Dogs, owners enjoy new Brookhaven dog...

Dogs, owners enjoy new Brookhaven dog park

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 26, 2008, titled Dogs, owners enjoy new Brookhaven dog park. In it, Newsday reports that:

Savoring the scents of a new place to explore, Buddy Love, a 4-year-old golden retriever, scampered on the dirt and around the pine trees of Brookhaven 's dog park, which had its grand opening Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Bark

AOL

#1 Apr 26, 2008
where is the park?
marie

Hempstead, NY

#2 Apr 27, 2008
i think its a wonderful for people to be able to take their dogs so that they can have the freedom to run around and for people to meet people who care about animals and have a common interest i wish i could own a dog today but i am not well enough to care for them
roundabout

Bronx, NY

#3 Apr 27, 2008
Quote "His owner, Cathy Loria, a former pizzeria owner from Middle Island, promised her dog that the two would come to the dog park every day"

Promise her dog ??? What a nut bag !!!! Only a whack makes a promise to a dog...I'll bet the dog wears a sweater too ...
My taxes going for a dog park...Oy vey !!!!
Now Ive Seen It All

Massapequa, NY

#4 Apr 27, 2008
Another reason our taxes are sky high! Dog parks, skateboard ramps, boat launches, astroturf fields. It goes on and on. Whatever happened to a bit of grass, a few benches and a small playground (not one designed by an archetect)?
dog fan

Deer Park, NY

#5 Apr 27, 2008
On the north side of Middle Country Road in Middle Island immediately east of the former K-Mart building with the huge asphalt parking lot (across from Artist Lake). You access it along the eastern edge of the K-Mart property
Bark wrote:
where is the park?
luanne

AOL

#6 Apr 27, 2008
where do you get a "pooch pass"?
Lesley

Berkeley, CA

#7 Apr 29, 2008
Friday May 2 is my birthday. I can't think of a better way to spend it than for us to find a beach where I can run along the shore with our little dog "Dexter". We live in Queens. Where can we go, since it's still off-season, where we won't be chased away?
toothless crack head

Tucson, AZ

#8 Apr 29, 2008
Yeah, I have only one question. How many homeless people do you have to step over to get into the park for your pets? I know a cat lady, when are they building her a cat park?
linda

Stormville, NY

#9 Aug 17, 2008
where is this park I can't beleave this!!!
dog lover

Bronx, NY

#10 Aug 17, 2008
linda wrote:
where is this park I can't beleave this!!!
Route 25 in middle island, you need to go into the old kmart parking lot and go all the way to the rear of bulding and there is the park

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We are all in favor of appropriate tax raises i... 2 hr 11951Ratdog 8
Squatter Joe is wrong for MBV (Dec '15) Fri 11951Ratdog 19
piece of shitt SPERY Jul 26 Anonymous 67
mastic village being dissolved Jul 25 Scum bags 105
Hookups in sayville Jul 22 sayville16 1
petition to disolve the village of mastic beach... (Dec '10) Jul 22 11951Ratdog 202
Squatters and high grass Jul 19 Really dumb 43

Middle Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Middle Island Mortgages