First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Okkkkkkk

Frankfort, IN

#1 Aug 10, 2013
Interesting article in Journal this morning. Comes down to whether our council and commissioners deserve County Health insurance when they don't put in anything close to 30 hrs a week. They really shouldn't be eligible.
Read the article about how Tippecanoe County will no longer offer insurance to its councilmen.
http://m.jconline.com/topstories/article...
nope

Elkhart, IN

#2 Aug 10, 2013
Okkkkkkk wrote:
Interesting article in Journal this morning. Comes down to whether our council and commissioners deserve County Health insurance when they don't put in anything close to 30 hrs a week. They really shouldn't be eligible.
Read the article about how Tippecanoe County will no longer offer insurance to its councilmen.
http://m.jconline.com/topstories/article...
I can't speak for the current council and commissioners but in the past that is the only reason many run for the office. Many times they can retire but can't because they are not old enough for Medicare. If the county workers have to be on the job 30 hours so should they.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

#3 Aug 12, 2013
Ya hit the NAIL on the head! Jest fer yer information...... NONE of the Commissioners TAKE the Insurance. ALL of the Councilmen DO! Tell ya anything? And the Councilmen are the ones and doin all the FIGHTIN with the commissioners about makin the INSURANCE "More affordable"????? Food fer Thought
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

#4 Aug 12, 2013
I wonder why Steve Woods does NOT use the same insurance he offers his employees at the IGA. Or why his son Eric uses the city insurance and NOT the IGA insurance. In my opinion both the County Council and the City Council stink!!!!! that's right they stink, nothing but a bunch of self serving little bastards.

Michigantown, IN

#5 Aug 12, 2013
Al Czervik wrote:
I wonder why Steve Woods does NOT use the same insurance he offers his employees at the IGA. Or why his son Eric uses the city insurance and NOT the IGA insurance. In my opinion both the County Council and the City Council stink!!!!! that's right they stink, nothing but a bunch of self serving little bastards.
Cuase they have ta PAY fer it! it is a PERK it ya are a Councilman! They say "Oh poor Councilmen, they werk so hard get no pay so let's give em free to low cost insurance ta make UP fer it"! Don't KNOW about the boy cause HE werks fer the city and probably get THEIR Insurance. Jest know that the MAJORITY of the COUNCIL is a suckin up the Insurance cause they are 1. FARMERS, 2.Grocery Store Owners, 3. Real Estate Brokers,4 Retired Business Men that have NO Insurance and DON'T wanna dip inta THEIR pockets TOO deep ta pay!
Ridgeline

Tempe, AZ

#6 Aug 12, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for the current council and commissioners but in the past that is the only reason many run for the office. Many times they can retire but can't because they are not old enough for Medicare. If the county workers have to be on the job 30 hours so should they.
I agree. I can't speak to commissioner compensation and rate of pay, however; in adjoining communities such as Tippecanoe, councilmen don't make squat. The benefit to doing this "side job" (which it is for most people) is having the health insurance. You can retire at 62, but Medicare benfits don't kick in until 65, does that make any sense? What do you do for 3 years? Especially with a pre-existing condition. You can't deny our health care system in this country is a mess. We have to take care of our people,the hard-working Americans. You can walk into this country on a passport or even sneak in here and we as tax payers will foot your bill at the good ol' local ER right? The person has gone back to their own country, or in hiding due to immigration status and the bill never gets paid. This country is ours, and if anyone gets health care- it should be our citizens and especially our veterans. Now, to get back to whether or not the taxpayers foot the bill for the councilen and councilwomen and commissioners etc.. Govt. jobs traditionally have provided good bennies because the rate of pay usually sucks. As for farmers, they are the backbone of this country, they work hard and what would we do without them? The few extra dollars that it costs to provide these people with insurance is negligible when you look at the waste in the health care system- especially with Medicaid. All the ER hoppers who run in for a cold or a ingrown toenail and stupid crap like that. How much money do you think is wasted by unecessary tests being ordered? Or running to the ER, when you could have went to a clinic? You're not seeing the forest through the trees, look at the broader picture. The provision of free health care in this country to those who don't deserve and those who abuse, waste and take advantage. The few bucks spent to provide decent health care to those in office is a pebble in the ocean. The ripple just ain't gonna be much.
Ridgeline

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Aug 12, 2013
I guess this is gonna be a moot point once Obama care takes over right? As far as the 30 hour thing, I can see where that has some merit. The bottom line is everyone needs access to decent health care. For cripe sakes, this isn't a third world country is it? When will we get our priorities straight in this country? If you are as poor as dirt- free health care is available. If you're wealthy, you have good care. If you're the middle/low middle class you work your tail off to make ends meet, pay high deductibles or you don't have any health care at all. How many of you have been without insurance? I have and it's not a good place to be.

Michigantown, IN

#8 Aug 12, 2013
Ridgeline wrote:
I guess this is gonna be a moot point once Obama care takes over right? As far as the 30 hour thing, I can see where that has some merit. The bottom line is everyone needs access to decent health care. For cripe sakes, this isn't a third world country is it? When will we get our priorities straight in this country? If you are as poor as dirt- free health care is available. If you're wealthy, you have good care. If you're the middle/low middle class you work your tail off to make ends meet, pay high deductibles or you don't have any health care at all. How many of you have been without insurance? I have and it's not a good place to be.
It is NOT gonna make any points in Clinton County with Obamacare I fear, fer the Council. Look a a Few of the Councilmen that are ON the Council? The President of the Council is President of the Council, President of the Airport Authority and a VERY Prosperious Farmer in Clinton County. TWO County positions he is paid fer. Council 1 day per month Airport Authority 1 day per month (He'll SAY he spends PLENTY of His PERSONAL time on these posts) Remember HE ask fer the Posts! HE spent PLENTY of HIS money ta Get ELECTED ta the Council! Another County Councilman Owns one of the Grocerystores in Frankfort. Spends NO money on election cause he and his son have it worked out ta use the same old signs they have used fer the past 2 elections! The signs just state Vote (@($$#W) fer Council THAT covers City AND County. Pretty Handy EHH? A THIRD Councilman LIVES in MY Area a KNOWN Wealthy retired businessman and fer the LIFE of me I have NO idee WHAT he has done in the past (howmany?) years he has been on the council? Other than get ta go out ta that Stupid IT Director's House last year and "So-called" take the County Property away from that house! THEN there's ANOTHER Councilman that made it QUITE apparent HE was a gonna LIVE in Florida in the Winter and FLY back here once a month fer the meetins. Now THAT'S a REALLY workin fer yer Constituents there Mr. Councilman! Ya want this ol guy ta go on??? ALL This ol guy has LEFT ta say is: Remember History 101- Our Founding Fathers did this work fer NUTHIN! NO fringe benifits! They considered it an HONOR ta SERVE! "What has happened ta THAT kind of Politician"? City of FRANKFORT ta County of CLINTON?? Let's ASK our Politicians THAT QUESTION??????

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Aug 12, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
Remember History 101- Our Founding Fathers did this work fer NUTHIN! NO fringe benifits! They considered it an HONOR ta SERVE! "What has happened ta THAT kind of Politician"? City of FRANKFORT ta County of CLINTON?? Let's ASK our Politicians THAT QUESTION??????
Perhaps you need to run for elected office, show them how it's supposed to be done.

I will vote for you.

Michigantown, IN

#10 Aug 12, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to run for elected office, show them how it's supposed to be done.
I will vote for you.
No ya wouldn't. YOU have made it QUITE obvious in this site, as fer as POLITICS goes: YOU are VERY satisfied with the
"STATUS QUO"! Didn't think This ol guy KNEW any of yer Big ol Werds Did ya! And DO not ask ME ta LIST all yer posts We ALL have read em that YOU are satisfied!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Aug 13, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
<quoted text> No ya wouldn't. YOU have made it QUITE obvious in this site, as fer as POLITICS goes: YOU are VERY satisfied with the
"STATUS QUO"! Didn't think This ol guy KNEW any of yer Big ol Werds Did ya! And DO not ask ME ta LIST all yer posts We ALL have read em that YOU are satisfied!
Give us your platform and I will definitely consider voting for you.

We need a "no nonsense, no spending" kind of guy in local politics. Aren't you that guy?
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#12 Aug 13, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us your platform and I will definitely consider voting for you.
We need a "no nonsense, no spending" kind of guy in local politics. Aren't you that guy?
I am not sure if nu-viewer is that kind of guy but I can certainly tell you 7 councilmen and the mayor certainly aren't!!
Caught yet again

Nonthaburi, Thailand

#13 Aug 13, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
I will vote for you.
Then the next post says he would consider voting for Nu Viewer.

But in prior posts, he indicates he lives within the city boundaries.

Caught once again in a lie.

Politician? Could be.
Serving on some of the boards that people are complaining about? Highly Likely.
One of the faithful few supporters? Most definitely.

You, "frank", are quite the liar aren't you.
no one

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Aug 13, 2013
N.V. it must be frustrating to be that smart and not be able to show yourself. See if you can respond in under 100 words, remember we are all a lot stupider than you.
Wow

Frankfort, IN

#15 Aug 13, 2013
The county doesn't allow an employees spouse to be on county insurance if their own employer pays for more than 50% of the cost of insurance. How is that right? Especially when a part time council member who owns his own business is allowed on county insurance. I bet his actual income far excedes what some spouses of county employees make.
Outsider

Michigantown, IN

#16 Aug 13, 2013
no one wrote:
N.V. it must be frustrating to be that smart and not be able to show yourself. See if you can respond in under 100 words, remember we are all a lot stupider than you.
Just like the rest of the people on here... They don't show themselves. Punjab can say it has an account, but that doesn't mean anything. This is the 21st century. Everything can be traced thru IP's, Mac's, and other markers.
Caught yet again

Nonthaburi, Thailand

#17 Aug 13, 2013
no one wrote:
It must be frustrating to you as well.

Michigantown, IN

#18 Aug 13, 2013
And when Push comes ta Shove and the rubber hits the road and the pedal hits the metal and anything ELSE this ol guy can come up with -What the HEN does it REALLY matter WHO we are? Everbody's got an opinion. Theire like navels, We ALL GOT one and MOST of em STINK! BUT we got one. THAT's why this site was a put UP ta begin with ta Let people VENT. So quit a worrin about Who people are Where ther from and FIGER out how WE are a gonna CLEAN up THIS mess in the CITY and the COUNTY! Cause it's APPARENT our Elected officials BY-Gadfrey have got things in a HORRIBLE MESS!
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#19 Aug 13, 2013
nu-viewer wrote:
And when Push comes ta Shove and the rubber hits the road and the pedal hits the metal and anything ELSE this ol guy can come up with -What the HEN does it REALLY matter WHO we are? Everbody's got an opinion. Theire like navels, We ALL GOT one and MOST of em STINK! BUT we got one. THAT's why this site was a put UP ta begin with ta Let people VENT. So quit a worrin about Who people are Where ther from and FIGER out how WE are a gonna CLEAN up THIS mess in the CITY and the COUNTY! Cause it's APPARENT our Elected officials BY-Gadfrey have got things in a HORRIBLE MESS!
Yes, Bert and Skip have this county in total chaos...Hell, Bert doesn't give two cares what the council thinks. He has his one track agenda and get out of his way...
WELL

Goshen, IN

#20 Aug 13, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Bert and Skip have this county in total chaos...Hell, Bert doesn't give two cares what the council thinks. He has his one track agenda and get out of his way...
The county council certainly doesn't give 2 shits about the employees either...depends on who you are as to whether you get to keep your job. So by crocky don't cross 'em or you're out the door!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TPA Christmas lights Dec 4 whitebuffalo 1
Hey Shaun Dec 4 Gertie36 9
old stoney Dec 3 Sadness 52
Rossville Town Marshall (Jan '16) Dec 1 Tomcats 109
President Trump Nov 29 Guy 35
Rons quick mart Nov 26 Proud 15
Court hearing Nov 20 Anni7610 6

Michigantown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance