Driver's HOV buddy was a dummy

Driver's HOV buddy was a dummy

There are 5 comments on the The Associated Press story from Feb 24, 2007, titled Driver's HOV buddy was a dummy . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

The police officer was no dummy, but the passenger was. Suffolk County police ticketed a driver for propping a first-aid practice mannequin in his passenger seat to fake his way into a highway car pool lane.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

abc123

Middle Island, NY

#1 Mar 2, 2007
Was the dummy driving
Mr Evans

AOL

#2 Mar 8, 2007
This is news?Whats next?12 year old boy pukes at taco bell?How about "Man in white van uses HOV lane as passing lane"
Jake

Surprise, AZ

#3 Jul 20, 2007
What's funny is the fact that the only reason I found this article was because I was searching for a dummy so that I could do the same thing. Traffic sucks, and that carpool lane just looks fantastic
NYLONEWOLF

Bayonne, NJ

#4 Jul 20, 2007
I've driven the LIE for 30+ years,I did see this same thing last year.Cop had this young kid pulled over and everyone is looking and there it was,a dummy in the passenger side seat,even the cop was laughing about it while he was writing the guy up.
Nikki

New York, NY

#5 Jul 23, 2007
That is great lol i love it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horse boarding (Jan '13) 4 hr Susan 59
News Mt. Sinai schools probing sexual harassment claim (Mar '07) 10 hr FromMtSinaiMiddle... 65
SUNY-EMPIRE College Road Oct 17 SmokinJoe 1
Mastic Beach or Ghetto Beach? (Feb '11) Oct 17 Badtothebone 90
Vick Zeelany Oct 17 Badtothebone 2
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Oct 14 SmokinJoe 12
SCCC Natures Garden (Dec '12) Oct 12 SmokinJoe 9

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages