Brooklyn, NY

#164 Jan 1, 2013
bbb if the ship is sinking please be on it
yupp

Mastic Beach, NY

#165 Jan 1, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
Thats the problem. We are ALL on this sinking ship. Thank you for being one of the starters to this mess that we are currently in.
Victor zeleny

Brooklyn, NY

#166 Jan 1, 2013
You are welcome if you dont belive the crap you read on this site the village is doing well. There are 8 dirtbags who lie all day long keep the faith

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#167 Jan 1, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
You are welcome if you dont belive the crap you read on this site the village is doing well. There are 8 dirtbags who lie all day long keep the faith
The Village is a sinking ship b/c those running it are in it for themselves & what they can get out of it. If you didn't believe it before....their response, or lack there of to Sandy should clinch that thought. Anything I've posted or said was directly SEEN by MY EYES or HEARD by MY EARS....believe what you want, but I've never written a lie here. As for you....you must be in good w the "Visionaries" to defend them so adamantly.......
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#168 Jan 1, 2013
who in the village is doing well? certainly not the taxpayers. we have had to sit by and watch while our storm drains go uncleaned , our streets either have no signs or unreadable ones, the pfragmites have taken over the roads, people are getting permits to build homes on 80 by 50 foot lots, citizens are being harassed by code enforcement, while landlords are still raking it in. we have not seen an improvement in the rental situation at all. in fact, it is worse than ever. i have never been afraid to walk around mastic beach before. you cannot go to track gas station for gas after dark without being annoyed by peddlers selling black market dvd's and cigarettes. name something that has improved. the government that was supposed to be transparent is really opaque.

Since: Mar 12

Mastic Beach

#169 Jan 1, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
who in the village is doing well? certainly not the taxpayers. we have had to sit by and watch while our storm drains go uncleaned , our streets either have no signs or unreadable ones, the pfragmites have taken over the roads, people are getting permits to build homes on 80 by 50 foot lots, citizens are being harassed by code enforcement, while landlords are still raking it in. we have not seen an improvement in the rental situation at all. in fact, it is worse than ever. i have never been afraid to walk around mastic beach before. you cannot go to track gas station for gas after dark without being annoyed by peddlers selling black market dvd's and cigarettes. name something that has improved. the government that was supposed to be transparent is really opaque.
The things they have done are done right stupid or wrong. Those awsome street signs on neighborhood aren't all accurate. My brother lives on West Dr, his street sign reads West Riviera Dr....he and my sister - in - law didn't receive one package, they had to go pick them up b/c their driver kept labeling "address does not exist". They've e - mailed & called several times w NO response. Riviera Dr ends & then West Dr starts...I guess that doesn't matter b/c it doesn't effect anyone of importance.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#170 Jan 1, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
Yuk Yuk Yuk you should work the catskills - as a janitor!
yupp

Mastic Beach, NY

#171 Jan 1, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
No you idiot, YOU are the one that I dont believe! This village is not doing "well". Gary is giving his family a ton of money and in return we get LESS SERVICE! Look at the town now, it's a MESS! And what is Gary and the rest doing about it??? Giving themselves term extensions! Changing Zoning to the waterfront that THEY DONT OWN!!!Oh, except for GARY!! Funny how that works out! You want to show that this village is doing "well"? Fix neighborhood Rd first, get the damn drains pumped so the flooding slows down, and have them stop hiring family over more QUALIFIED contractors!! If you haven't noticed, Garys cousin sucks as our "Dept. of Highway"!
Curly Joe

Manorville, NY

#172 Jan 1, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
I just live here and not really connected but
My storm drains are clean and have excellent drainage
My garbage is picked up as scheduled
I regularly frequent the stores on Neighbor Road Pizza , Gas, Handy Pantry and am never bothered.
But... These are things I did not have an issue with when TOB was around
Zoning is about to be put in place that restricts building on anything smaller then a 7500 sq ft lot
As far as rentals, thats a state thing and the Village, Town and County can not dictate who a landlord can rent to.
My home is surrounded by rentals, and I can say from direct observation that the Village building inspector holds the landlords to very tight regulations concerning the condition of the rentals. Ive seen two properties go empty for over a year because the landlord does not want to spend the money to bring the building up to code. This is what the Village can do that TOB did not.

I will agree with you that I do not feel very safe but is that the boards fault? It is going to take a long time to fix this place and I think a local village board with our own code enforcement is the best answer. Is the current group doing the job? I don't know. They are providing the services we already had within an acceptable level and they are tying to control the quality of the neighborhood with code enforcement. As far as there own agenda, who cares as long as long as their agenda does not get in the way of making this a better place to live.

The one thing I think the current board did that was not necessary was to go after the stewardship of the waterfront. It going anywhere and should have been a secondary goal. I have no love for the group that currently controls it and agree they need to be merged with the village at somepoint but code enforcement should have taken the priority
Curly Joe

Manorville, NY

#173 Jan 1, 2013
yupp wrote:
<quoted text>No you idiot, YOU are the one that I dont believe! This village is not doing "well". Gary is giving his family a ton of money and in return we get LESS SERVICE! Look at the town now, it's a MESS! And what is Gary and the rest doing about it??? Giving themselves term extensions! Changing Zoning to the waterfront that THEY DONT OWN!!!Oh, except for GARY!! Funny how that works out! You want to show that this village is doing "well"? Fix neighborhood Rd first, get the damn drains pumped so the flooding slows down, and have them stop hiring family over more QUALIFIED contractors!! If you haven't noticed, Garys cousin sucks as our "Dept. of Highway"!
Just pointing out facts where I can.
The zoning that is up for consideration does not change how the waterfront (all of the waterfront) is currently zoned. The law states the Village has to zone all parcels not town county state or federally owned as something.
I do agree that any outside work go to bid and they are now doing that. Also i think the cleanup work after Sandy went to an outside contractor not related to anyone, or so I heard.

Please come to the final zoning board hearing before the document is turned over to the Village board for consideration.. It will be at the Nutrition center on January 7th at 6pm
Wake up Joe

Shirley, NY

#174 Jan 1, 2013
Curly Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
The zoning that is up for consideration does not change how the waterfront (all of the waterfront) is currently zoned. The law states the Village has to zone all parcels not town county state or federally owned as something.
I do agree that any outside work go to bid and they are now doing that. Also i think the cleanup work after Sandy went to an outside contractor not related to anyone, or so I heard.
Please come to the final zoning board hearing before the document is turned over to the Village board for consideration.. It will be at the Nutrition center on January 7th at 6pm
Joe, DHS who is Gary's Stiriz cousin did most of the storm clean up. The village has never cleaned out storm drains, and they fired the younger Frank from the DPW because he did not get along with Gary's nephew who is clueless but got the job because he is a family member.
Not much has changed after we became a village,and if we don't get some new people in in March we we should just dissolve and go back to the TOB.
Remember Joe this is not like when you lived in Massapeque,we really did not need a village. We needed a group of people who would go to the TOB and demand that they do the right thing for Mastic Beach and hold our politicians accountable.
March is coming

Shirley, NY

#175 Jan 1, 2013
Victor zeleny wrote:
The "eight dirt-bags who lie all day" are Gary,Bob,Gail,Bill,Tim,Ann,Vir gillia,and you Victor.
Oh, and lets not forget their supporters,PCCA,Unicorn Motors, Gary's family and anyone working for the village.
The people of the village now know the truth, and big changes will be coming in March!
Petition

Shirley, NY

#176 Jan 2, 2013
March is coming wrote:
<quoted text>The "eight dirt-bags who lie all day" are Gary,Bob,Gail,Bill,Tim,Ann,Vir gillia,and you Victor.
Oh, and lets not forget their supporters,PCCA,Unicorn Motors, Gary's family and anyone working for the village.
The people of the village now know the truth, and big changes will be coming in March!
I wonder if Bruce S, Morra and Carol B get in if Victor will be the first to sign a petition to dissolve?
Question

Hicksville, NY

#177 Jan 2, 2013
Petition wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Bruce S, Morra and Carol B get in if Victor will be the first to sign a petition to dissolve?
Just curious...which one would become the Mayor?
ha ha ha

Shirley, NY

#178 Jan 2, 2013
Curly Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, it does change the zoning on the waterfront. if you read the zoning proposal, it would be commercial in some locations and residential/commercial in others. this is not the zoning that is there now. you seem to be a big village supporter. the fact is that the zoning board is trying for the second time to force this zoning down our throats. if it is on the up and up, then why were the public meetings scheduled between christmas and new years, when the most people are either out of town, or unavailable in some other way. also, all other village meetings are at 7pm, but he public hearings are at 6? why? to make it hard, if not impossible for the average working person to attend. if the meetings were at seven (like the regular village meetings) then more people could come and give their opinions and be heard. the only reason for scheduling them at this time is so that people are either not home from work yet, or eating dinner. this makes a lot less public input at public meetings. this is not an accident. this is done on purpose to circumvent the whole public meetings process.
Curly Joe

Manorville, NY

#179 Jan 2, 2013
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>actually, it does change the zoning on the waterfront. if you read the zoning proposal, it would be commercial in some locations and residential/commercial in others. this is not the zoning that is there now. you seem to be a big village supporter. the fact is that the zoning board is trying for the second time to force this zoning down our throats. if it is on the up and up, then why were the public meetings scheduled between christmas and new years, when the most people are either out of town, or unavailable in some other way. also, all other village meetings are at 7pm, but he public hearings are at 6? why? to make it hard, if not impossible for the average working person to attend. if the meetings were at seven (like the regular village meetings) then more people could come and give their opinions and be heard. the only reason for scheduling them at this time is so that people are either not home from work yet, or eating dinner. this makes a lot less public input at public meetings. this is not an accident. this is done on purpose to circumvent the whole public meetings process.
Please come to the Zoning hearing on January 7th.

Your right, there are some small parcels near Cranberry and where The Crab festival is held. But the zoning commission, independent of the board has proposed that. If you feel this is inappropriate, please come to the hearing and voice your opinion, as I have done. As I said in an earlier post. I just live here and don't belong to any side, but I have taken an interest in the zoning and have brought a few things to the commissions attention which were addressed and either changed or explained why the item was zoned the way it was, to my satisfaction.

As a resident, I'm very satisfied with how the zoning commission is conducting the process and the results that have been produced so far.

I hope you and yours have a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
Curly Joe

Manorville, NY

#180 Jan 2, 2013
Wake up Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Joe, DHS who is Gary's Stiriz cousin did most of the storm clean up. The village has never cleaned out storm drains, and they fired the younger Frank from the DPW because he did not get along with Gary's nephew who is clueless but got the job because he is a family member.
Not much has changed after we became a village,and if we don't get some new people in in March we we should just dissolve and go back to the TOB.
Remember Joe this is not like when you lived in Massapeque,we really did not need a village. We needed a group of people who would go to the TOB and demand that they do the right thing for Mastic Beach and hold our politicians accountable.
Thanks for the information, which contradicts what I was told informally. I was explaining to someone why I did not necessarily have a problem with a relative of a board member getting paid to perform a service, as long as were not paying more then we would otherwise. The person corrected me and said the relative wasn't involved this time around. Remember I have no connection to any of the civic associations or the village board, other then paying taxes, mowing my lawn and putting out garbage. I also think that its great that folks like you stay aware of the goings on and are comfortable presenting your observations as you see them. It forces govt to be a little more transparent

So now I have a question to ask January 8th at the monthly meeting

Like all governments I'm sure there are some things that stink going on. Maybe the answer is to change up the trustee's but then the question of who do we change it up with? In what little interaction I have had with other residence, I have not met one that does not seem like they have an agenda or an axe to grind. What I see is pure hatrad, and there is enough of that in the world

Again I am not affiliated with any of the civic associations or the village board so I have no stake in the politics of the situation. I want to pay my taxes, have my garbage picked up and my neighbors to keep their homes in somewhat of a presentable manor. I don't care about how it gets done or who does it as long as it gets done. I also think I represent a large portion of the working majority in the village.

Thanks for the response and have a Happy and prosperous New Year
Curly Joe

Manorville, NY

#181 Jan 2, 2013
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>actually, it does change the zoning on the waterfront. if you read the zoning proposal, it would be commercial in some locations and residential/commercial in others. this is not the zoning that is there now. you seem to be a big village supporter. the fact is that the zoning board is trying for the second time to force this zoning down our throats. if it is on the up and up, then why were the public meetings scheduled between christmas and new years, when the most people are either out of town, or unavailable in some other way. also, all other village meetings are at 7pm, but he public hearings are at 6? why? to make it hard, if not impossible for the average working person to attend. if the meetings were at seven (like the regular village meetings) then more people could come and give their opinions and be heard. the only reason for scheduling them at this time is so that people are either not home from work yet, or eating dinner. this makes a lot less public input at public meetings. this is not an accident. this is done on purpose to circumvent the whole public meetings process.
One other item of note. The weekly zoning commission hearings have been going on since July with only Sandy as an interruption. The fella that is the head of the VZC has invited all residence to come sit and interact at every village meeting. That's how I found out about it. I have attended every one since early September.

Thanks again for the interaction
Petition

Shirley, NY

#182 Jan 2, 2013
Curly Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
One other item of note. The weekly zoning commission hearings have been going on since July with only Sandy as an interruption. The fella that is the head of the VZC has invited all residence to come sit and interact at every village meeting. That's how I found out about it. I have attended every one since early September.
Thanks again for the interaction
Invited people how? I work two jobs and have three kids. When was i invited? In some obscure newspaper posting? How about putting it on a big sign by village hall like you have to do when you build something new. How about just one meeting being on a Saturday? Is having weekend meetings too much to ask?
dump them

White Plains, NY

#183 Jan 2, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious...which one would become the Mayor?
Keep Mayor Bill and bring in Tom Fox and Maura Spery, these two are the ones that want an open and an accountable village.
This would balance out the board of trustees and that's what we need, not just Gary calling the shots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memorial Day 17 hr hodoo 22
News Retired Teacher From Holbrook Arrested For Chil... (Jan '13) 21 hr Happy not 3
MBV Residents interviewed Thu hodoo 2
Congratulations Mr. Daly Wed hodoo 31
Go Mastic Beach Advocate!!! Wed hodoo 39
Betty, Betty, Betty May 26 hodoo 25
What is the story behind the real suicides of H... (Jun '07) May 26 Steve o 33
More from around the web

Middle Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]