Police probe death of Medford bicyclist struck by SUV

Full story: Newsday

Harry Holden was riding his bicycle about a block from his Medford home early yesterday when he and another bicyclist were struck fatally by an SUV.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Feb 9, 2010

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 2, 2008
Another moron bike riding at 4AM. No doubt without lights and looking for drugs. Mentioning he was going to be a day laborer means he was also illegal.
Night Owl

Montvale, NJ

#2 Oct 2, 2008
Harry shoud've been home sleeping.If he was he'd be alive today.Addiction kills.
michelle

AOL

#3 Oct 2, 2008
This whole thing sounds ridiculous. Who REALLY rides their bike at 4:00am in the morning. Something is up with that!!
rick james

Yorktown Heights, NY

#4 Oct 2, 2008
i smoke rocks
sul

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Oct 2, 2008
Some people go to work early a**holes! And he was NOT illegal. He was going to where the day laborers were. Grow up & have some damn respect.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Oct 2, 2008
sul wrote:
Some people go to work early a**holes! And he was NOT illegal. He was going to where the day laborers were. Grow up & have some damn respect.
And yet, he was unemployed. That rules out going to work early. Splat.
NYC

New York, NY

#7 Oct 2, 2008
sul wrote:
Where did he work?

Hanging out at 7-11 doesn't count.

Where was his car? Why was he riding with a homeless guy?
Bill cahill

United States

#8 Sep 28, 2009
If any of you knew the boy I knew in Harry holden he was 17 and I was 16 both walked many nights alone in yaphank and coram and Medford he was half Korean half American and a good kid... Both of our parents wanted nothing to do with us so out we were unwelcome at home we watched out for each other.... At 18 I joined the marine Corp.... I heard he fell to crack and did ten yrs in jail you didn't last long my old friend.... The hades horseman lived on in us
Bill cahill

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2009
sul wrote:
did you know know him sul..... I'm going to ny this week and will give his family a card and a rose..... And a story about the good that was in him.... The Harry I knew at 17 in 1989
rob

Lake Ariel, PA

#10 Feb 9, 2010
i knew harry growing up for a long time ,and i was shocked, he did crack, so we stopped hanging out, i am sad that i did that maybe if i knocked some sense into him maybe he would be alive today......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Mastic Beach woman, Julieann Klopfer, d... 20 min hoodo 5
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 1 hr Dantheman 133
Slime Bags (May '12) 1 hr Busted 10
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Figo01 441
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
Former teacher gets 18 years for raping bartender (Nov '09) 20 hr resident 14
bruce and maura are useless Sun hoodo 71
•••

Air Quality Alert for Suffolk County was issued at September 02 at 10:14AM EDT

•••

Middle Island News Video

•••
Middle Island Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Middle Island Jobs