Mastic Beach Village Being Investigated by Police

Posted in the Middle Island Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
one homeowner

Mastic, NY

#1 Nov 4, 2011
Apparently, MBV isn't doing everything strictly legally in the village. They have "deputized" (read letting them carry guns) code enforcement. They have also stepped on the toes of the 7th precinct by getting Sheriffs to give traffic tickets in MBV. I probably wouldn't mind a bigger presence of police for crime, but to get them down here for traffic is just to make money for the village. The Sheriffs are apparently screwing up ongoing investigations.

Residential Crime is up 30 percent and MBV is concentrating on TRAFFIC VIOLATORS. What's wrong with this picture?
Power Under Dirt

Bellmore, NY

#2 Nov 4, 2011
They called this King of Dirt City aka Mastic.

Mastic aka Dirt City the town voted guaranteed to house the most trashiest and biggest welfare and criminals on the East Cost of the United States.
DeputyDog

Saint James, NY

#3 Nov 4, 2011
one homeowner wrote:
Apparently, MBV isn't doing everything strictly legally in the village. They have "deputized" (read letting them carry guns) code enforcement. They have also stepped on the toes of the 7th precinct by getting Sheriffs to give traffic tickets in MBV. I probably wouldn't mind a bigger presence of police for crime, but to get them down here for traffic is just to make money for the village. The Sheriffs are apparently screwing up ongoing investigations.
Residential Crime is up 30 percent and MBV is concentrating on TRAFFIC VIOLATORS. What's wrong with this picture?
Links? Proof? Or are you just making up as you go?
New York State has laws regarding peace officer, police officer, and who can and can't be armed.Code enforcement are not allowed to be armed, since they work for the village. That's NY State law.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2011
one homeowner wrote:
Name ONE code enforcer who carries a gun in MBV. Go ahead, make my day!
Skadoosh

New York, NY

#5 Nov 4, 2011
one homeowner wrote:
Umm proof? Where are you getting your information?
Route Nine

Bellmore, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2011
Well they had Route 66 and Mastic has Dirt Road Beach filled with broken beer and wine bottles. Only town littered with hypodermic needles and beer cans. Crack Head Beach they call Mastic Beach. What a bunch of morons and welfare trash in Mastic!
one homeowner

Mastic, NY

#7 Nov 4, 2011
Skadoosh wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm proof? Where are you getting your information?
i got my information from the chief inspector of the seventh precinct at the monthly meeting. also, i didn't know anything about the code enforcement being deputized or gun carrying until the inspector told us.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#8 Nov 4, 2011
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Name ONE code enforcer who carries a gun in MBV. Go ahead, make my day!
I repeat...show me proof any code guys in MBV are armed. Otherwise, stay on 2nd Street behind your iron gates.
proof

Mastic Beach, NY

#9 Nov 4, 2011
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I repeat...show me proof any code guys in MBV are armed. Otherwise, stay on 2nd Street behind your iron gates.
MBV Website. MBV 9/13/11 Meeting Minutes"

"Resident Walter Meshenberg stated that he thought a Code Enforcement officer was carrying a sidearm during the hurricane, and if true, would village be liable. Trustee Stiriz replied that during the hurricane, it was necessary to deputize two Code Enforcement officers and authorize them to carry sidearms, and that both officers met all qualifications for same."

Now the real question is... have they stopped carrying sidearms?
Lou Vega

Mastic Beach, NY

#10 Nov 4, 2011
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I repeat...show me proof any code guys in MBV are armed. Otherwise, stay on 2nd Street behind your iron gates.
Are you really this thick in the head?? I guess you don't show up to meetings OR read the meeting minutes that were FINALLY put on line. YOUR hero, Gary, approved the side-arms. I guess he needs armed enforcers to protect his cell tower.(you know, because the cost of metal is so high now) Didn't he ask you? Didn't he get your input before he made this decision? I though you WERE his right hand man.
Sick of all this crap

Selden, NY

#11 Nov 4, 2011
Lou Vega wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this thick in the head?? I guess you don't show up to meetings OR read the meeting minutes that were FINALLY put on line. YOUR hero, Gary, approved the side-arms. I guess he needs armed enforcers to protect his cell tower.(you know, because the cost of metal is so high now) Didn't he ask you? Didn't he get your input before he made this decision? I though you WERE his right hand man.
They no longer carry guns it was ony during the Hurricane. Both code enforcers have permi9ts to carry guns. Now that the state of emergercy is over they no longer are carrying the guns. I believe that was explained at the meeting.
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#12 Nov 4, 2011
DeputyDog wrote:
<quoted text>
Links? Proof? Or are you just making up as you go?
New York State has laws regarding peace officer, police officer, and who can and can't be armed.Code enforcement are not allowed to be armed, since they work for the village. That's NY State law.
But yet code enforcement IS armed. Again, go ask Gary or Paul. Or better yet, read the minute for yourself. They have been "deputized" and are carrying guns. I thought Paul PROMISED that he wasn't going to start his own "police force"? MORE LIES
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#13 Nov 4, 2011
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Name ONE code enforcer who carries a gun in MBV. Go ahead, make my day!
Not ONE but TWO! Ask Gary, he'll tell you which ones.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#14 Nov 4, 2011
Lou Vega wrote:
<quoted text>Are you really this thick in the head?? I guess you don't show up to meetings OR read the meeting minutes that were FINALLY put on line. YOUR hero, Gary, approved the side-arms. I guess he needs armed enforcers to protect his cell tower.(you know, because the cost of metal is so high now) Didn't he ask you? Didn't he get your input before he made this decision? I though you WERE his right hand man.
R.I.G.H.T hand man?
HUH

Mastic Beach, NY

#15 Nov 4, 2011
Sick of all this crap wrote:
<quoted text>
They no longer carry guns it was ony during the Hurricane. Both code enforcers have permi9ts to carry guns. Now that the state of emergercy is over they no longer are carrying the guns. I believe that was explained at the meeting.
BULL SH!T! Whats the matter? Are you upset that it was proven to be true? If you can't stand the lies, get out of the village. This village is run on lies and BS.

Do we need to show you proof that Gary gave his son the hurricane contract? Do we need to show you proof that he wants a cell tower on his property? Do we need to show you proof that we need a highway department?
Just pathetic

Mastic Beach, NY

#16 Nov 4, 2011
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>R.I.G.H.T hand man?
I'd rather be r.i.g.h.t. then corrupt like our gun toting "leaders".

Thats the best you have?

We give you broken promises and lies straight from the mayors mouth and you give us "right hand man"? Just plan pathetic!

Maybe you and Gary can go out and shoot some "undesirables" in MBV when your not casing the marinas.

What I can't wait for if for one of theses so called "code enforcers" to feel "threatened" and shoot someone. They go to jail while we as tax payers have to give millions to the family of the victim.
Fight Fair

Moriches, NY

#17 Nov 5, 2011
Just pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>I'd rather be r.i.g.h.t. then corrupt like our gun toting "leaders".
Thats the best you have?
We give you broken promises and lies straight from the mayors mouth and you give us "right hand man"? Just plan pathetic!
Maybe you and Gary can go out and shoot some "undesirables" in MBV when your not casing the marinas.
What I can't wait for if for one of theses so called "code enforcers" to feel "threatened" and shoot someone. They go to jail while we as tax payers have to give millions to the family of the victim.
Hey, you were right that 2 guys with carry permits did get deputized to be security for the village during the state of emergency. So, that gives you the right to imply they always carry or they continue to carry? You were right, but it is not true they still carry on the job.

And, I wonder who you meant when you said "undesirables".
Lou Vega

Mastic Beach, NY

#18 Nov 5, 2011
Fight Fair wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, you were right that 2 guys with carry permits did get deputized to be security for the village during the state of emergency. So, that gives you the right to imply they always carry or they continue to carry? You were right, but it is not true they still carry on the job.
And, I wonder who you meant when you said "undesirables".
Undesirables? You know, the ones that Gary and Paul are working so hard to exclude and run out of MBV. And just the other day I say a code enforcer with a side arm on his belt. Or if it wasn't, they shouldn't have bought radios that look like guns.
And no, I don't have video or photo of him carrying it, I'm not Frank, I don't have a camera on me at all times.(it doesn't make it any less true though)

But more importantly, why were they deputized to carry guns in our village? Who gave them that right? If the police are investigating the village officials for this, then obviously they had no right to do this! It's just one more example of Gary and Paul taking the laws into their own hands to prove that THEY are the "leaders" and can do whatever the he!! they feel like!

Bottom line, they had NO AUTHORITY to let people walk around with guns as village employees!
good luck

Mastic Beach, NY

#19 Nov 5, 2011
Lou Vega wrote:
<quoted text>Undesirables? You know, the ones that Gary and Paul are working so hard to exclude and run out of MBV. And just the other day I say a code enforcer with a side arm on his belt. Or if it wasn't, they shouldn't have bought radios that look like guns.
And no, I don't have video or photo of him carrying it, I'm not Frank, I don't have a camera on me at all times.(it doesn't make it any less true though)
But more importantly, why were they deputized to carry guns in our village? Who gave them that right? If the police are investigating the village officials for this, then obviously they had no right to do this! It's just one more example of Gary and Paul taking the laws into their own hands to prove that THEY are the "leaders" and can do whatever the he!! they feel like!
Bottom line, they had NO AUTHORITY to let people walk around with guns as village employees!
SPOT ON!!!! They had NO AUTHORITY to deputies them to carry guns as MBV employees!! Honestly, what right did they have to do that? I didn't see in the village law book of NYS that the deputy mayor has the right to tell employees to arm themselves!!!!!!
one homeowner

Mastic, NY

#20 Nov 5, 2011
good luck wrote:
<quoted text>
SPOT ON!!!! They had NO AUTHORITY to deputies them to carry guns as MBV employees!! Honestly, what right did they have to do that? I didn't see in the village law book of NYS that the deputy mayor has the right to tell employees to arm themselves!!!!!!
they had this problem in patchogue. it wound up costing over 3 million to fix it. way to go village.(read: sarcasm)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Building 1 hr Question 3
Sewer Systems 2 hr Sara 10
MBPOA Law suit 4 hr watch dog this 93
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Tue Lou 336
Neighborhood Road Pitt Bulls Dec 22 LibertyTreeBud 4
Race War Dec 21 mcyt 9
Slime Bags (May '12) Dec 20 Busted 16

Middle Island News Video

Middle Island Dating
Find my Match