Comments
61 - 80 of 81 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2013
WHY

Mastic Beach, NY

#65 Jan 22, 2013
Why did Gary hire Tom Fox NOW after he said he was running for office? How much is Tom getting "paid" by the village NOT to run? This is like when the Vision Team hired the South Shore press for PR right before the last election.
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#66 Jan 22, 2013
whoopsing wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps to bolster your argument you can post a link to this forum facts paper that you speak of So we may all know what you are talking about ? The vast majority of the streets drain very well except some areas near the waterfront due to damage from the storm, which is primarily blockage in the marsh areas that are clogged with debris hampering natural flow of water.
if you want to see a copy of forum fact, try going to the library and looking up copies of the south shore press from july 2010. there was plenty of news coverage. do your research. google smart people get the FACTS
the truth is out there

White Plains, NY

#67 Jan 22, 2013
WHY wrote:
Why did Gary hire Tom Fox NOW after he said he was running for office? How much is Tom getting "paid" by the village NOT to run? This is like when the Vision Team hired the South Shore press for PR right before the last election.
Gary did not hire Tom Fox,Bill had said to a couple of people a few weeks ago that Tom Fox would be great to head a committee to over look the waterfront because he had the experience.Gary found out about this and jumped the gun at the last work shop to make it look like it was his idea but it was really Mayor Bill's.
When Gary told Tom that he would pick people for this committee,Tom Fox told the board that he would do it only if he could pick his one board. Mayor Bill said that that was ok but Gary did not seem to happy about it.
Tom said he wants people with knowledge of the waterfront and not just people who want to develop it.
Tom Fox does not want to have the waterfront developed just to make some people happy,he wants everybody in the village involved and all meetings open to the public and he himself is against developing it but more for saving it.
By the way he is not getting paid for this.
Fox for mayor

Mastic Beach, NY

#68 Jan 22, 2013
Bo_Jigger wrote:
<quoted text>better hire Magnum Brady P.I to handle this case.
hey Bo, what time is it in Kwuait? I sat right behind you at PCCA last week, you ain't foolin nobody!
Tarzan

Mastic Beach, NY

#69 Jan 22, 2013
Fox no be mayor, he now chief of new Village marinas.

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

#70 Jan 22, 2013
Forum Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be drinking something in your kool-aid. The storm drains have been clogged for years now the streets are flooded after even the slightest amount of rain. Where do you live? Obviously you don't get out much.
I disagree
whoopsing

Sound Beach, NY

#71 Jan 22, 2013
have stinky chow
whoopsing

Sound Beach, NY

#72 Jan 22, 2013
smells worse than a clogged drain
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#73 Jan 22, 2013
Laughing at losers wrote:
The current village board voted for a village ethics committee and an employee handbook. I heard it when I was sitting behind the exceptionally pretty woman with the long pony tail. So I guess you will be voting for the current people.
does it strike anyone else that they only voted in an ethics committee (which someone has asked about at just about every village meeting since the beginning)right before an election? TOO LITTLE TOO LATE. YOU CANT MAKE UP FOR 2 YEARS IN 2 MONTHS. THEY ALL MUST GO
March is comming

White Plains, NY

#74 Jan 22, 2013
not a koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>does it strike anyone else that they only voted in an ethics committee (which someone has asked about at just about every village meeting since the beginning)right before an election? TOO LITTLE TOO LATE. YOU CANT MAKE UP FOR 2 YEARS IN 2 MONTHS. THEY ALL MUST GO
That was Tom Fox who asked for the ethics committee and Stiriz was against it until about a month ago.
Tom has made a lot of requests of this board that fell by the wayside, but now that an election is coming up in March things are changing.
Remember the Mayor can only vote if its a tiebreaker.
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#75 Jan 23, 2013
March is comming wrote:
<quoted text>That was Tom Fox who asked for the ethics committee and Stiriz was against it until about a month ago.
Tom has made a lot of requests of this board that fell by the wayside, but now that an election is coming up in March things are changing.
Remember the Mayor can only vote if its a tiebreaker.
but the mayor has not been for the people. he has backed gary every step of the way. now he says he sees the light. like i said TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.
MB Lover1

Norwalk, CT

#76 Jan 23, 2013
I think if there is an ethics committee it should be made up of at least some members who do not live in the Village and therefore should be unbiased.
Bob

Mastic Beach, NY

#77 Jan 24, 2013
What do you mean wrote:
<quoted text>The empty buildings on Neighborhood are all privately owned. Some are empty because the owner is not willing to do anything to make it more rentable. Litter is also the property owners responsibility so I hope the village fines them. And finally, you think it is the villages duty to eradicate prostitutes (or any other criminal activity), its not! Call the police dammit.
So you are saying the campaign slogan, "Vote Yes and Clean up the Mess" was all hot air and empty promises? No. Say it ain't so.

My politicians wouldn't lie to me, right? The village is doing everything it can to clean up mastic beach right? Isn't my government looking out for me the citizen? Aren't they billing the homeowner for services rendered as a back door tax? Wasn't that the plan? Isn't that what's happening? I mean it looks so nice down by the waterfront. Oh wait that's MBPOA land. Never mind.
BEWARE

Shirley, NY

#78 Jan 24, 2013
GREAT POINT BOB--Most of the pro village comments are probably being typed from where they are working in the village office on neighborhood road.At least our tax dollars are going for a good cause to clean up the internet.They sure aren't doing the roads.This forum is there job security but only for the small group in the office.
Impeach

Mastic Beach, NY

#79 Jan 24, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying the campaign slogan, "Vote Yes and Clean up the Mess" was all hot air and empty promises? No. Say it ain't so.
My politicians wouldn't lie to me, right? The village is doing everything it can to clean up mastic beach right? Isn't my government looking out for me the citizen? Aren't they billing the homeowner for services rendered as a back door tax? Wasn't that the plan? Isn't that what's happening? I mean it looks so nice down by the waterfront. Oh wait that's MBPOA land. Never mind.
yeah, "vote yes and clean up this mess"!
What DID happen to that campain promise? Wasnt is Gary that said "we are done cleaning up after Sandy, it's the homeowners responsibility now!"
How is that "cleaning up this mess"?

Bunch of liars!

Can we impeach them for lying?
mastictbatter

Mastic, NY

#80 Jan 27, 2013
If there is someone who should be on an ethics board it should be Jane Powers
sounds good

White Plains, NY

#81 Jan 27, 2013
mastictbatter wrote:
If there is someone who should be on an ethics board it should be Jane Powers
She should be a trustee on the village board,but I have not heard if she is running.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fed up

White Plains, NY

#82 Jan 27, 2013
sounds good wrote:
<quoted text>She should be a trustee on the village board,but I have not heard if she is running.
She would have my vote, she's a smart woman.

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

#83 Jan 27, 2013
who is jane powers ?
Raven

Shirley, NY

#84 Jan 27, 2013
Andy Cuomo wrote:
I will run for Mastoid Mayor Yo! Disarm all Mastoidz and FEMA camp em Yo! Sandy Hook Hoax Yo!http://www.youtube.com/watc h?v=7G-UNwE1pWUXX
Evan Politico, why do you like to suck man meat so much and sniff shorts and ass?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 1 hr Badtothebone 108
Biondi's Failed Audit 5 hr hoo doo you think... 5
bruce and maura are useless 14 hr Incompetence 69
Review: Ilopango Restaurant 17 hr james 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 22 hr Lol 16,781
Public School 74 (Feb '14) Thu Jayar 2
Crier by Bruce Thu Incompetence 6
•••

Middle Island News Video

•••