Why are village employees getting big raises?

Posted in the Middle Island Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2013
It really upset me to hear that we have given the husband and wife team who works for the village raises. both of them have been given a raise. why? every other municipality has been cutting back/ laying off and we are giving raises. their combined salary now reaches just about $200,000.00 of our tax dollars. this is ludicrous. the mbvec's entire budget plan was to have been five hundred thousand.

ask why. why the raises. why the secrecy again
OMG

Mastic, NY

#2 Jan 24, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
It really upset me to hear that we have given the husband and wife team who works for the village raises. both of them have been given a raise. why? every other municipality has been cutting back/ laying off and we are giving raises. their combined salary now reaches just about $200,000.00 of our tax dollars. this is ludicrous. the mbvec's entire budget plan was to have been five hundred thousand.
ask why. why the raises. why the secrecy again
I don't know who the hell you talk to but they DID NOT get raises nor do they make anywhere near 200,000. So get your oar out of the cespool and stop stirring up things.
Deputy Mayor McCheese

Kuwait, Kuwait

#3 Jan 24, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who the hell you talk to but they DID NOT get raises nor do they make anywhere near 200,000.
I went to the village website to view the minutes of the meeting transcripts to see if this was discussed.

Funny thing is the meeting minutes website page hasnt been updated since 24 October 2012.
OMG wrote:
<quoted text> So get your oar out of the cespool and stop stirring up things.
About a year ago, it was brought up that Deputy Mayor McCheese(Gary, not me), was trying to ramrod a variance for a mobile phone tower on his property through the back door.

Our very own Topix Magnum Brady P.I. had the same reaction about things like that not being tru and to stop stirring the pot.

Funny thing is, that it turned out to be true and our own P.I. who is on Garys payroll as his official boot polisher was wrong once again.
Quick question

Mastic Beach, NY

#4 Jan 24, 2013
I was waiting for a answer to my other post. See you are in Kuwait can you vote from there? Your vote counts we need everyone to show up.
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#5 Jan 24, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who the hell you talk to but they DID NOT get raises nor do they make anywhere near 200,000. So get your oar out of the cespool and stop stirring up things.
maybe you should get a copy of the meeting minutes online. oh, i forgot, they are three months behind. you can go to village hall and ask to see a copy of the budget. oh, but wait, this increase was not in the budget.

maybe you should just ask the mayor.
beach lover

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#6 Jan 25, 2013
Those two did get a raise. They are now making almost $200,000.00 per year. You can deny it all you want. It is a public record. You can go find out for yourself if you don't believe it. Also I would like to know if anyone has the answer to why people are still waiting for the ok to rebuild their homes because the inspection by the village still hasn't been done. For my money, I'd like a real worker, not a real talker.
Humpty Dumpty must go

Mastic Beach, NY

#7 Jan 25, 2013
beach lover wrote:
Those two did get a raise. They are now making almost $200,000.00 per year. You can deny it all you want. It is a public record. You can go find out for yourself if you don't believe it. Also I would like to know if anyone has the answer to why people are still waiting for the ok to rebuild their homes because the inspection by the village still hasn't been done. For my money, I'd like a real worker, not a real talker.
Yes this guy is a waste, all talk.
He has three jobs and can't do anything right,and when he goes he can take Gary's family member with him.
AGREE

Shirley, NY

#8 Jan 25, 2013
I also agree that I want to see him fired.There are so many slum houses that he knows about and is walking around with blindfolders on.He is a very incompetent for his position.
beach lover

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#9 Jan 26, 2013
i cant make the next meeting, but i would love for someone to ask them to show you where, in their budget they allow for raises; and why are they giving raises in the first place. most of us haven't had a raise since the recession began.
Pariah

Shirley, NY

#10 Jan 26, 2013
beach lover wrote:
Those two did get a raise. They are now making almost $200,000.00 per year. You can deny it all you want. It is a public record. You can go find out for yourself if you don't believe it. Also I would like to know if anyone has the answer to why people are still waiting for the ok to rebuild their homes because the inspection by the village still hasn't been done. For my money, I'd like a real worker, not a real talker.
Don't just make statements. If you have proof, post it such as a link we can all view. Don't expect us to take your "word" for it. In other words, put up or shut up!
Whitt

Mastic Beach, NY

#11 Jan 26, 2013
Pariah wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't just make statements. If you have proof, post it such as a link we can all view. Don't expect us to take your "word" for it. In other words, put up or shut up!
we can't post a link. The village REFUSES to release the information on these things. If the village will post the minutes of the meetings, I will glady post the link. It will be www.masticbeachvillage.com .
Ok?
When they finally tell the truth, you can finally see for yourself. They are making close to 200,000 grand. No lie.
Evan Politico

Brentwood, NY

#12 Jan 27, 2013
I gotz a big raize in my shortz Yo!
Yeah

Kuwait, Kuwait

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Evan Politico wrote:
I gotz a big raize in my shortz Yo!
Only because Gary has his hand up in them.
Marvin

Mastic, NY

#14 Jan 27, 2013
You have to pay fat boy and his bride big bucks they both know where the bones are stored. And what Gary has been up to.It's called insurance.
beach lover

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Pariah wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't just make statements. If you have proof, post it such as a link we can all view. Don't expect us to take your "word" for it. In other words, put up or shut up!
you should go to the next village meeting and ask. the meeting minutes are from october. this raise was given in january. you should ask why the raise? why aren't the minutes ever up to date. and don't let them tell you that you have to wait a month so they can approve the minutes. they can approve the minutes at the work session and then post them within a week.
OMG

Patchogue, NY

#16 Jan 27, 2013
beach lover wrote:
<quoted text>you should go to the next village meeting and ask. the meeting minutes are from october. this raise was given in january. you should ask why the raise? why aren't the minutes ever up to date. and don't let them tell you that you have to wait a month so they can approve the minutes. they can approve the minutes at the work session and then post them within a week.
The minutes have been updated . There is nothing in them about a raise.
Do not worry

White Plains, NY

#17 Jan 27, 2013
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
The minutes have been updated . There is nothing in them about a raise.
It would have been done in January at the executive session so you would not see it in the minutes.
Huh

Mastic Beach, NY

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Why are they always going into executive session what are they hiding from us? Lawsuits, raises, term extensions, waterfront development and no bid contracts to family members. That's what.
Deputy Mayor McCheese

Kuwait, Kuwait

#19 Jan 27, 2013
Do not worry wrote:
<quoted text>It would have been done in January at the executive session so you would not see it in the minutes.
So that means according to MBV schedule, it wont be public on the village website for about another three months.
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#20 Jan 27, 2013
Deputy Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>So that means according to MBV schedule, it wont be public on the village website for about another three months.
it will never be on the village website. they print the minutes according to themselves. minutes of meetings are supposed to be exact. they paraphrase the minutes. that is not right. mbv does what they want. i would like to minutes to reflect what was actually said at the meeting. an example is that it states that betty manzella was opposed to the term limits. she went postal. she said alot more than that. ditto with everyone else who spoke at the meeting. it is a very watered down version of the meeting. get a real stenographer to take the minutes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man injured in Mastic shooting (Sep '10) 2 hr riddler 26
Trustee Summa and Spery Quotes 5 hr hoodo 11
4 years later ? Wed False accusations 56
Slime Bags (May '12) Oct 22 Busted 12
Gay Friendly Sayville? Oct 21 Gayville 3
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) Oct 21 Joey 209
Next up for Roy Rogers site: White Castle? (Dec '10) Oct 20 Socwkmom 320

Middle Island News Video

Middle Island Dating
Find my Match

Middle Island Jobs

Middle Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Middle Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Middle Island

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]