Cops: Man attacks woman he thought wa...

Cops: Man attacks woman he thought was a prostitute

There are 74 comments on the Newsday story from May 11, 2009, titled Cops: Man attacks woman he thought was a prostitute. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Middle Island man was arrested after he beat and robbed a woman when she informed him she was not a prostitute, state police said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

The Idaho Kid

Sioux City, IA

#42 May 11, 2009
All this kudu's over a blotched BJ
paul

Edison, NJ

#43 May 11, 2009
I don't have the slightest problem in reaching a decision in this case. Any male that would attack a female in such a brutal manner, whether or not he thinks she is a prostitute, deserves the thrashing of his life, several times a day for a week. I think the inmates in the general prison population, who have wives, daughters or girl friends, will see to it that he is properly "adjusted".
Banastre Tarleton

Brooklyn, NY

#44 May 11, 2009
Why don't they show a Photo of these two ?

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

#45 May 11, 2009
Dumb(victim) Dumber(assailant)
realist

Yonkers, NY

#46 May 11, 2009
She was definitely a prostitute, why would she get in the car in the first place. She didn't get her money and he stole from her and then beat her up. Then she got the cops to arrest the guy by saying that he just robbed her and beat her for declining sex.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#47 May 11, 2009
NICE STORY!!!!
John

Valley Stream, NY

#48 May 11, 2009
motleycrew wrote:
It really is a sad state of affairs when a woman cannot even walk down the street without being thought a prostitute. Obviously, she shouldn't have accepted a ride from someone she did not know, but come on, she got beat up and robbed for saying "no"? Geesh...
Like nearly everyone else on this board I agree that it was most definitely an incredibly stupid thing to do to get into a stranger's car who's offering to "drive-you-home."
However, I have to agree with your main point as well: it certainly says something about where our society is headed if someone immediately thinks that if a woman is walking down the street alone at night, then she must be a prostitute.
jimbo

AOL

#49 May 11, 2009
she must be one coyote ugly skank
DukeNukem

AOL

#50 May 11, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she was looking for a commitment from him!
That would scare a man away.
Banastre Tarleton

Brooklyn, NY

#51 May 11, 2009
Maybe she Barked and Growled at him !!
motleycrew

Milwaukee, WI

#52 May 11, 2009
Brooke wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she is a given being from riverhead...and ora sounds greek or russian to me. Also sounds like your dad.
Too bad there are no judgement icons saying "STUPID". Your statement would be framed in them.
iochill

Nyack, NY

#53 May 11, 2009
lemoine carter
Iola Boylan

Shirley, NY

#54 May 12, 2009
Brooke wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she is a given being from riverhead...and ora sounds greek or russian to me. Also sounds like your dad.
The freaks come out at night,I mean you not the presumed hooker.
Brooke

United States

#55 May 12, 2009
Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to know alot about dirty Ora and prostitutes,perhaps from experience?
Yes from experience with you and your mother. And your father taught me in grade school thank you for remembering.
Brooke

United States

#56 May 12, 2009
motleycrew wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad there are no judgement icons saying "STUPID". Your statement would be framed in them.
And I would love that icon.
Brooke

United States

#57 May 12, 2009
Iola Boylan wrote:
<quoted text>
The freaks come out at night,I mean you not the presumed hooker.
You would know since that's all that resides in central islip.
Beth Page

Bellmore, NY

#58 May 12, 2009
Brooke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes from experience with you and your mother. And your father taught me in grade school thank you for remembering.
Is this your best shot?? Really is this the best you can do simpleton?

Are you capable of holding a intelligent conversation,or is it a slow day at McDonalds?
Brooke

United States

#59 May 12, 2009
Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your best shot?? Really is this the best you can do simpleton?
Are you capable of holding a intelligent conversation,or is it a slow day at McDonalds?
I'm sorry if the truth offends you. And I could give you some free fries if you'd like. Let me email you a coupon.
Maxwell

Andover, NJ

#61 May 12, 2009
What was the 26 year old woman wearing that would indicate Prostitute?
DUH

AOL

#63 May 12, 2009
Maxwell wrote:
What was the 26 year old woman wearing that would indicate Prostitute?
nothing but a gownless evening strap

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 7 hr PalominoLove 563
Lets play what has Gary lied about! (Mar '13) 23 hr Bruce Aholeisious 101
News Long Island school leaders predict budget appro... Thu abcdefg 1
News Twist in Tom Croci's path to war zone May 25 Go to HELL 2
News Mineola man missing after he took wife to LIRR ... May 19 Boobee1212 1
Public Safety SCCC Selden (Oct '16) May 18 Student 14
News YOUR COMMUNITY WATCHDOG: Debating the safety of... (Jan '08) May 18 Norman Snead 73

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages