85-356 Prohibited use (Front Yard)
If its wrong

East Moriches, NY

#41 Mar 3, 2013
Beach Man wrote:
<quoted text>
8-51. Obstruction of roadway or crosswalk. It shall be prohibited to park a motor vehicle in such a manner so as to obstruct a road or a crosswalk in the Village of Mastic Beach.
My street is so skinny if I park in it only one car can pass. I told the guy I would take care of it in the spring. He agreed.
brady doesn't read
Brady

Stamford, CT

#42 Mar 4, 2013
If its wrong wrote:
<quoted text>thats what Frank F did. Placed rocks over the entire front section of his lawn and he can park all his cars there with no hassle from the village. Sure cars get hit with rocks and they are all over the road, but it's legal!
Maybe Frank wanted to pave his driveway but due to proximity to wetlands was not permitted to use an impermeable surface.
Delbert McFarland

Kuwait

#43 Mar 4, 2013
Brady wrote:
was not permitted to use an impermeable surface.
neither was Gary, but he did anyway.
Bradys at it again

East Moriches, NY

#44 Mar 4, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe Frank wanted to pave his driveway but due to proximity to wetlands was not permitted to use an impermeable surface.
No. He placed rock over the ENTIRE length of his property between the road and his illegally high front fence. Basically he made his entire front strip of lawn into a drive way.

So there is your solution people. Dump 20 yards of crushed rock on your lawn next to the road and turn the entire strip into a driveway. I mean, thats SOOOO much safer then just parking on the grass. Or follow Village code to the letter and park IN the street! Because if it's stupid or dangerous, it's village code.
Bye Bye

Stamford, CT

#45 Mar 4, 2013
Bradys at it again wrote:
<quoted text>No. He placed rock over the ENTIRE length of his property between the road and his illegally high front fence. Basically he made his entire front strip of lawn into a drive way.
So there is your solution people. Dump 20 yards of crushed rock on your lawn next to the road and turn the entire strip into a driveway. I mean, thats SOOOO much safer then just parking on the grass. Or follow Village code to the letter and park IN the street! Because if it's stupid or dangerous, it's village code.
Who approved Frank's house...Town of Brookhaven! You are wrong again.
Brady at it again

East Moriches, NY

#46 Mar 4, 2013
Bye Bye wrote:
<quoted text>Who approved Frank's house...Town of Brookhaven! You are wrong again.
Not talking about his house. Do you even read?
Im talking about the very dangerous and large pile of rocks over the ENTIRE LENGTH of his property BETWEEN HIS ILLEGALLY HIGH FENCE AND THE ROAD that turned that strip of land into a "driveway".
So, YOU are wrong again!

Im offering a solution to this person, whats your deal?

Anyone that has received a "fine" for parking on your lawn...
DUMP 20 YARDS OF CRUSHED GRAVEL NEXT TO THE ROAD OVER THE ENTIRE LENGTH AND PRESTO = INSTANT DRIVE WAY. Village says its OK, so do it.
OR
Park in the road as code allows and block traffic.
Deputy Mayor McCheese

Kuwait

#47 Mar 4, 2013
and plant corn and tomato plants in your front yard to get around the grass height limitations. plus you get food out of the deal.
Brady

Mastic, NY

#48 Mar 5, 2013
Deputy Mayor McCheese wrote:
and plant corn and tomato plants in your front yard to get around the grass height limitations. plus you get food out of the deal.
we finally agree on something.
honest person

Dumont, NJ

#49 May 15, 2013
crookhaven crookhaven crookhven
Pissed off

Ronkonkoma, NY

#50 Jun 12, 2014
IF I can not put my registered RV trailer in my driveway like the boat owners do where am I suspose to put it?
hoo doo you think you are

Savannah, GA

#51 Jun 12, 2014
Stirz Marina is the only business permitted and authorized by the village for boat and RV parking in Mastic Beach.
darden

Mastic, NY

#52 Aug 19, 2015
Beaver dr wrote:
Ok today my mother got this letter for having her legal car, parked by the edge of the road on the grass in front of her house, Who ever thinks they are now going to start Sh-t with me you can go f yourself, I will move the car everyday from yard too yard between both houses that we own on whitter, so keep it up you have nothing better to do then mess with an older lady, because she had a vote no sign infront of her house, the only reason she was against the village is because she is on a fixed budget due to being disabled from a car accident, by the way it was a 14 year old girl
That took out her mothers BMW and crashed into my mothers car, so please keep trying to fuck with me and I will just put down concrete in the whole front yard and make a drive way 200 feet long. P.s. I will pay the fine to do that :)

It is sad that the town is giving tickets for parking infront of your house. You should be able to park on the grass in front your home.. You own the property..
hoo doo you think you are

Savannah, GA

#53 Aug 20, 2015
darden wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be able to park on the grass in front your home.. You own the property..
It doesnt make it right though. You can also burn crosses in your front yard and fly the confederate battle flag as well, doesnt make that right either. Try being a good neighbor instead of parking several junk bucket cars all over your property.

Since: Apr 09

Shirley, NY

#54 Aug 20, 2015
This thread started in 2010. I love when old things get re-hashed.
FYI. The village never came back to see if I laid rock out front and we have three brand new cars parked out there at different parts of the day. No junk.
I think they have bigger fish to fry.

Two years till retirement. Hope I can sell.
al s

East Hartford, CT

#55 Aug 22, 2015
Brookhaven has no jurisdiction to write a ticket in the village
TruthTeller

Manorville, NY

#56 Sep 12, 2015
get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah! Stupid laws make money! How do you think the village will make it's money? With stupid laws!!
You were so blinded to get a village that you didn't understand reality!!! I'm glade a ticket was issued! If we are to have a village, lets do it right. What, you thought a village would just turn in to a utopia and only fine the "undesirables" of MB and leave the rest alone? Well, if you were gullible enough to believe Frank and his "village vision", i guess you are gullible enough to believe anything!
Mastic Beach is not a rich city like Huntington, so you have no right to be making negative remarks about those folks who feel harassed by the enforcement codes. In fact, many folks were just dragged into Mastic Beach village without their consent. They were happily living in Shirley.

Since: Apr 15

Location hidden

#57 Sep 12, 2015
Shirley was well swept up in the proposed utopia promised by MBVEC. But after viewing the circus that ensued, ran away like an old Monty Python skit.

E Bolin of Medford

Medford, NY

#58 Jan 28, 2016
The fine for parking on your own grass is $500 to $2000 for the first offense? Plus up to 15 days in jail. Second offense up to$5000 and six months in jail? This is just wrong. What a scam.
rightrabbit

Shirley, NY

#59 Feb 22, 2016
The rule is there for a reason-parking all over the place-including the front lawn or making multiple driveways makes the place look like a slum.
the D man

Brooklyn, NY

#60 Feb 23, 2016
Johnson can't run for office because he was born in canada

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... (Apr '15) 10 hr hoo doo you think... 154
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Mon lkjlk 79
In need of a Certified Pool Operator asap Jun 24 Mknight 1
News Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) Jun 23 Facepunch Grandpa 130
Dissolve the village Jun 23 Loza 10
Vacant Kmart Building (Jan '10) Jan '16 mikelongisland 44
Old Bars (Jun '08) Oct '15 lmt 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages