Pedestrian killed in Middle Island id...

Pedestrian killed in Middle Island identified

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Pedestrian killed in Middle Island identified. In it, Newsday reports that:

A woman who died after she was run over by a car in Middle Island was identified yesterday as a former Coram elementary schoolteacher on her way home from church, Suffolk police and her pastor said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

The Dunns

Stormville, NY

#1 Mar 7, 2008
As part of the community in Middle Island, our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the family and friends of Diane. Although it is hard for us, she is now in paradise with the Lord.

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
Angel

Lindenhurst, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2008
My prayers to both of those who were involved in this horrible event and that the lord may give Erma peace of her hard troubles yet to come and that god will make Diane an angel.
amazed

AOL

#4 Mar 8, 2008
Running Triz wrote:
These women should not even be allowed on Long Island's roadways. They cause tragedy behind the wheel as well as walking on the road. Keep them in the Kitchen and if they want a ring from you tell them there is one around the toilet, now go clean it
How frightening how sick you are. You need immediate help and do yourself a favor as well as the rest of civilized society and run and find some.
angela

Stony Brook, NY

#5 Mar 12, 2008
May Jesus be with the school teacher who was killed that day. I've known Erma for 10 years now. I don't know of a more committed, devoted, wife,mother, and grandmother in the Rocky Point community, than she. May the Lord bless, and keep both of them, Erma, and the victim of that horrible accident, in His tender care. I love you Erma.
Cornholio

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2008
Why do people insist on walking in the roadway? Sidewalks are for people and if you must walk in the road, do it facing traffic. All the people who get hit by cars have done it all on their own. The penalty can be death.
micky62

Bronx, NY

#7 Mar 20, 2008
Kind of ironic that elementary teachers teach kids how to cross the street.
grow up

Franklin Lakes, NJ

#8 Apr 6, 2008
micky62 wrote:
Kind of ironic that elementary teachers teach kids how to cross the street.
How pathetic
grow up

Franklin Lakes, NJ

#9 Apr 6, 2008
My sympathy to the family
FYI

Morton, PA

#10 May 21, 2008
Cornholio wrote:
Why do people insist on walking in the roadway? Sidewalks are for people and if you must walk in the road, do it facing traffic. All the people who get hit by cars have done it all on their own. The penalty can be death.
Just so u know there was no sidewalk and she was facing traffic according to witnesses.How dare u say that it is the fault of all pedestrians !! This was a horrific accident and the town needs to make a better effort to make it safer for pedestrians. My heart goes out to the family of the victim, the driver and her family.
GTO

Stony Brook, NY

#11 May 27, 2008
welcome to longwood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Thu ralf 13
horse boarding (Jan '13) Nov 15 Thomas k 65
Murder In Bonnieville Nov 14 whodunit 1
Vick Zeelany Nov 13 Nick_The_Dick 3
Review: Kimberly Purkess-Virga Nov 12 KIMBERLY PURKESS ... 1
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) Nov 11 Fairfield propert... 16
As we can C Newark NJ Hells angels just cowar... (Apr '13) Nov 10 concerned Citizen 16

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages