|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering if the reason you are so against Gary is because perhaps your property was given the big red "X"?
I also find it amusing that you want to hold Gary responsible for oil spilled since almost every house south of Dogwood has no basement (and outside fuel oil tanks), many of which were not secured to the ground and therefore tipped over and spilled. Also, some of those people were too cheap to have their cesspools pumped so nature did it for them.
I believe any new construction or Major repair of homes will require strict code enforcement, and that includes setbacks from the street, and height of cesspools above sea level. This won't affect you BBB will it?
while i don't hold gary responsible for the oil tanks spilling, i disagree with you in that the residents did not choose to have oil tanks aboveground. this was forced upon them by building code. also, cesspools became flooded when the surge came. this has nothing to do with when they were pumped. calling people cheap serves no purpose. cesspools above sea level? how would this happen? do you think that the homeowners down by the water will want cesspools sticking up out of the ground? just wondering
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>while i don't hold gary responsible for the oil tanks spilling, i disagree with you in that the residents did not choose to have oil tanks aboveground. this was forced upon them by building code. also, cesspools became flooded when the surge came. this has nothing to do with when they were pumped. calling people cheap serves no purpose. cesspools above sea level? how would this happen? do you think that the homeowners down by the water will want cesspools sticking up out of the ground? just wondering
I just was addressing the blame being placed on Gary, who according to a poster is responsible for the oily mess. I think I made my point that others were also involved. Oil tanks should not be below ground, in my opinion. And, I do think cesspools should be above sea level. That said, I do not think it will be allowed to replace them, unless they are raised up. I have seen houses where the cesspools were missing covers, and some were overflowing..those are the one's that I were calling cheap.
Billygoat Mure

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

All of Mastic is a cesspool and the Mastoidz are the turdz within, Jesus for Gary 2013
just found out today

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Just wondering if the reason you are so against Gary is because perhaps your property was given the big red "X"?
I also find it amusing that you want to hold Gary responsible for oil spilled since almost every house south of Dogwood has no basement (and outside fuel oil tanks), many of which were not secured to the ground and therefore tipped over and spilled. Also, some of those people were too cheap to have their cesspools pumped so nature did it for them.
I believe any new construction or Major repair of homes will require strict code enforcement, and that includes setbacks from the street, and height of cesspools above sea level. This won't affect you BBB will it?
All the homes will be grandfathered in like Stiriz was at the village ZBOA meeting. And the code enforcement is as clueless as Tim Brojer as to whats the codes are, because we have no codes yet.
They did not get the zoning codes in on time and it was to late to readopt the Brookhaven codes so we have no zoning codes.
So build what you want we are all Grandfathered in like Gary Stiriz.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

just found out today wrote:
<quoted text>All the homes will be grandfathered in like Stiriz was at the village ZBOA meeting. And the code enforcement is as clueless as Tim Brojer as to whats the codes are, because we have no codes yet.
They did not get the zoning codes in on time and it was to late to readopt the Brookhaven codes so we have no zoning codes.
So build what you want we are all Grandfathered in like Gary Stiriz.
Are you sure? people better double check before they believe you.
Interested

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure? people better double check before they believe you.
Hopefully the link comes through.

Click here: Files - Mastic Beach Zoning Commission
Interested

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure? people better double check before they believe you.
https://sites.google.com/site/masticbeachzoni...
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Interested wrote:
Thanks for the link...but, it does not say that the code that was adopted when MBV stood up has expired.

People could be harmed by taking advice from Topix bloggers. if your house was severely damaged, you will need to contact the building dept. Doing any major construction without proper permits, and approvals could be halted. People need to think....I better make my house more hurricane safe. This was only a cat-1.
OMG

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the link...but, it does not say that the code that was adopted when MBV stood up has expired.
People could be harmed by taking advice from Topix bloggers. if your house was severely damaged, you will need to contact the building dept. Doing any major construction without proper permits, and approvals could be halted. People need to think....I better make my house more hurricane safe. This was only a cat-1.
When we became a village and adopted Brookhaven zoning codes we had two years to come up with our own,those two years are gone.
The board was talking about trying to readopt the TOB zoning codes and said they would have to have a public meeting about this but that never happen.
So I think that "Just Found Out Today" Is right and that's why they are putting so much pressure on the new zoning commission to get this done fast.
When I asked village hall they said that this not true, but with all the lies we have heard from the village I wondered.
I call the TOB zoning and they said that yes the village had two years to come up with their own zoning codes or readopt the towns and as far as the TOB knew the village never readopted.
More lies from the village?
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Deputy Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the village needs to be more proactive and update the website in a timely manner with all the current codes.
calling and getting word of mouth information from the village is not something to trust since they lie most of the time anyway.
I agree that the website needs to be updated more regularly. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
the truth is out there

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Maybe the village needs to be more proactive and update the website in a timely manner with all the current codes.
calling and getting word of mouth information from the village is not something to trust since they lie most of the time anyway.
They should just stop lying to us all.
Have a safe T- day and get home soon.
101st out 43 years and don't miss it.

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

You mean the last Tuesday night meeting was not in August?:)
Evan Politico

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

sniff it yo!
John Doe Duffel Bag

Sound Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

Gary 2013 good for Mastic Great for Mastoidz
happy thanksgiving

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

To all the forum chatterers and there familys whether pro or anti village I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.A special thanks to Gary for giving us something to talk about on here as this has to be the most popular forum topic which I guess will last until the election is over.

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

happy thanksgiving wrote:
To all the forum chatterers and there familys whether pro or anti village I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.A special thanks to Gary for giving us something to talk about on here as this has to be the most popular forum topic which I guess will last until the election is over.
Happy Thanksgiving to one an all.:) I don't think another thread has 24 pages (how my phone classifies it)....
new name here

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

happy thanksgiving wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving, but don't expect that election next year. Please, for all that don't believe me, go ask Gary himself if he's planning on delaying the election for a year.(and why) If he says no, ask him if that his final stance on the issue and if he would say that at the next PUBLIC meeting. I can guarantee that wont be the case though.

Mastic Beach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

new name here wrote:
<quoted text>Happy Thanksgiving, but don't expect that election next year. Please, for all that don't believe me, go ask Gary himself if he's planning on delaying the election for a year.(and why) If he says no, ask him if that his final stance on the issue and if he would say that at the next PUBLIC meeting. I can guarantee that wont be the case though.
Whether or not that's his plan, let him try it. It won't be tolerated. There's a lot more people both inside this community & higher up that are finished putting up w "shady" happenings....
election

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

If he tries to even think of cancelling the election he will really find out how many people want him out.The village hall will look like rockerfeller center on that day.The legislature will have to get involved along with the town of Brookhaven to ease the upset people that will come forth.It will make all the rest of the board history when the election comes up for them.It will be a domino effect.The officials who want to stay will be met with there failure in the long run.
Proud Villager

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

whatever gave you people the idea Gary is cancelling the election in March. Whatever you are smoking please share.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middle Island Discussions

Search the Middle Island Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Seafest sucks,again 16 min Not on Us 14
survivors of sociopath and narcissistic relatio... 24 min Psychopath free 3
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 13 hr cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 13 hr sdd 755
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 13 hr Wake up 669
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 13 hr trs 16,778
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) 14 hr Time for more arrests 204
•••
•••

Middle Island News Video

•••
Middle Island Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Middle Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••