As LI economy slides, the newly poor ...

As LI economy slides, the newly poor seek assistance

There are 103 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 16, 2008, titled As LI economy slides, the newly poor seek assistance. In it, Newsday reports that:

Long Island last month saw sharp increases in applications for government assistance and a surge of people seeking food from overwhelmed charity providers, developments that county officials and economists ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Michael Upper Echelon

West Milford, NJ

#104 Feb 24, 2008
right there are no poor in the midwest; your mortgage is $600 a month; whats your income?- LOSER
annie

Eastport, NY

#105 Feb 25, 2008
long island needs affordable housing and cutting taxes and needs to cut those high salaries in adminstration now. The poor and middle class do have a right for a place to live not everyone makes $100,000. If government doesn't help long island is going to empty.
Welfare Momma

United States

#106 Feb 25, 2008
Well, well, well, now they after welfare momma's welfare. Ive been on welfare my hole life. where were these people years ago. they had jobs they shuld have saved money. inever worked. i did read the article and they say that unen...unemp...unimploy...peop le without jobs is at 3.8%. How much lower can that go. itll never be at zero thanks to welfare momma!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Genealogy and DNA tests. (Feb '16) 7 hr joanNYadoptees 2
Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents and siblings Re... (Dec '13) 7 hr joanNYadoptees 9
For biological parents who relinquished children. (May '17) 7 hr joanNYadoptees 2
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) Sun Happy owner 41
News DA: Port Jefferson woman gave pot brownie to 4-... Sun Lucy lou 1
News Sayville food pantry waiting on Islip Town to m... Apr 20 Baby Tom Risley 77
leslie paul bernstein (Sep '11) Apr 19 MEL COHEN USAF 2

Middle Island Jobs

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages