SHIRLEY: Woman charged with endangeri...

SHIRLEY: Woman charged with endangering daughter

There are 16 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 11, 2008, titled SHIRLEY: Woman charged with endangering daughter. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Middle Island woman was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and endangering the welfare of a child after she crashed her car in Shirley yesterday with her 3-year-old daughter in it, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

princess

La Quinta, CA

#1 Jul 11, 2008
what an irresponsible woman to drive high with her daughter in the car!!!!!!! she shouldnt be a mother!!

Since: Jun 08

Smith Point

#2 Jul 11, 2008
This moron is NOT from Shirley but from Middle Island. She just crashed her car in Shirley.
friend of woman

Succasunna, NJ

#4 Jul 11, 2008
hey everyone makes mistakes lady. but saying she shouldnt be a mother? who are you to judge that? sorry we cant all be royalty like you.
princess wrote:
what an irresponsible woman to drive high with her daughter in the car!!!!!!! she shouldnt be a mother!!

Since: Jul 08

South Shore of LI

#5 Jul 11, 2008
friend of woman wrote:
hey everyone makes mistakes lady. but saying she shouldnt be a mother? who are you to judge that? sorry we cant all be royalty like you.
<quoted text>
Any parent who drives when high with their child in the car is irresponsible. They should have their child taken away until they can prove they are responsible. If she is your friend, don't you have an obligation to not only her but her child? I'm not sure what your comment about royalty means, but your friend is an irresponsible idiot to put her daughter in jeopardy.
Just Wondering

New Canaan, CT

#6 Jul 11, 2008
friend of woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone makes mistakes?! A mistake is when you lock your keys in the car. Driving into a tree with your child in the car is attempted murder.

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#7 Jul 11, 2008
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone makes mistakes?! A mistake is when you lock your keys in the car. Driving into a tree with your child in the car is attempted murder.
I wonder if she would feel the same if HER child was in the car, too!
DEER PARK KNOWS

Middle Island, NY

#8 Jul 11, 2008
friend of woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you made a big mistake by trying to stick up for your so called drug addict friend, she shouldn't be a mother, so many people out there want kids but can't have them and then this POS moron gets high and drives her car into a tree with her 3 year old daughter in it with her, maybe she should have a little vacation in JAIL until she dries out that dumb biotch,Maybe you're just as bad as she is, HUH?

“There's Only One ME!”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 11, 2008
DEER PARK KNOWS wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you made a big mistake by trying to stick up for your so called drug addict friend, she shouldn't be a mother, so many people out there want kids but can't have them and then this POS moron gets high and drives her car into a tree with her 3 year old daughter in it with her, maybe she should have a little vacation in JAIL until she dries out that dumb biotch,Maybe you're just as bad as she is, HUH?
You, go!! Don't hold back!! How could defend this behavior? And then people wonder why kids are crashing and driving drun!!
Crabbe

Shirley, NY

#10 Jul 11, 2008
Too nasty until you know all the FACTS .
Are You Serious

Selden, NY

#11 Jul 11, 2008
friend of woman wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious!
What mother in their right mind would put a CHILD in a car when they are high? What MOTHER would even GET HIGH around their child!
So many people want children and can't have them, but, these morons, BAM get them and don't care!
You've got to be kidding me!
Does she realize how LUCKY she is that she did not KILL her child!
Seriously!
Your "Friend" is also LUCKY she didn't KILL anyone else on the road!
Uuuugghh people like this just piss me off!

“ALPHABITCH up in tha' HAUS!”

LONG ISLAND! U.S.A.

#12 Jul 11, 2008
Who cares where she is FROM on L.I.? Would it make a difference if she lived in an Manhasset or Nissequogue? So she lives in a lower socio-economic neighborhood~ BIG DEAL right away, she's a loser junkie?

Bottom line~ She endangered the Welfare of her child & other innocent drivers/pedestrians due to her obvious selfishness/negligence.

To say she shouldn't be a Mother is clearly unfair. I am in no way shape or form defending her actions. However, I am CERTAIN that there are PLENTY of HYPOCRITES reading & writing on this board! You're ALL sooo "Perfect"~ PLEASE!!?? Never, ever have ONE of you EVER driven somewhat "under any form of influence" by a substance that you know damn straight you should not have... I'm just calling a Spade a Spade.

My opinion, she made a horrific & near deadly mistake & are certain that she will no doubt pay for it in more ways than it was ever worth it. Let the blood-sucking Legal System teach her part of her lesson!

LONG ISLAND! U.S.A.

#13 Jul 11, 2008
BTW - Your all reading way too much into MEDIA-HYPE. For all you know, though I may be wrong, this woman may have been on prescription meds. & was not capable of driving. STILL MAKES HER GUILTY - I AGREE.

My point, if that be the case, why is everyone jumping to conclusions & accusing her of being a "junkie" from Middle Island? "READ the details" people. There was nothing printed that stated this woman was drunk, high or found with drugs on her?

Besides, Newsday Reporters are a bunch of bottom-feeders that will jump thru hoops to get a story & even when they do get one, more times than none, they SCREW-UP the FACTS! Don't be so quick to accuse & judge~ This is 2008 not 1692 during the Salem Witch Trials!

LONG ISLAND! U.S.A.

#14 Jul 11, 2008
Molly is my name wrote:
<quoted text>
Any parent who drives when high with their child in the car is irresponsible. They should have their child taken away until they can prove they are responsible. If she is your friend, don't you have an obligation to not only her but her child? I'm not sure what your comment about royalty means, but your friend is an irresponsible idiot to put her daughter in jeopardy.
Why should the FRIEND have any OBLIGATION to be her friend's KEEPER? I agree, if I were at a social, I wouldn't consciously let anyone I knew or didn't know drink & drive or drive "high" wasted on drugs, but we're talking about a woman who lives in Nassau County & one that lives clearly at least a good 35-40 min. drive away! That is clearly not reasonable. The guilty Mother is 25 yrs. old & should be responsible for HERSELF & HER OWN ACTIONS!

South Shore of LI

#15 Jul 12, 2008
JOMAX wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the FRIEND have any OBLIGATION to be her friend's KEEPER? I agree, if I were at a social, I wouldn't consciously let anyone I knew or didn't know drink & drive or drive "high" wasted on drugs, but we're talking about a woman who lives in Nassau County & one that lives clearly at least a good 35-40 min. drive away! That is clearly not reasonable. The guilty Mother is 25 yrs. old & should be responsible for HERSELF & HER OWN ACTIONS!
Of course the mother is responsible for her own actions. I still think that a friend should intervene when a child is put in jeopardy.

South Shore of LI

#16 Jul 12, 2008
JOMAX wrote:
BTW - Your all reading way too much into MEDIA-HYPE. For all you know, though I may be wrong, this woman may have been on prescription meds. & was not capable of driving. STILL MAKES HER GUILTY - I AGREE.
My point, if that be the case, why is everyone jumping to conclusions & accusing her of being a "junkie" from Middle Island? "READ the details" people. There was nothing printed that stated this woman was drunk, high or found with drugs on her?
Besides, Newsday Reporters are a bunch of bottom-feeders that will jump thru hoops to get a story & even when they do get one, more times than none, they SCREW-UP the FACTS! Don't be so quick to accuse & judge~ This is 2008 not 1692 during the Salem Witch Trials!
The first sentence says it all. "A Middle Island woman was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and endangering the welfare of a child after she crashed her car in Shirley yesterday with her 3-year-old daughter in it, police said."

She was charged with driving under the influence of drugs. I think we can infer that she was high. It's not a big leap.

LONG ISLAND! U.S.A.

#18 Jul 12, 2008
Molly is my name wrote:
<quoted text>
The first sentence says it all. "A Middle Island woman was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of drugs and endangering the welfare of a child after she crashed her car in Shirley yesterday with her 3-year-old daughter in it, police said."
She was charged with driving under the influence of drugs. I think we can infer that she was high. It's not a big leap.
AGAIN, & I state, "MEDIA-HYPE"! Its soo typical. Ya'll can be so SMALL-MINDED. What is NEWDAY, a 3rd or a 5th grade reading/comprehension level newspaper? LMAO! WHATEVER! Take it as you like - MISS JUDGE, JURY & EXECUTIONER! BTW, You failed to answer my ? as to wheter or not "YOU" YOURSELF WERE SUCH A SAINT BEHIND THE WHEEL??? I'D PUT MONEY ON IT THAT YOU AIN'T & "WIN"! LMAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Memorial Day 4 hr hodoo 22
News Retired Teacher From Holbrook Arrested For Chil... (Jan '13) 8 hr Happy not 3
MBV Residents interviewed 12 hr hodoo 2
Congratulations Mr. Daly 16 hr hodoo 31
Go Mastic Beach Advocate!!! Wed hodoo 39
Betty, Betty, Betty Tue hodoo 25
What is the story behind the real suicides of H... (Jun '07) Tue Steve o 33
More from around the web

Middle Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]