Teen who took gun to school had bullets also

Full story: Newsday

A 16-year-old Coram teenager who brought a 9-mm handgun to his high school also had 11 bullets with him that day, a prosecutor disclosed in a court hearing Friday at Suffolk County Court in Riverhead.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
David Brent

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Judged:

Its just one more reason to ban "show and tell" day at our schools. Oh and while we're at it lets ban Dodge Ball too. Its a cruel game for those "non-athletic" types.
kristin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

what does running away from home have to do with him bringing a gun to school?

Since: Feb 07

COPIAGUE, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

there should be now way a gun could enter a school.
JFC

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Every kid makes mistakes and although he didn't hurt anyone, this kid needs a lesson as does all kids. Guns are dangerous without proper instructions on use. Even if he was licensed and it was legal for him to carry, the dirtbags in school do not need to have a hand on it, especially with bullets. Guns in school cause devastating results that tear families apart. Please stop with the guns guys. They're not cool.
REALITY CHECKER

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

The DA better not plea bargin this down,if convicted it's a mandatory 1 year in Jail.If between Columbine,and VA TECH and a few othe school incedents these kids don't understand you cannot bring guns into schools then there's absolutely no hope for these kids.They are major problems and need to be dealt with extremely hard.
REALITY CHECKER

Brentwood, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

JFC wrote:
Every kid makes mistakes and although he didn't hurt anyone, this kid needs a lesson as does all kids. Guns are dangerous without proper instructions on use. Even if he was licensed and it was legal for him to carry, the dirtbags in school do not need to have a hand on it, especially with bullets. Guns in school cause devastating results that tear families apart. Please stop with the guns guys. They're not cool.
NYS LAW is if I remember correctly, you have to be 21 years old to have a Pistol license so part of you point is moot.
tougher gun laws

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

People are mistaken when they say People kill people. It is true to an extend, but, if we leave a weapon laying there in front of them they will take it and use it. We must prevent showing guns to our children. Lawmakers must step up and say enough is enough. Now and days it is very easy to buy guns, you can even buy one in Wal-mart. This should not be. I know there are pro guns people and they will not agree with my views but what would you do if it was your son or your daughter? what if someone killed one of your family members with a gun?(God forbid) how then would you feel? Before speaking please think about all the views.
Linda

Stony Brook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Judged:

At what point do the parents flee responsibility? Where did he get the gun from?

Oh and "tougher gun laws" - people do kill people.
Mee

Speonk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Interesting how a kid from a "good neighborhood" does not receive the infux of "Oh my God" comments that a kid from Brentwood or Wyandanch would
Peter

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Judged:

The probalem is LI has become Brookly and Queens....all that trash has moved east ! The rest of us have left because of it !
martin

Lincoln Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

This kid was seeking attention. Thankfully, he will get it now and with patience and professional counseling, he will probably lead a normal life, assuming his parents stay the course in raising him properley.
thalia

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

longwood high school is not that great, neither is gordon heights, which is in coram, the area is completely run over with illegal immigrants and is a frequent zone for drug busts and violence. check your facts mee...just because brentwood, wyandanch, mastic, and all the other little famous 'ghettos' of long island (if that's what you want to call them) are so notorious for crime doesn't mean that there are also small concentrations of it in other areas.
Hmm

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

That's what I was getting ready to say....Since he is a kid from Middle Island with the name "Cicchetti" instead a kid with the name "Johnson" or "Lopez" from Brentwood or Wyandanch.......he's a good kid who needs guidance, as opposed to a thug who is ruining Lond Island for all it's hardworking, taxpaying "American" citizens....

Unbelievable!
Mee wrote:
Interesting how a kid from a "good neighborhood" does not receive the infux of "Oh my God" comments that a kid from Brentwood or Wyandanch would
Carol

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

This is a disgrace that a 11th grader would think its normal to go to school with a gun and bulletts. What the hell is going on with todays society? These kids dont like rules, thats why they runaway. Its too damn bad for him and he needs to be tried as an adult in the courtroom. He could have taken an innocent kids life who is at school to learn. This kid should never be allowed back into school again. There are schools for troubled teenagers and thats where he belongs with people most like him. He was probably one of the many teenagers today addicted to a prescription pain killer. These kids need to learn that they need to pay consequences for their actions. Shame on them and the parents to not be in control of the situation.
Hmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Longwood is a crap district serving crap communities. The article stated that a cop was already at the school for another unrelated matter. Somehow I doubt he/she was there to speak at an assembly. This story is not surprising in the least given where it occured.
David

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

I am an outsider from the UK where we do not have guns and see no need for them. It is refreshing to see that out of all the posts not one of them is supporting guns. This must be applauded and from my perspective it seems that the less civilised, less evolved are the ones who keep going on about their right ot bear arms. the midwest and south in particular hold most of the guns...but then they also get led to vote republican.
jail em

Blountville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Judged:

another mental kid lock him up for 25 yrs
neighbor

Hopatcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Hmm wrote:
Longwood is a crap district serving crap communities. The article stated that a cop was already at the school for another unrelated matter. Somehow I doubt he/she was there to speak at an assembly. This story is not surprising in the least given where it occured.

How can someone from Calverton which is in the Riverhead school district call Longwood a crap district that serves crap communities? Look in the mirror befor commenting!!!
Hmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
How can someone from Calverton which is in the Riverhead school district call Longwood a crap district that serves crap communities? Look in the mirror befor commenting!!!
Wow. What does Calverton have to do with anything? Do you really have an IQ that low to think that because a Cablevision server IP address is in one town that all users of said Internet must reside in the same town. You must be a product of Longwood. It's 2007...you may want to educate yourself a little about things we have today including the "Internet", fax machines, etc., before you make comments that indicate you are, in fact, quite dumb.
blue stop the beatings

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2007

Judged:

another white boy gone bad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 16 at 7:26PM EDT

•••
•••

Middle Island News Video

•••
•••

Middle Island Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Middle Island People Search