Clinton Central School repairs

Full story: WLFI Lafayette

State law said voters must approve high school projects that cost $20 million or more and $10 million or more at the elementary and middle school level.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Jan 27, 2009
Anonymous

Lemont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Perhaps when the state takes over the money which is suppose to be this year, they can try to figure out all of these worries! Schools have been cut from the budget for years! However, football teams get a brand new stadium when the old one wasn't even really paid off! I wish the state lots of luck! Oh, by they way, don't forget to pay your teachers!
Anonymous

Lemont, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

I am not saying that I don't like football but come on! Football is an event that an "average family of four" of which a teacher is included, like myself can't afford to go to and then the taxes want to increase that much! I don't live in Clinton county but, I do live nearby and am a teacher in a rural school! A can of soda a day would equals $219/year! That doesn't even cover my heating cost for the past month let alone taxes! Where is my bailout! I have paid my mortgage for years, who is going to bail out my two children who have the next 12 years of school? Is Payton Manning? Is the retiring Dungee, who can afford two houses: one of which is in Florida? I don't think so! Let those guys buy one can of soda a day! I am sure they don't even do that, rather they get contract to sell the soda and in turn they get it for free! At some point, we must be accountable for the excess spending whether or not it was intentional or not!
Anon

Middleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

These school boards need to learn to stop leeching money from the taxes for exorbitant Superintendent pay packages, teachers who aren't teaching, and spend more on actual education. There's no excuse for a taxpayer funded school corporation to have a school falling apart. Live within your means or get out!
ANON

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

I have spent 7 years at that school and they have done just fine with having the student body meet in the gyms at either the high school or elementary level when they have a guest speaker. I feel that they need to spend the money that they have towards fixing the school and not building any new buildings or adding on. They spend how much money on the football field in which has an underground sprinkler system. They seem to like spending their money on the sports and nothing else. I'm sorry, but not everyone playing in sports will get a scholarship to go to college. It is just for fun. I do not agree with Mr. Boley when he says that most of the tax payers won't notice the increase well I hate to tell him, but the ones that will are going to be the farmers in which are getting hurt just as much as any one else in the community. The farmers are the ones who own much of the properity in the Clinton Central School Distict.It just seems to boil down to the fact that they see another rural school getting to expand so they think that they need to too. And for my last thought for this issue is...
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF WHAT YOU NOW THEN HOW DOES THE PUBLIC EXCEPT YOU TO TAKE CARE OF THE NEW IN WHICH THEY ARE HAVING TO PAY FOR!! Your going to have to prove to the public that they can take care of what they have now before they are going to want to pay for something else that they don't really need to do the emrollment.
Patrick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2009

Ya know what? Shove it. Taxes R getting way too out of hand. Uncle Sam (wishes he didn't exist) takes taxes out of us in everyway and form possible. So quit yanking money out of us and ask it from the government that makes and controls the money population. U stupid government don't have to work as hard for Ur money like us real workers in the real world do. Now deal with it. Alot of us don't even get all our taxes back. Thank U
Are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

maybe this can be the areas new Juvenlie hall!
Are you kidding

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

just joking
JAK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

Another school system wanting to soak the taxpayer again. It's not about education any more !!
Clinton Central Mom

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2009

I know the school needs fixed and if the school would do some fundraising of it's own then I'd be glad to meet them 1/2 way on the REPAIRS needed to bring our school up to code. Need a new gym? how about filling in that swimming pool that isnt needed and there you go instant new gym in the place of swimming pool that no one can afford to keep up. then the multi purpose room can be a cafateria and you wont have to tear out those kindergarden rooms which were built just 5 or so years ago. Then we wont need new kindergarden rooms. OH YEAH, and how is this new auditorium going to help the fact that only 58.3% of all the students in this school grades 7-12 passed ISTEPs this year? That is well below state average... we definitly need to talk #'s but lets make them in regards to isteps and stop taking food from my children with your tax increases. I cant afford this nor can any of my neighbors most fighting forclosure. Get real and vote HELL NO

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michigantown Discussions

Search the Michigantown Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
im a potty mouth 13 min truth teller 15
city in the black 15 min truth teller 12
Inmates express themselves through art 18 min Tidbit 1
end for the city pool? 4 hr cya 3
john Gregory 10 hr tammy Stroud 1
ccso 21 hr Insider 3
old cvs bulding Tue Obvious 14
•••
•••