village tax assessments
here we go again

Shirley, NY

#1 Nov 28, 2012
In the village of Mastic Beach,hit hard by the storm, properties will be assessed on what exists as of Dec.31. But for homes outside the village that are assessed by the Town of Brookhaven, assessments will be as of March 1,2013.
This is from Newsday Nov 28.
Why is the village in such a rush to have this assessment done so fast before houses can be repaired? These properties will be assessed at a lower rate and the village will raise the taxes on all the other properties to make up the differences.
Why would the board vote to do this, could it that Gary Stiriz, Gail Cappiello and Bob Morrow all had damage to their properties down by the waterfront and want to be assessed at a lower rate?

Also the village has said that they are done with storm clean up,so if you have a mess in front of your house you are out of luck as far as they are concerned,so I would recommend that you call the village and tell them to do the job right.
to the dishonest village

Shirley, NY

#2 Nov 28, 2012
There is a workshop tonight go to it and ask what is going on. I don't want my tax raised to support some one living on the water front who will have their tax lowered. Or is this just a good excuse to raise our taxes?

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#3 Nov 28, 2012
here we go again wrote:
In the village of Mastic Beach,hit hard by the storm, properties will be assessed on what exists as of Dec.31. But for homes outside the village that are assessed by the Town of Brookhaven, assessments will be as of March 1,2013.
This is from Newsday Nov 28.
Why is the village in such a rush to have this assessment done so fast before houses can be repaired? These properties will be assessed at a lower rate and the village will raise the taxes on all the other properties to make up the differences.
Why would the board vote to do this, could it that Gary Stiriz, Gail Cappiello and Bob Morrow all had damage to their properties down by the waterfront and want to be assessed at a lower rate?

Also the village has said that they are done with storm clean up,so if you have a mess in front of your house you are out of luck as far as they are concerned,so I would recommend that you call the village and tell them to do the job right.
As per Dan Panico, storm clean - up is NOT finished. At least that is what Mayor Biondi told him on the phone. You can read this on Dan's Facebook page; Dan Panico for Town Council.
just wondering

Shirley, NY

#4 Nov 28, 2012
MB Lifer - Anti_Village wrote:
<quoted text>
As per Dan Panico, storm clean - up is NOT finished. At least that is what Mayor Biondi told him on the phone. You can read this on Dan's Facebook page; Dan Panico for Town Council.
What does Panico have to do with the village clean-up?
My neighbor went to the workshop and told me that the mayor said that the village will extend the clean-up for two more weeks. And what are they doing with all the stuff that DHS dumped in the back of Smitty's?
He also told me that Carol is back and that she had hurt her back and was walking with a cane.

Mastic Beach

#5 Nov 29, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>What does Panico have to do with the village clean-up?
My neighbor went to the workshop and told me that the mayor said that the village will extend the clean-up for two more weeks. And what are they doing with all the stuff that DHS dumped in the back of Smitty's?
He also told me that Carol is back and that she had hurt her back and was walking with a cane.
He has nothing directly to do w the clean - up. He's been acting as a kind of liaison between MBV residents & our wonderful village officials. People have been turning to him w questions & problems & instead of telling people it's not my problem....go ask MBV officials...he's been asking the questions & getting & reporting answers. It's funny how stories change, Biondi told Dan that storm clean - up would continue until it was no longer needed. If you're on Facebook, a woman posted that question about storm clean - up about 2 or so weeks ago & it's posted under the tab "Posts by Others".
just wondering

Shirley, NY

#6 Dec 7, 2012
MB Lifer - Anti_Village wrote:
<quoted text>
He has nothing directly to do w the clean - up. He's been acting as a kind of liaison between MBV residents & our wonderful village officials. People have been turning to him w questions & problems & instead of telling people it's not my problem....go ask MBV officials...he's been asking the questions & getting & reporting answers. It's funny how stories change, Biondi told Dan that storm clean - up would continue until it was no longer needed. If you're on Facebook, a woman posted that question about storm clean - up about 2 or so weeks ago & it's posted under the tab "Posts by Others".
The way the village is talking they are done with the clean up and the rest is up to the homeowners. They say that if its not done code department will give thin a ticked.
I wonder if that would include Gary blocking of a street with all his boats and closing it down? Will he get a fine?
Brady

East Moriches, NY

#7 Dec 7, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>The way the village is talking they are done with the clean up and the rest is up to the homeowners. They say that if its not done code department will give thin a ticked.
I wonder if that would include Gary blocking of a street with all his boats and closing it down? Will he get a fine?
I think you know the answer!
Brady

East Moriches, NY

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Deputy Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>I guarantee that magnum brady p.i. knows the answer.
Yes I do! Operation clean sweep should start any day now.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

#11 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>right after Brady finishes cleaning Garys boots.
Do you have a foot fetish? And we should be getting our real estate tax bills this week.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

#13 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>No. That would be you Richard Brady, always under Garys desk polishing his boots.
by Richard, are you implying Dick? Because I hear all you mullet monkeys are into that. You have lied by claiming to be black, and you can never go back.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

#15 Dec 7, 2012
<quoted text>you keep claiming that I lie, but I ask you to post your e-mail address so I can send the proof and you remain silent. either post the address or STFU and go back to polishing Garys boots.
post my email address....you must be kidding.
agree

Manorville, NY

#16 Dec 7, 2012
I will supply Brady's polish and buffing rag but I cannot afford the upkeep of the constantly worn knee pads.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

#17 Dec 7, 2012
agree wrote:
I will supply Brady's polish and buffing rag but I cannot afford the upkeep of the constantly worn knee pads.
you can use the same polish on your bald head. Let's face facts, you want to see a change in MBV government , and so do I. I know who is going to run, but there is no point in spoiling their announcement.

Mastic Beach

#18 Dec 7, 2012
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>The way the village is talking they are done with the clean up and the rest is up to the homeowners. They say that if its not done code department will give thin a ticked.
That's what the village is telling us...yet when Dan Panico talked to Biondi...he told him a different story. We'll have to see which is the "real" story.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parts of private Cedar Beach accessible to public (Feb '09) 6 min Ms Kay 30
Is Betty the new Bruce? 2 hr The END is NEAR 43
hwy super is a rat and a thief 3 hr al s 1
Insula Dome Skylights going out of business? (Jul '11) 12 hr dennis 11
Village Considering Alternate Septic Systems 20 hr maintain 29
North Shore Beach Property Owners Association (May '14) Wed RussDWI 10
Does anyone remember.......... (Jan '11) Wed InoMine 76
More from around the web

Middle Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages