One Middle Island family works things out -
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.
#1 Nov 11, 2007
There are many reasons for the high cost of living in LI. Not the least of which is high taxes. The taxes go to support overpaid public employees and deadbeats dependant on Government entitlement programs.
If you want things to improve several things must happen. These include
1) The closing of our borders,
2) The enforcement of our immigration laws,
3) Fining employers who knowingly hire illegal criminal aliens (if they are here illegally, they are criminal illegal aliens NOT undocumented workers),
4) Elimination of all health benefits, tuition benefits and all other freebies given to illegal criminal aliens,
5) Bringing our troops home (no more foreign entanglements)
6) The repeal of NAFTA,
7) A severe curtailment of entitlement programs for American citizens. People who can work need to work. There are far too many able bodied Americans on disability that are bleeding the taxpayers dry. Ask any cop when the drugs are bought and the answer will commonly be “shortly after the government checks arrive in the mail”
Please note not all on disability are deadbeats and not all those participating in entitlement program are deadbeats. However, a large percentage of the people on disability and entitlement programs are capable of working but refuse to do so.
#2 Nov 11, 2007
Litton Loan servicing sucks! The "servicing" of my old mortgage (not a sub prime, excellent credit, closed with my own bank just to avoid having to deal with third party servicing) was transferred to Litton after I closed with my bank, it was down hill from there! Banks do this all the time these days... anything to save a buck! Their (Litton) customer service sucks... "Please leave a message and someone will get back to you within 72 hours!" No reply, no answers... I got the impression they were a Mom and Pop outfit working out of a mailboxs Plus address!
The escrow was always a mess... I finally refi'd the loan just to get away from them, and stopped doing business and closed my accounts with the bank that had transferred me to them!
I have no doubt these poor folks went through hell with Litton, but it's not a surprise they changed they're toon when the media got involved. My advice is that ANYONE with Litton, if you have a problem, contact the NYS Banking department immediately and make a complaint!
#3 Nov 12, 2007
Hmmm??? The Schell's credit rating mysteriously dropped. Some vague reference to identity theft. Something sounds fishy. Pay your bills Mr & Ms Schell! Oh and by the way, great decision on smoking -- now you've got throat cancer. Are you still smoking (at $4+ per pack)?
Add your comments below
|horse boarding (Jan '13)||1 hr||Curious||46|
|S Prestano Bakery||1 hr||Julia||32|
|A holes not in charge of village, no tickets at...||Sep 19||mbisgreat||16|
|Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15)||Sep 14||Former Resident||33|
|Farmingville, NY (Jul '10)||Sep 14||SmokinJoe||37|
|Seattle's mayor resigns after 5th sex abuse cla...||Sep 14||MR EMMETT TILL.||20|
|Fifth man's charges of abuse lead Seattle mayor...||Sep 14||Carver||13|
Find what you want!
Search Middle Island Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC