Tawaun Weber: Carrying the torch

Tawaun Weber: Carrying the torch

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Feb 1, 2009, titled Tawaun Weber: Carrying the torch. In it, Newsday reports that:

Tawaun Weber, 29, is president of the Greater Gordon Heights Civic Association, which works to improve the quality of life in Gordon Heights, a predominantly African-American community in the Town of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

BLIND EMOTIONALLY

North Olmsted, OH

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Ha! Ms. Whitty continues to completely AVOID the true fundamental problem plaguing the GH community. Non-affordable housing as well as the dumping of sex offenders (caused by greedy, could care less investors who buy up property from citizens who can't continue to afford their homes) is all a result of one of the root problems. GH has the HIGHEST property taxes than any other working class community on LI. Sadly enough, this is self impossed. An all black fire department created in the 1950's to address an issue that no longer exists in reality, but only in the small minds of a few. Ms. Whitty, although not financially contributing herself to this MONSTER of a TAX burden, insists on supporting the UNSUSTAINABLE fire district to the bitter end. Regardless of the fact that the VOLUNTEERS can serve their beloved community through a larger surrounding district and join the other half of the GH residents who do not reside within the boundary lines of the GHFD, she has refused to put her pride aside for the well being of the community. This article is bogus as far as I am concerned. She does not have the best interest of her community at heart. She has a lot of growing up to do and she would do her community a lot more good by stepping "out of the way". It's time she apologizes for her inability to see things through unbias eyes and for conveniently bending the rules as she pleases. The only thing worse than a man with a huge EGO is a woman with one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... (Apr '15) 5 hr My name is unknown 138
In need of a Certified Pool Operator asap 9 hr Mknight 1
News Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) Thu Facepunch Grandpa 130
Dissolve the village Thu Loza 10
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Jun 21 Badothebone 78
Squatters and high grass Jun 21 Sick 30
Vacant Kmart Building (Jan '10) Jan '16 mikelongisland 44
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages