffolk nursing home workers m...

Cuomo: Suffolk nursing home workers mistreated patient

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 8, 2008, titled Cuomo: Suffolk nursing home workers mistreated patient. In it, Newsday reports that:

Four nursing home workers, caught apparently mistreating a patient on a hidden camera, were charged yesterday with falsifying records and endangering a resident at a Suffolk facility with a checkered history, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Full Magazine

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 8, 2008
The Administrator, Chief Pharmacist, and MOST OF ALL Nursing Director should be prosecuted with these lowlife NURSES, They all bear responsibility!!!!!!!!!
Satan

Houston, TX

#2 Oct 8, 2008
New York sounds like a lot of fun.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#3 Oct 8, 2008
THIS IS DISGUSTING & RAMPED!!!
THE FRITO BANDITO

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Oct 8, 2008
Look at what they hired there. Probably 1/2 of them don't even have a HS GED. Dumber than stumps and the shame of it THEY DON'T CARE. Amazing tht anything put down disappears into the twilight zone. Where the oversite here?
not suprised

Edison, NJ

#5 Oct 8, 2008
I have done per diem work there as a nurse, I am not suprised this has happened. My grandmother also died there. Mind you I've seen the best and worse nursing homes on long island.
anyway most of the staff there are good. But when a facility cuts staff to save money (1 nurse on a floor of 50 patients) where as other facilities have 2 nurses on the floor, AND a charge nurse. One can forsee these things happening. Then when you take your time to do your job right, and don't leave on time because of that...they don't even want to pay you. I have refused to return there just for those reasons alone. The facility's owners should be brought up on charges. You must have a good patient to staff ratio. The CNA's there had 10 patients sometimes..then if someone calls in sick ..OMG!
Then again, some people are just stupid and plain lazy.
Very sad but things like this are happening all over now. When someone like me complains about it no body listens and in all honesty these owners don't see them as patients rather they are viewed as money.
shame on them too!
lona

United States

#6 Oct 8, 2008
THE FRITO BANDITO wrote:
Look at what they hired there. Probably 1/2 of them don't even have a HS GED. Dumber than stumps and the shame of it THEY DON'T CARE. Amazing tht anything put down disappears into the twilight zone. Where the oversite here?
What do you mean by a look what they hired there? This statement sounds very negative, while what you say about 1/2 of the CNA's don't have their GED is quite true, but there are very good CNA's and nurses who are very dedicated and work very hard in those nursing homes. Alot of balme is placed on CNA's how about placing blame on the nursing home owners, administrators, and directors of nursing who milk those poor residents of every dime while short changing them while cutting staff, not providing adequate supplies on the floors to care for thes residents, and hadly any equipment in their rehab gyms for therapist to work with but yet they rape and scrape medicare for every dime the could get. If the state really want to change abuse in the nursing homes they should start by going after those dirt bags who run those nursing homes.
proud cna

AOL

#7 Oct 11, 2008
Most cna care alot for our patients and try to do the best we can.NY state doesn't put a limit on how many patients we take care for.The ratio residents family are told is only when full staff. HA HA doesn't happen to often.Patients are changed 2x a shift not 4x.try taking care of 20 patients,they are turned around every 2 hours but impossible to change.I'm sure the facility doesn't even supply enought diapers and towels to do that.Newsday should report sometimes about the good things that happen instead of making all nursing home workers look bad. The state should require nursing homes to show how we send patients out to the hospital and what they come back like.Bedsores,C-Diff,MRSA and infections almost always aquired in the hospital.I'm not saying everything is perfect and every aide is good but this makes the lay person think of nursing homes the way they used to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is really Bradys 'lie a day' segment? Com... 3 hr 11951Ratdog 163
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 5 hr Rosie 462
Fence installation Sun 11951Ratdog 6
Fugarino takes his merry band of screechers to ... Sun Its over 16
Patchogue Fire Dept Dec 1 John 5
mastic village being dissolved (Apr '16) Nov 30 Busted 288
Mastic Village to Dissolve Results: 1,922 to 1,... Nov 28 just me 16

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance