violet cove sold, the new dollar store
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fool me once

White Plains, NY

#41 May 16, 2013
Typically Uninformed wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunkin Donuts has not even received final approval from the planning Board, and building can't begin until that happens.
The cesspools you so incorrectly described, are storm drains. Stop spreading misinformation, and get your facts straight before commenting on topix like your some kind of expert.
the property that is being cleared and built on is not the same property that is going to be dunkin donuts. the corner property is going to be dunkin donuts. the other lot is going to be a parking lot
Godzilla at Section One

Mastic Beach, NY

#42 May 16, 2013
This news has been stated so many times you have to wonder if the people who keep saying its going to be DD are lying. What else are they lying about? Are they lying about code guys staking out mbpoa docks, or workers taking 4 hours to do street repairs, or taxes going up, seems like they have an agenda.
marvin

Amityville, NY

#43 May 16, 2013
have you seen Gary's crack road crew dribleing tar on the cracks in the roads. Really are you kidding me. we are paying good money for this crap and Gary's relitive gets $47.000 a year to work on this crew (part time) it's good to be related to the fat man.
Godzilla at Section One

Mastic Beach, NY

#44 May 16, 2013
marvin wrote:
have you seen Gary's crack road crew dribleing tar on the cracks in the roads. Really are you kidding me. we are paying good money for this crap and Gary's relitive gets $47.000 a year to work on this crew (part time) it's good to be related to the fat man.
$47,000 buys a lot of dictionaries.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

#45 May 16, 2013
Godzilla at Section One wrote:
This news has been stated so many times you have to wonder if the people who keep saying its going to be DD are lying. What else are they lying about? Are they lying about code guys staking out mbpoa docks, or workers taking 4 hours to do street repairs, or taxes going up, seems like they have an agenda.
i don't think people are lying. i think it is confusing. people are not aware that there are two different pieces of property involved. they are right next to each other; so it is easy to mistake them. the one with dunkin donuts (the corner) is part of the village. the one on landau place is the parking lot and it belongs to the town (not the village).

stop making everything about the mbpoa. this has absolutely nothing to do with them. this is involving two government entities. and, by the way the code guys are always staking out the docks. that is true.
Godzilla at Section One

Mastic Beach, NY

#46 May 16, 2013
fool me once wrote:
<quoted text>i don't think people are lying. i think it is confusing. people are not aware that there are two different pieces of property involved. they are right next to each other; so it is easy to mistake them. the one with dunkin donuts (the corner) is part of the village. the one on landau place is the parking lot and it belongs to the town (not the village).
stop making everything about the mbpoa. this has absolutely nothing to do with them. this is involving two government entities. and, by the way the code guys are always staking out the docks. that is true.
Thans for clearing that up Mothra S.
Godzilla

Mastic Beach, NY

#47 May 18, 2013
Godzilla at Section One wrote:
<quoted text>Thans for clearing that up Mothra S.
saw many houses being listed for sale which were below Elm and near the water. Buyer beware, flood damage cosmetic repairs will have rotting wires and foundation too low to get flood insurance. I would also check with the village to see if the address was flooded.
Duh

Shirley, NY

#48 May 18, 2013
Godzilla wrote:
<quoted text>saw many houses being listed for sale which were below Elm and near the water. Buyer beware, flood damage cosmetic repairs will have rotting wires and foundation too low to get flood insurance. I would also check with the village to see if the address was flooded.
Why because the home buyers are too stupid to know they are buying in a flood zone? Think again genius, who do you think is buying them?- landlords are buying them up for a song spending $10 -$20 thousand doing electric, new insulation getting a MBV rental permit and putting in another government subsidized tenant. The raised cost of flood insurance is just the price of doing business. You get a three bedroom for between $75-$100K and DSS will go over $2,000. a month for the rent. Nice return on the dollar sure beats the stock market or a CD. What is the villages plan to stem the tide of these increased amount of rentals? Beyond rental permits, which do not seem to deter the landlords one bit.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#49 May 18, 2013
The risk to live by the water is too great unless the house is raised. I agree with Godzilla. The house better be all cash because no mortgage will be given without flood and homeowners insurance.
I hope the village proposes instituting a higher rental permit fee, as other municipalities are doing. You think it's the village's fault for rentals, they were here when Brookhaven was in charge.
Boo hoo

East Moriches, NY

#50 May 18, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why because the home buyers are too stupid to know they are buying in a flood zone? Think again genius, who do you think is buying them?- landlords are buying them up for a song spending $10 -$20 thousand doing electric, new insulation getting a MBV rental permit and putting in another government subsidized tenant. The raised cost of flood insurance is just the price of doing business. You get a three bedroom for between $75-$100K and DSS will go over $2,000. a month for the rent. Nice return on the dollar sure beats the stock market or a CD. What is the villages plan to stem the tide of these increased amount of rentals? Beyond rental permits, which do not seem to deter the landlords one bit.
much like everything else, the village has no plans for this. I'm actually going to do this soon. The village has shown that they endorse this because they can get a few hundred for the permits and fees. Same old but with Gary's family making more then before.
Duh

Shirley, NY

#51 May 18, 2013
Brady wrote:
The risk to live by the water is too great unless the house is raised. I agree with Godzilla. The house better be all cash because no mortgage will be given without flood and homeowners insurance.
I hope the village proposes instituting a higher rental permit fee, as other municipalities are doing. You think it's the village's fault for rentals, they were here when Brookhaven was in charge.
Yes they were supposed to "clean up the mess" and get rid of the crappy rentals.
Mickey Mouse I vote

West Babylon, NY

#52 May 19, 2013
Don't Sell to the landlords just hag in there Gary has a new plan to fill in the bay.
Good Rule

Lindenhurst, NY

#53 May 21, 2013
Typically Uninformed wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunkin Donuts has not even received final approval from the planning Board, and building can't begin until that happens.
The cesspools you so incorrectly described, are storm drains. Stop spreading misinformation, and get your facts straight before commenting on topix like your some kind of expert.
Actually the comment on the cesspools was in response to someone else's post + yes I do have it on good authority that it is going to be a Dunken Donuts. So stop spreading misinformation, and get your facts straight before commenting on topix like your some kind of expert.
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#54 May 21, 2013
Good Rule wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the comment on the cesspools was in response to someone else's post + yes I do have it on good authority that it is going to be a Dunken Donuts. So stop spreading misinformation, and get your facts straight before commenting on topix like your some kind of expert.
A DD is being contemplated for the lot which is on the corner but it has not been approved. You can say as often as you like that the cesspools are for the DD, but you are wrong. It is a town of Brookhaven municipal parking lot.
village savant

Bronx, NY

#55 May 21, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>A DD is being contemplated for the lot which is on the corner but it has not been approved. You can say as often as you like that the cesspools are for the DD, but you are wrong. It is a town of Brookhaven municipal parking lot.
why would a parking lot need a foundation?
it's obviously not a parking lot.
Brady

Hartsdale, NY

#56 May 21, 2013
It is a parking lot for Gary's new Tanks he ordered for the village Army AKA Code Enforcement Dummys
Brady

Mastic Beach, NY

#57 May 23, 2013
Brady wrote:
It is a parking lot for Gary's new Tanks he ordered for the village Army AKA Code Enforcement Dummys
Hey, Evan mas in MB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
piece of shitt SPERY 21 hr Aramis lounge bar... 67
mastic village being dissolved Jul 25 Scum bags 105
Hookups in sayville Jul 22 sayville16 1
petition to disolve the village of mastic beach... (Dec '10) Jul 22 11951Ratdog 202
Squatters and high grass Jul 19 Really dumb 43
Painters is back! (Oct '13) Jul 15 Rusty 4
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... (Apr '15) Jul 15 Dissolve 209

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages