Pedestrian killed in Middle Island identified

Full story: Newsday

A woman who died after she was run over by a car in Middle Island was identified yesterday as a former Coram elementary schoolteacher on her way home from church, Suffolk police and her pastor said.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated May 27, 2008
The Dunns

Stormville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

As part of the community in Middle Island, our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the family and friends of Diane. Although it is hard for us, she is now in paradise with the Lord.

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
Angel

Remsenburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

My prayers to both of those who were involved in this horrible event and that the lord may give Erma peace of her hard troubles yet to come and that god will make Diane an angel.
amazed

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Running Triz wrote:
These women should not even be allowed on Long Island's roadways. They cause tragedy behind the wheel as well as walking on the road. Keep them in the Kitchen and if they want a ring from you tell them there is one around the toilet, now go clean it
How frightening how sick you are. You need immediate help and do yourself a favor as well as the rest of civilized society and run and find some.
angela

East Setauket, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2008

May Jesus be with the school teacher who was killed that day. I've known Erma for 10 years now. I don't know of a more committed, devoted, wife,mother, and grandmother in the Rocky Point community, than she. May the Lord bless, and keep both of them, Erma, and the victim of that horrible accident, in His tender care. I love you Erma.
Cornholio

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

Why do people insist on walking in the roadway? Sidewalks are for people and if you must walk in the road, do it facing traffic. All the people who get hit by cars have done it all on their own. The penalty can be death.
micky62

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2008

Kind of ironic that elementary teachers teach kids how to cross the street.
grow up

Franklin Lakes, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

micky62 wrote:
Kind of ironic that elementary teachers teach kids how to cross the street.
How pathetic
grow up

Franklin Lakes, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2008

My sympathy to the family
FYI

Harrison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2008

Cornholio wrote:
Why do people insist on walking in the roadway? Sidewalks are for people and if you must walk in the road, do it facing traffic. All the people who get hit by cars have done it all on their own. The penalty can be death.
Just so u know there was no sidewalk and she was facing traffic according to witnesses.How dare u say that it is the fault of all pedestrians !! This was a horrific accident and the town needs to make a better effort to make it safer for pedestrians. My heart goes out to the family of the victim, the driver and her family.
GTO

East Setauket, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

welcome to longwood

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middle Island Discussions

Search the Middle Island Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MBV to Honor Evan Politico (Dec '13) 2 hr Incompetence 34
Waterfront Planning Survey 4 hr wake up 4
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr positronium 6,343
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
Trial begins in Coram chopped-up bodies case (Nov '09) 16 hr Bernard colletti 49
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Sham Hannuty 16,777
Boycott the Issues with MBV Facebook Page Jul 22 wake up 175
•••
•••

Middle Island News Video

•••
•••

Middle Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Middle Island People Search