Speonk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Judged:

something as to be done in Middle Island, its disgusting the way middle country road loooks like, there is no life here and its becoming much worse !! WHY NOTHING ITS BE DONE ABOUT THIS TOWN?? I AM SO SORRY I LEFT MY BEUTIFULL NASSAU!
anna

Speonk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

Lulu u are so right! Middle Island its becoming so bad, many spanish ppl so little places to shop and we have so much land! Something as to be done about this town, anybody in this forum can tell us why Middle Island look so dull? and can something can be done about it? Thank you
Rocky Pointer

Hampton Bays, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2009

I think a big part of the problem is that Middle Island is sparsely populated in comparison to the North Shore and areas to the West. There is also an enormous amount of property that is preserved and thus unable to be developed. Another issue is that Middle Country Road is no longer a main corridor once it crosses North Ocean Avenue, in other words, it is not the main route for people heading to points east. I believe Councilwoman Kepert is trying to create a downtown center at the intersection of Rocky Point-Yaphank Road and Middle Country; this will hopefully get a jump start once the old Lumber yard is redeveloped. This is just a question out of my own curiousity, how much shopping do you do in Rocky Point? I find it interesting that the preserve seems to seperate our two communities and most people I know don't do much shopping in Middle Island. I think the reason is that the expanse of woods makes the distance seem longer that it actually is.
joanna

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

I they open store here in middle island i my self and i know of many others like me we will shop locally...we will give business to our town but they are talking for years now...but no actions! its is time to do something....we need departament stores, a stop & shop food store...we need everthing here, we can clean up this town , YES WE CAN!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middle Island Discussions

Search the Middle Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook Page 1 hr Yes Maura Won 93
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr positronium 6,193
Where is hoodo ? you missed me 13 hr Naw 10
MBV to Honor Evan Politico 14 hr Badtothebones Mom 26
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Sun positronium 6,290
We the People Sat To Maura 6
Question Sat MB Resident 3
•••
•••

Middle Island News Video

•••
•••

Middle Island Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Middle Island People Search