12 arrested in Frankfort, mostly on d...

12 arrested in Frankfort, mostly on drug charges

There are 56 comments on the Journal and Courier story from Dec 4, 2013, titled 12 arrested in Frankfort, mostly on drug charges. In it, Journal and Courier reports that:

Frankfort police arrested 12 people Tuesday evening in the department's largest drug warrant service operation in recent years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal and Courier.

Homer

United States

#22 Dec 16, 2013
So who got caught??
InTheMist

Elkhart, IN

#23 Dec 19, 2013
cld wrote:
Why is it any of the articles ive read about this everyone wants to focus on the apperance of the people. These people are addicts probably selling to support their addict. Being an addict takes a toll on your physical and mental state. If they did have children sadly they were not properly cared for. Addiction is a disease and it is very hard to maintain. An addict is a very selfish person and they wil do whatever it takes no matter the consequences. I know all of this first hand because i once was this person. The people that were arrested luckily can receive help in prison. Wether they want it or not clinton county is starting to sentence people to therapeutic communities. I can say on my behalf if i wouldn't of been sent to prison and forced into a TC program i wouldn't be alive today. So maybe we shouldn't be so superficial. Maybe we shouldn't judge soneone for their apperance. We have no idea the struggles they go through. I can only hope they do get the help they need to become better parents and people in general.
Why wouldn't we focus on appearance, or any of the other internal or external damages caused by drug use? Let's face the facts: Drug use ruins lives, not just the user's life, but everyone who is a part of it. The haggard, toothless gaunt appearance is just another gift you get from the addiction. I am all for helping people overcome their addictions, but we need to be "real" about what it is. It's ugly, it will steal your life, your dreams, your health, your looks and your relationships. There are a lot of reasons people turn to drugs, alcohol... or any other fix. We are a society of unhappy people and we are always looking for a "crutch" a way to cover up our hurt, depression etc... I know what "they" go through... but pick yourself up- admit the damage you did to yourself, those around you and the only body you have.
InTheMist

Elkhart, IN

#24 Dec 19, 2013
really wrote:
If you have children, you should never do drugs in the FIRST PLACE, then there's NEVER a risk for addiction. When you're a good parent, you sacrifice in ALL accounts for you children. PERIOD. I'm a compassionate person, but there's no room for ANY compassion for those who become addicted after they have kids. NONE AT ALL. People like that do not deserve children. PERIOD.
That's right, you shouldn't do drugs if you are pregnant or have children, However, the amount of drug use in this country is unfathomable. Your next door neighbor, school teacher, politician (oh yeah! Hey Canucks!) or anybody else you think isn't using- probably is in some form or fashion. Most people have some kind of "escape," whether it be over-eating, smoking, drinking, drug use etc... take your pick... all addictions- some legal, some not- but the need to have something to damper the emotions, boredom and pain are real. Like it or not, we have a BIG problem, not only in this community, but the entire US and world. I don't believe addicts even think about being a parent in relation to their drug use. All they do is fixate on the drug, and their parental responsibilities go out the window. These poor kids, most don't have a chance and they enter this world already damaged by drug use in the womb. This country is in a sad state of affairs. These people don't deserve children, no child should have to go through that hell. There are people out there trying to adopt while others treat their kids like trash. There is no cure, solution or end to this. You can treat one person at a time and hope they recover- that's it. You can try to recoup what is left of these kids with fetal alcohol syndrome and hope they move on to a productive life. It's sad, but what do you do? We live in a free society, and along with that comes the freedom to live your life the way you want. What should not be free, is the ability to drag the innocent down with you. Nobody has the right to do that.
InTheMist

Elkhart, IN

#25 Dec 19, 2013
And I should add.... not only the kids with fetal alcohol syndrome, but born with meth addiction etc......aware of one individual with 4 children born addicted to drugs. All were taken away and live with family members. This is beyond what I can even imagine.... what do we do with someone like this? I say mandatory sterilization....now we just stomped on our right t freedom... so what is the answer for a person like this? Oh by the way- you an I are paying to have her children raised because she decided to be irresponsible and use drugs. Her own mother can't even wrap herself around it. She thinks her daughter I being "mistreated". If the first one was sterilized...(mother) the rest would have never happened.
sounds like

Carmel, IN

#26 Dec 22, 2013
this town is getting a college and lots of good things going on mr.mcbarnes hasn't addressed this issue the sorounding counties have drug courts that focus on these issues and help people that make mistakes such as these and they save tax money via not throwing these types of people in our prisons to become worse criminals they have them in programs that help them and if they burn that chance then yes throw them out of society but as you all were saying some of these people have children that need parents and they may or may not have known the severity of their choices and need help getting their lives on the right track. maybe this town needs more programs and people that care but sounds like there is plenty of tax money to put these guy away so they can go to prison with real criminals and possibly become worse people than they are and then their children can follow because their parents weren't there. Repeat the cycle or come up with ways to help these families and possibly break the cycle . whats this mayor have to say?
jaba

United States

#27 Dec 22, 2013
Terrorist are distributing drugs to keep citizens hooked! It is true!
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#28 Dec 23, 2013
sounds like wrote:
this town is getting a college and lots of good things going on mr.mcbarnes hasn't addressed this issue the sorounding counties have drug courts that focus on these issues and help people that make mistakes such as these and they save tax money via not throwing these types of people in our prisons to become worse criminals they have them in programs that help them and if they burn that chance then yes throw them out of society but as you all were saying some of these people have children that need parents and they may or may not have known the severity of their choices and need help getting their lives on the right track. maybe this town needs more programs and people that care but sounds like there is plenty of tax money to put these guy away so they can go to prison with real criminals and possibly become worse people than they are and then their children can follow because their parents weren't there. Repeat the cycle or come up with ways to help these families and possibly break the cycle . whats this mayor have to say?
Laughable!!!

Since: Nov 13

Vernon Hills, IL

#29 Dec 23, 2013
I want to see all of these criminals and that is exactly what they are "CRIMINALS" taken out of our community for the maximum number of years allowed by law. They are a cancer and slowly killing and corrupting our community young and old. I want these drug dealers getting sentenced to so many years in prison that it sends a message to other dealers that will be heard loud and clear. Zero tolerance is what I say for these drug dealing scum. I do not care about their addiction or whatever problems they say they might have. Prison time will cure their addiction just fine.
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#30 Dec 23, 2013
tonguepuncheddirtbox wrote:
I want to see all of these criminals and that is exactly what they are "CRIMINALS" taken out of our community for the maximum number of years allowed by law. They are a cancer and slowly killing and corrupting our community young and old. I want these drug dealers getting sentenced to so many years in prison that it sends a message to other dealers that will be heard loud and clear. Zero tolerance is what I say for these drug dealing scum. I do not care about their addiction or whatever problems they say they might have. Prison time will cure their addiction just fine.
Not to be a smart ass here, but if parents did a good job educating and putting fear into their children about what happens when they make the wrong decisions, coupled with kids having enough intelligence to walk away from bad situations, this wouldn't be a big problem.

If the users got arrested and held accountable for their actions, that would help too.

You cannot blame it all on the drug dealers. If people don't buy the drugs, then they will most likely move on.

Drug dealing is wrong, period. But don't let the users get off Scott free either.
New News

United States

#31 Dec 23, 2013
I don't feel sorry for any of them. Not a disease, it was a choice.

Since: Nov 13

Vernon Hills, IL

#32 Dec 24, 2013
Absolutely! But the problem with that is that law enforcement has to catch the user in "possession" not just that they think drugs were consumed by a user. It is absolutely much easier to prove drug dealing. I think we better start with the drug dealers first though. It's kind of hard to be a drug user if you can't find a drug dealer to sell you the drugs in the first place. Extensive Prison cures all....
Dumb

Frankfort, IN

#33 Dec 24, 2013
These shit bags will be out in a couple weeks doing it again.
hooked

Elkhart, IN

#34 Dec 24, 2013
sounds like wrote:
this town is getting a college and lots of good things going on mr.mcbarnes hasn't addressed this issue the sorounding counties have drug courts that focus on these issues and help people that make mistakes such as these and they save tax money via not throwing these types of people in our prisons to become worse criminals they have them in programs that help them and if they burn that chance then yes throw them out of society but as you all were saying some of these people have children that need parents and they may or may not have known the severity of their choices and need help getting their lives on the right track. maybe this town needs more programs and people that care but sounds like there is plenty of tax money to put these guy away so they can go to prison with real criminals and possibly become worse people than they are and then their children can follow because their parents weren't there. Repeat the cycle or come up with ways to help these families and possibly break the cycle . whats this mayor have to say?
"Drug courts" and forced rehab are a complete waste of time and taxpayer money. A judge cannot ORDER an addict to go straight! That is not how addictions work. They have to WANT to get off drugs for treatment to be effective. THEY have to take that first step. Most of our Clinton County addicts would not be fine upstanding citizens without their addictions but were already products of their upbringing and SHOOSE to live the lifestyle they are living and were already losers before they ever picked up that first hit of meth/coke/prescription pill or whatever their drug of choice.

Since: Nov 13

Vernon Hills, IL

#35 Dec 24, 2013
Lengthy prison sentences would be a good first step in taking care of drug dealers. Now if you take the drug dealer out of the equation then how does the drug user get his/her drugs? You have to send a zero tolerance message. If one dealer sees that another dealer was sentenced to a very very long time in prison then maybe...just maybe we get dealers to think nah, it just ain't worth the risk. You have to give out scary amounts of prison time so therefore laws need to change too.
InTheMist

Elkhart, IN

#36 Dec 26, 2013
sounds like wrote:
this town is getting a college and lots of good things going on mr.mcbarnes hasn't addressed this issue the sorounding counties have drug courts that focus on these issues and help people that make mistakes such as these and they save tax money via not throwing these types of people in our prisons to become worse criminals they have them in programs that help them and if they burn that chance then yes throw them out of society but as you all were saying some of these people have children that need parents and they may or may not have known the severity of their choices and need help getting their lives on the right track. maybe this town needs more programs and people that care but sounds like there is plenty of tax money to put these guy away so they can go to prison with real criminals and possibly become worse people than they are and then their children can follow because their parents weren't there. Repeat the cycle or come up with ways to help these families and possibly break the cycle . whats this mayor have to say?
Since when did Mc Barnes don his Superman cape? He can't change our drug laws. He is the mayor of a small Indiana town. He can't bring the gavel down either- he's not a judge. Okay, maybe you throw a person convicted of a drug charge in the same cell with a murderer and they become a little "harder"- a "better" criminal of sorts because they are exposed to this backward "dreg" of society. Okay, so what is the solution? Clog up the probation department? Let them off so they can cook up another drug for some kid on the street? Do we need a special prison for the people that are just "mildly bad" criminals? Repeating the cycle: Let me speak to this! It's about choices, we all have them. We all are born under the same free will. I choose not to steal, use drugs, drive drunk, smoke dope.... whatever. These are my choices and because of making the "right" choice, I am not sitting next to "new girlfriend" that I don't want in some dingy old jail cell or prison hole. The mayor has nothing to do with this- maybe responsibility falls upon on own shoulders to do the right things and raise our kids with some values and responsibility. Okay... the argument goes on that yes- there are kids that weren't raised this way. So what now? we coddle them while the teenager that is busting their ass to work, go to college and do the right thing can barely buy food to fill the frig? Let's see, lets give this "mild" offender a job, clothes, a college degree while in prison or jail, feed and clothe them. Lets put them in "drug" classes while we watch their kids. Where the hell do you draw the line. SOMEWHERE SOMETIME SOMEONE has to take responsibility for what they do. We live in a society where SOME people want the government to fix every damn thing. I say get off you dead A$$ and take responsibility for yourself and your actions and quit blaming your misfortunes on others. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#37 Dec 26, 2013
InTheMist wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when did Mc Barnes don his Superman cape? He can't change our drug laws. He is the mayor of a small Indiana town. He can't bring the gavel down either- he's not a judge. Okay, maybe you throw a person convicted of a drug charge in the same cell with a murderer and they become a little "harder"- a "better" criminal of sorts because they are exposed to this backward "dreg" of society. Okay, so what is the solution? Clog up the probation department? Let them off so they can cook up another drug for some kid on the street? Do we need a special prison for the people that are just "mildly bad" criminals? Repeating the cycle: Let me speak to this! It's about choices, we all have them. We all are born under the same free will. I choose not to steal, use drugs, drive drunk, smoke dope.... whatever. These are my choices and because of making the "right" choice, I am not sitting next to "new girlfriend" that I don't want in some dingy old jail cell or prison hole. The mayor has nothing to do with this- maybe responsibility falls upon on own shoulders to do the right things and raise our kids with some values and responsibility. Okay... the argument goes on that yes- there are kids that weren't raised this way. So what now? we coddle them while the teenager that is busting their ass to work, go to college and do the right thing can barely buy food to fill the frig? Let's see, lets give this "mild" offender a job, clothes, a college degree while in prison or jail, feed and clothe them. Lets put them in "drug" classes while we watch their kids. Where the hell do you draw the line. SOMEWHERE SOMETIME SOMEONE has to take responsibility for what they do. We live in a society where SOME people want the government to fix every damn thing. I say get off you dead A$$ and take responsibility for yourself and your actions and quit blaming your misfortunes on others. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it
And in the mean time while you were wasting your time on your comments, drug dealers were still selling drugs!!!! And what was your solution to the problem?
The truth is here

Taylor, MI

#38 Dec 26, 2013
The war on drugs is a joke, and is not what the powers that be claim it is. What it is though is A CASE COW for everyone involved except the user. People will do what they do regardless of sentences, or risks. Only until we make it legal for those same free souls spoken about earlier to consume what they choose to consume will this problem start to subside. Face it government doesn't want that, private prisons don't want that, courts, probation, city's, towns, and about everyone else making serious cash off the "war o drugs" don't want that either. Most of the time the solution is so blatantly obvious if you just use an alternative though process than what you were forced to learn growing up. I see so many comments on here all the time that just scream "I can't think for myself, so I'll say whatever xxxx taught me to say" . Honestly if you think throwing all these people I prison does anything other than wreck society a slight bit further, then you need to open your mind a bit. Prison isn't the answer, tighter laws isn't the answer. Opening the eyes of young people to how this happens is part of the answer. There is alot more at stake here than just stopping drug use, and if you dig deep enough you will see that the only people who actually want drugs to go away are the people that are addicted to them. Everyone else involved in this phony war on drugs wants more and more. They want some more cash to fight a war, a war that cannot be won, will not be won, and they rely on you thinking that they are fighting the good fight, all the while they jack your taxes up a little more and slap a " drug war, drug education, drug interdiction, drug xxxx tag on it". Solution? The public needs to wake up and realize this will never ever ever go away, it was here before the "war on drugs" and it will be here long after anybody reading this is alive. What we need to do is realize that and stop giving all these people money to fight it and maintain it. Instead we need to start bettering our communities and lowering our tax burden by legalizing most drugs. Instead of making the few rich off of a smoke screen, why wouldn't we wake up as a society and realize this is never going away and use it to the entire communities advantage instead of just to advantage those who are already rich and making more money everyday this stays illegal. Less crime due to not needing to rob, steal, or hurt someone to get a fix, less tax money to prosecute and keep these people behind bars. Instead make them pay, Elim ate the dealer, eliminate the crime that goes along with obtaining drugs, eliminate the hundreds of freeloaders doing nothing on your tax dime all under the guise of "war on drugs"
IntheMist

Elkhart, IN

#39 Dec 27, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the mean time while you were wasting your time on your comments, drug dealers were still selling drugs!!!! And what was your solution to the problem?
If anyone had a solution, it would already be in motion now wouldn't it? Don't you have a better come back than a mere sentence or two. I don't think I wasted my time. I'll use it how I choose in this forum or anywhere else. Offer up some intelligent convo and I'll respond.
IntheMist

Elkhart, IN

#40 Dec 27, 2013
By the way, as I said earlier.. there is NO solution.... just work on one person at a time...that is it for a solution.
bahh

Chicago, IL

#41 Jan 18, 2014
if you tell on someone you get out of jail. if you don't tell you get the book thrown at you. they want you to tell so the police have an easier job. cops shouldn't get paid for having other people working for them. it's ok for the police to bribe you but its not ok to bribe the police. i wonder how many informants are doing police work for free while the investigator sits on his as waiting for some good news. there are known snitches out there doing heroin and once they owe their dopeman money they turn them in. i don't agree with people doing drugs but i also don't agree with the cops letting certain people do drugs if they can turn someone in every now and then. the confidential informants need investigated while they're out there doing police work because if they're telling on people for what they're doing themselves just think how this persons personal life must be like. if you tell to get out of trouble you should be kicked out of frankfort for good. they're scumbags

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why errbody hatin on J Roc? Jun 25 King of All Wieners 23
Any where to camp around here (May '15) Jun 19 King of all Wieners 6
Sad for Frankfort Jun 19 King of all Wieners 10
Sports complex Jun 17 Semper Fi 37
I'll say it (Nov '15) Jun 15 King of all Wieners 4
Are there any Painting classes in Frankfort (Dec '15) Jun 15 King of all Wieners 2
Drug problem in Frankfort Jun 15 King of all Weiners 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Michigantown Mortgages