Cops: Man attacks woman he thought wa...

Cops: Man attacks woman he thought was a prostitute

There are 74 comments on the Newsday story from May 11, 2009, titled Cops: Man attacks woman he thought was a prostitute. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Middle Island man was arrested after he beat and robbed a woman when she informed him she was not a prostitute, state police said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Beth Page

Bellmore, NY

#22 May 11, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
If she did in fact get into the car, my guess is she IS a pro, and things didn't work out the way she wanted. Why would a non-pro get into a strangers car?
True mabey not,but it still does not give him the right to beat her up.

He sounds like a man who wears pants out side the home,and a skirt inside the home compinsating for his submissive life.Or I could be reading to much into it.
Tink

Hicksville, NY

#23 May 11, 2009
belk wrote:
She probably is a prostitute. Since he beat her she didn't want the cops to know the truth. Why else would she get in the car.
In case you haven't noticed, alot of women on Long Island aren't too smart. Many of them have head injuries from being abused also.
Slim

United States

#24 May 11, 2009
whitey wrote:
I love black hookers
And I love your mom for the same reasons.
Tink

Hicksville, NY

#25 May 11, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
If she did in fact get into the car, my guess is she IS a pro, and things didn't work out the way she wanted. Why would a non-pro get into a strangers car?
maybe she needed a ride and was tired of the bus. Somebody should tell her: those days are long over, when friendly neighbors gave rides. Also the days when you could meet a nice guy that way.
Brooke

United States

#26 May 11, 2009
He had a dirty ora. She was a prostitute...who would get into some dude's car out in riverhead?
Brooke

United States

#27 May 11, 2009
Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read the story on line,where does it say this woman was black? Were there pictures on the story you read?
What do you mean don't "blacks" teach their children basics?
Was this a woman,or a child?* Answer* It was a woman capable of making her own decision regardless of how she was raised.
How about placing some blame on the perv who wanted to pick up a hooker before he went home to his wife?
BTW what was the race of the perv? You left that out.
Well she is a given being from riverhead...and ora sounds greek or russian to me. Also sounds like your dad.
how dumb can you get

Amityville, NY

#28 May 11, 2009
ok, so she accepted a ride from this stranger? not that this excuses him from his incredibly horrible actions, but one shouldn't allow oneself to get into a situation like that! i thought we all kind of knew this?
LI Raised

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 May 11, 2009
Is West Main Street in Riverhead known to be a place to pick up prostitutes? If so, then there is more to this story than what is being told. If not, then this girl is not too smart getting in a car with strangers.

Regardless,this guy needs to be locked up and see how tough he is in jail.
Mathew

AOL

#30 May 11, 2009
Poor girl .
jaz33063

Boca Raton, FL

#31 May 11, 2009
Didn't her mother ever tell her not to go with strangers?
Beth Page

Bellmore, NY

#32 May 11, 2009
Brooke wrote:
<quoted text>
Well she is a given being from riverhead...and ora sounds greek or russian to me. Also sounds like your dad.
I was wondering how long it would take for the low lifes (you) to come out with the name calling,let me guess you can not hold a intelligent conversation and name calling is all you can do with your grade school education?

Do the decent people a favor and go crawl in your dog house,and come out when you can conduct yourself like a intelligent person.
Beth Page

Bellmore, NY

#33 May 11, 2009
Brooke wrote:
He had a dirty ora. She was a prostitute...who would get into some dude's car out in riverhead?
You seem to know alot about dirty Ora and prostitutes,perhaps from experience?
telle

Nyack, NY

#34 May 11, 2009
what a pair of idiots

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#35 May 11, 2009
Beth Page wrote:
<quoted text>
True mabey not,but it still does not give him the right to beat her up.
He sounds like a man who wears pants out side the home,and a skirt inside the home compinsating for his submissive life.Or I could be reading to much into it.
I am in NO WAY saying it was ok for him, or any guy, to do that. Didn't mean to imply that.
Jim

AOL

#36 May 11, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
Hey Harley, unless she was thinking about turning pro and changed her mind because she didn't like who drafted her!
DukeNukem

AOL

#37 May 11, 2009
I guess he wanted more from her.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#38 May 11, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Harley, unless she was thinking about turning pro and changed her mind because she didn't like who drafted her!
LOL Hopefully she didn't sign with an agent, so she can compete in college.....LOL
Jim

AOL

#39 May 11, 2009
DukeNukem wrote:
I guess he wanted more from her.
Perhaps she was looking for a commitment from him!
Lauren

Floral Park, NY

#40 May 11, 2009
Why would he think she was a
prostitute?? I would love to know
what she was wearing!
Banastre Tarleton

Brooklyn, NY

#41 May 11, 2009
Sounds like a promise of something, gone bad ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) 17 hr Sweet 35
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Nov 16 ralf 13
horse boarding (Jan '13) Nov 15 Thomas k 65
Murder In Bonnieville Nov 14 whodunit 1
Vick Zeelany Nov 13 Nick_The_Dick 3
Review: Kimberly Purkess-Virga Nov 12 KIMBERLY PURKESS ... 1
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) Nov 11 Fairfield propert... 16

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance