Cops arrest man in Mastic Beach fatal shooting

Jan 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday.com

Almost four months after police found 24-year-old Justin Liggon shot to death on a Mastic Beach street, they have arrested the 22-year-old Mastic man they said killed him.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jun 1, 2013
droppedhondaz

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

why dont they say why he did it,or what the motive was?
Badtothebone

Yorktown Heights, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

droppedhondaz wrote:
why dont they say why he did it,or what the motive was?

Most likely there is no reason or motive. He's probably one of those schmucks who will shoot you for looking at him crooked.
bill cercuse

Central Islip, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

they were best friends and out of nowhere booom wow
Tonytee l961

Emerson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Judged:

Dark folk are known to be quick with the trigger
Hiz Big Sis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

Judged:

Tonytee l961 wrote:
What the F%*ck is that suppose to mean get a LIFE!!!
Whoa Nellie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2010

Judged:

Tonytee l961 wrote:
White Trash Alert!!!!!!!!!!
Nameless

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Actually they weren't friends then "boom"... I mean even a moron knows it doesn't work like that. The kid stole the other ones bike and he dealt with the situation in a dramatic way, because for some reason the people in mastic feel the need to be "hood", yet I'm sure there was more hatred between the two boys hense the reason his bike was stolen. I've heard a lot of the situation from living in town and knowing names from school and if you ask me they are both guilty, but if I were them I just would have reported the bike stolen instead of shooting the kid, but that's where the line is drawn from low class to high class. Well, there's my input.
huh

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Nameless wrote:
Actually they weren't friends then "boom"... I mean even a moron knows it doesn't work like that. The kid stole the other ones bike and he dealt with the situation in a dramatic way, because for some reason the people in mastic feel the need to be "hood", yet I'm sure there was more hatred between the two boys hense the reason his bike was stolen. I've heard a lot of the situation from living in town and knowing names from school and if you ask me they are both guilty, but if I were them I just would have reported the bike stolen instead of shooting the kid, but that's where the line is drawn from low class to high class. Well, there's my input.
Your input would be wrong then. Nothing to do with a bike.
Nameless

Ridgewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Well u apparently don't know more then what this post says, go ahead and think what u want though, that's what it is and where the problems started. I've heard this same story through many people who know the guys well. That was for people who didn't know, like this person named "huh"
cuttie01

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

Judged:

Tonytee l961 wrote:
yes i agree get the itialian mob to move in shit will change asap
cuttie01

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2010

huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your input would be wrong then. Nothing to do with a bike.
i'm sure it's drugs or gang let them all kill one another who gives a shit one less low class yeah
wf parent

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Tonytee l961 wrote:
{ and us light folks are quick to beat up Mexicans!Mmmm
wf parent

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Whoa Nellie wrote:
<quoted text>White Trash Alert!!!!!!!!!!
< Yes white Trailer Trash with no teeth and dirty hair working@ pathmark in shirley, LMFAO......
wf parent

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

cuttie01 wrote:
<quoted text>yes i agree get the itialian mob to move in shit will change asap
{To funny ,defiantly to much T.v! WOW
4 felonies

Huntington Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

He was arrested Jan 22, 2010 for a total of 4 felonies. Yet he was Released on Recognizance. One of the felonies involved Heroin, and the other a firearm/weapon. Wow, I bet if I got arrested for jaywalking I would be held on some bail....

Duh...
huh

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2010

Sorry folks, it was all about a girl! Thats it. One would think it was about drug first, seeing how he was selling drugs(victim), but it was about a girl.
Sorry nameless, i got it from the cops investigating the crime. The only way they caught the guy, was one of his "friends" turned him in after they were arrested.
Average Day

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Judged:

Just a Average day in Mastic no big deal (Drive By shooting")

Kids wacking each other with automatic weapons.

Mastic sounds like a great place to live.
Nope

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

huh wrote:
Sorry folks, it was all about a girl! Thats it. One would think it was about drug first, seeing how he was selling drugs(victim), but it was about a girl.
Sorry nameless, i got it from the cops investigating the crime. The only way they caught the guy, was one of his "friends" turned him in after they were arrested.
um listen u don't eve know nf that wasn't y
bestt heree

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Nameless wrote:
your a waste of time nd breath. mastic ain low class.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Middle Island Discussions

Search the Middle Island Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) 18 min Time for more arrests 204
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr land of the slaves 6,371
Seafest sucks,again 1 hr Rimm a Linga Dingdong 9
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 3 hr voter 6,366
Greenport principal to replace Hynes 5 hr Siskeeter 1
survivors of sociopath and narcissistic relatio... 8 hr Psychopath free 1
survivors of sociopath and narcissistic relatio... 8 hr Psychopath free 1
•••
•••

Middle Island News Video

•••
•••

Middle Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••