Teen who took gun to school had bullets also

Full story: Newsday 36
A 16-year-old Coram teenager who brought a 9-mm handgun to his high school also had 11 bullets with him that day, a prosecutor disclosed in a court hearing Friday at Suffolk County Court in Riverhead. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ben From Leisure Glenn

Middle Island, NY

#24 May 25, 2007
Hmm wrote:
Longwood is a crap district serving crap communities. The article stated that a cop was already at the school for another unrelated matter. Somehow I doubt he/she was there to speak at an assembly. This story is not surprising in the least given where it occured.
This seems to be your answer to all your posts throughout these stories. I read the reply from "Willie from Ave Y" yesterday, he really put you down and totally emasculated you. Yet I didn't read one of your snappy replies. Hmmm, I wonder why!
Chad

Safety Harbor, FL

#25 May 25, 2007
David wrote:
I am an outsider from the UK where we do not have guns and see no need for them. It is refreshing to see that out of all the posts not one of them is supporting guns. This must be applauded and from my perspective it seems that the less civilised, less evolved are the ones who keep going on about their right ot bear arms. the midwest and south in particular hold most of the guns...but then they also get led to vote republican.
Well said!
enough

AOL

#26 May 25, 2007
getting a gun in this country is a joke its as easy as getting a pack of gum he laws need to be changed

“Viet Vet Speaks Out”

Since: Dec 06

Long Beach, NY

#27 May 25, 2007
BLAME THE NRA
FF Jack

Massapequa Park, NY

#28 May 26, 2007
I remember an odd twist in NYS laws from my former NYPD days. An unloaded handgun is a misdemeanor, however if the possessor has bullets readily accessible (as in another pocket) this considers it a loaded gun and a felony.
student at longwood

Macungie, PA

#29 May 26, 2007
Liberals Know Nada wrote:
Let the school bashing begin. If I may:
Longwood sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me, it does not!
sorry to say but

Yonkers, NY

#30 May 26, 2007
reezie wrote:
there should be now way a gun could enter a school.
do you have any ideas on how they could keep guns and weapons out of school? especially a school as big as longwood, lets hear it.
a friend

Southampton, NY

#31 May 27, 2007
i worked with this kid for about a year, he was always getting picked on, but was an extremely nice kid... he wasnt the smartest one out there when it came to common sense, which is how i can see something like this happening. We used to bet him that he wouldnt eat some sort of concoction we would make up and he would, which is probably along the lines of how the gun got into school....He was innocently trying to prove himself for his friends in my opinion..

good luck vin

Since: Feb 07

COPIAGUE, NY

#32 Jun 13, 2007
sorry to say but wrote:
<quoted text> do you have any ideas on how they could keep guns and weapons out of school? especially a school as big as longwood, lets hear it.
metal detectors, security guards, random locker searchs. these kids want to act like gangsters then they should be treated as such. it's a shame that the good kids who go to school to actually learn will have to suffer but rather this than get shot for no reason.
TTT

Bronx, NY

#33 Jun 13, 2007
Well said my friend. It's time to take the control back from these kids who want nothing more out of life. They are like little terrorists.
reezie wrote:
<quoted text>
metal detectors, security guards, random locker searchs. these kids want to act like gangsters then they should be treated as such. it's a shame that the good kids who go to school to actually learn will have to suffer but rather this than get shot for no reason.
so wat

Addison, TX

#34 Feb 5, 2009
Hmm wrote:
That's what I was getting ready to say....Since he is a kid from Middle Island with the name "Cicchetti" instead a kid with the name "Johnson" or "Lopez" from Brentwood or Wyandanch.......he's a good kid who needs guidance, as opposed to a thug who is ruining Lond Island for all it's hardworking, taxpaying "American" citizens....
Unbelievable!
<quoted text>
Yea.. but leroy Johnson would have had bullets in it and dead teachers !
coram resident

Rockville Centre, NY

#35 Mar 26, 2009
i love coram i love longwood
Peter

Carteret, NJ

#36 Mar 26, 2009
Here is a consept. How about instead of makeing laws that are unconstitutional against law abiding gun owners. Gun law only harm people who follow laws, criminals dont. How about arming teachers and teaching them to properly handle firearms. Isreal does it, when was the last time they had a school shooting?
Joe V

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#37 Mar 28, 2009
When ever did a gun fire itself and kill or injur anyone. Would someone answer that question please.
Kyeung

Valley Stream, NY

#38 Sep 7, 2009
Linda wrote:
At what point do the parents flee responsibility? Where did he get the gun from?
Oh and "tougher gun laws" - people do kill people.
people say guns dont kill people, people kill people. what they dont get is that People USE GUNS to kill people
debbie

AOL

#39 Sep 27, 2009
Just where i want to send my kids to school......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trustee Summa and Spery Quotes 9 hr hoo doo you think... 10
Man injured in Mastic shooting (Sep '10) Thu Jigo 24
4 years later ? Wed False accusations 56
Slime Bags (May '12) Oct 22 Busted 12
Gay Friendly Sayville? Oct 21 Gayville 3
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) Oct 21 Joey 209
Next up for Roy Rogers site: White Castle? (Dec '10) Oct 20 Socwkmom 320

Middle Island News Video

Middle Island Dating
Find my Match