Massapequa man dies in Middle Island crash

There are 18 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 20, 2008, titled Massapequa man dies in Middle Island crash. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Massapequa man died yesterday when his 2007 Pontiac strayed off East Barlett Road in Middle Island at 4:35 a.m., hitting a fence before slamming into a tree, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

joci

New Rochelle, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2008
i will miss you so much
Friend of Steve Harris

Carrollton, GA

#3 Jul 21, 2008
Man, have some damn respect.
RIP Steve, We miss you!
Benny

New Rochelle, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2008
R.I.P

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 21, 2008
This happened to a 20 year old at 4:35AM. I'm sure he wasn't speeding or drinking before this happened. I think he was just trying to get to church early.

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 21, 2008
Police don't know what happened? It's quite obvious what happened. Gimme a break.
sam

Yorktown Heights, NY

#9 Jul 21, 2008
Probably swerved to miss a deer or bunch of loose dogs running in a pack as many of us who live out this way have seen. When you are from Western Suffolk, you don't think of these things if you aren't out here that much.
unknown

New York, NY

#10 Jul 21, 2008
what the hell was he doing out driving early in the morning hours. he must have fallen alseep behind the wheel
Alon

Bronx, NY

#12 Jul 21, 2008
Rest in peace Stevie...i miss you soo much man.
aol

AOL

#13 Jul 21, 2008
did he graduate from massapequa high school
melissa

Freeport, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2008
aol wrote:
did he graduate from massapequa high school
no.
Evan

South Amboy, NJ

#15 Jul 21, 2008
Shame on those who posted negative comments in this column. This is a sad and tragic event regardless of the cause. A human being died. Parents lost a child. Friends lost a friend.

Shame on Topix for publishing them as well.
Friend of the Family

Suffern, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2008
God bless you Steven. Your Mom was so proud of you. May God be with her and your family during this time of suffering.

Shame on all of you who post your disgusting comments here. Obviously you have never lost a family member or friend. Try a little compassion. Try to act like a human being. I agree with Evan, shame on you Topix for allowing this kind of hurtful garbage. I wonder if there is a lawsuit for defamation of character or mental anguish. It offends me as a family friend.

Steven be at peace in heaven.
First responder

Trenton, NJ

#18 Jul 23, 2008
Very tragic , sorry for the family and friend loss, loosing him is terrible but maybe some good can come out of it hopfully , to his friends slow down life is not going anywhere , speed was an issue, u could here him coming and tires squeeling around the turn , and please wear your seat belt , might have helped save him , have seen many accidents on this road,live there, ones wearing seat belt always seem to make it out , without not much of a chance
Resident

Trenton, NJ

#19 Jul 23, 2008
Tragic story , maybe one day the Town of Brookhaven will try to fix E bartlett rd , Try a stop sign along the roadway slow down drivers, record number of accidents here in front of my house narrow winding road with trees within a foot or so of roadway, how many will there be .... speed is an issue , but the terrible roadway and blind turn around this conner need to be fixed. its not a hard fix, I build roads for a living .. do something
LeeAnne

West Islip, NY

#20 Jul 23, 2008
glad i left long island wrote:
were there skid marks in his underwear too?.....sorry i just had to do it
You're a peice of shit who should have been in that car instead.
A Family Member

Lansing, MI

#21 Aug 15, 2008
I am appalled by some of these inappropriate comments some people have left! Have some respect! We love you Steven!
Your Cousin Amanda

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Nov 11, 2008
Steven I miss You Man. Love You So Much, I cant Believe Your Gone Outta My Life Why ? And For All You wack People Who Posted Negative Comments Wow You Have No clue What Your Talking About Okay. I love You Cuz Rest In Peace <3
Your Cousin Amanda

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Nov 11, 2008
& Why Would You People Right Negative Comments... I guess You Never Lost A family Member in Your Life Then, Or Your Just Plan Cold hader. Your A disgrace. Rest In Peace Cuz <3 i LOVE YOU SO MUCH. The Hole Family Misses You & Your Friends too [[Alonso]]Your best <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congratulations Mr. Daly 4 min hodoo 27
Memorial Day 7 hr C Brooks 19
Go Mastic Beach Advocate!!! 14 hr hodoo 39
Betty, Betty, Betty 23 hr hodoo 25
What is the story behind the real suicides of H... (Jun '07) Tue Steve o 33
Main Street MBV May 24 hodoo 11
Betty I thought you were conservative? May 24 Whaaaaaaaat 43
More from around the web

Middle Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE