Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Just to let you know this is how this mayor and administration works. They do these things secretly and then they are know were around to explain their justifications. They just happen to be out of town and don't get back with you. They are very sneaky and keniving .
I am one

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
In your original reply, YOU failed to give credit to all involved. I never mentioned that the Mayor didn't give credit to anyone. Instead you rushed to judge me and everyone else who speaks out calling us haters. I only pointed out that the Mayor was not the only one involved in this process. Your statement;
"Everyone mistakes communication with what they call braging." is totally insane. You are so determined to find fault with everyone whose comments you don't like. Well, just to let you in on something.....not everyone is as enamoured with your Mayor as you are.
Your right, not everyone is enamoured, but enough are.

Since: Sep 11

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

It is sad wrote:
if he has committed land without involving our church in the discussion.
From what we were told, the pastor got a call very shortly before things went public.
Is this how christians treat other christians? I see no reason for me to doubt my pastor.
Got some INFO for you "SAD" SOMETIMES and I say that with a Half (GRIN) WILO is Worth Listenin to. And YESTERDAY and TODAY was TWO of those days. Yesterday Your Mayor was a talkin about the STELLAR GROUP commin in May to "VIEW" the City and how "HE was gonna "SHOW OFF" the Accomplishments of Frankfort and the Future Plans of the City and YES "SAD" one of HIS statements was a "SENIOR LIVING CENTER" on the Old Kyger Property. TODAY, That woman from Boyleston (That I GUESS everybody Hates! Was on there and Said SHE called Your Pastor and HE said that YOUR mayor called ONE time and Asked if your church would be INTERESTED in selling the property and that was the END of the conversation. The Lutz woman went ON to say "We have Parkview that is Loosing $300,000.00 a year as a living center, IVY tech wants a Million dollars MORE spent on a Conference Room cause they REFUSE to use the basement of the Times building (like they didn't KNOW it was built along Prairie Creek)"
"And NOW the City wants to go into the Nursing home business with LAND THEY DON"T OWN??" Remember People These are NOT this ol guys words! But I think THAT ol gal had some sense! In MY mind and I have NO Bone in that Dinasore dig- The city is just USING that little church and their property to make it LOOK good for some Economic Development to get, what Ken Hartman (of WILO) yesterday said is a 9-11 million dollar grant that the city will HAVE to match at LEAST 3-4 million of. As long as MY County taxes ain't effected anymore you all over there can do what ya want but ya DO have my sympathys! and I DO feel kind of sorry for that little Church cause I think they God bamboozled in the name of STELLAR GRANT.

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

LOL Interesting that I MEANT GOT bamboozled and I misspelled the word to GOD bamboozled God didn't do it but work in the Name of the Good guy as Some of you said? THAT's called a Frauedian Slip? Or just CREAM making it's way to the TOP of the Milk jug? You decide? LOL
Hmmm

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Here's what I have heard thanks to today's article in the Times. It's on the front page so please don't tell me to go find this, that, or the other.

The City doesn't have the money to give towards this Stellar Communities Program. He is quoted as saying: "So we need to figure out a financial mechanism to come up with those funds". "I guess I need you to ask yourself as City Council Members would you support a potential bond to cover this local match?" (might I add that all grammatical errors in the above sentence should be credited to the newspaper and their reporter)

Here is what I glean from that: "We have spent all of the money that Pippinger gave us in 2012 when we took over".

Why do I have the audacity to say that, you ask? Because of Ivy Tech, that's why. We have promised them a bldg, parking lot spaces which require a swap of land, remodeling and additions to said building, and other unspoken gestures that I am sure will come up at a future time.

If there was money set aside for this Stellar Community Program, then we wouldn't need a bond.

I just don't get it... you give away a couple of million dollars to a school that you won't own, you deceive a community by calling a pastor once when it becomes important to cover your tracks, and now you want a bond, that ultimately will cost us as citizens of Frankfort.

At this point in the game, it seems that being awarded this grant has good and bad implications. The good doesn't need explained because you do that so eloquently through your expensive P.R. releases, your tweeting, your Facebook posts, and the local paper and media coverage. So I won't waste the reader's time with that.

The bad:
Potential Bonds for our matching part.

The potential ambush of a church's property when we have the Park Home that could easily be utilized. Sorry it's not a new bldg, but I think we need to be saving these older buildings if they are structurally stable.

The city is placing all their eggs in one basket with a big percentage of focus on downtown. What about our city entrances? What about business incubation facilities? Tippecanoe has a "Stellar" program happening over on the west side that just recently came on line with huge success.

Do we really need trails and such downtown? Shouldn't we take that money and create some sort of program to deal with our unemployment issue, create job training programs, or work with Work One in Lafayette to capitalize on their program?

All good reasons to carefully reconsider your "business plan"
Hmmm

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Possible Grant wrote:
Its nice to have a mayor that is educated enough to submit a great application for the Steller Community state wide grant. Wether we receive it or not,it would be great for our community! 20 million would be nice!
He and his board of works were apparently educated enough to hand over all the money that the Pippenger administration save during his 4 years to Ivy Tech and now the mayor is asking for some consideration for bonds if the city receives the GRANT.

Sounds like communications degree mayor isn't what we need. I think a business degree or equivalent experience would be better for us. Hell, even the two others would have had enough sense not to blow their wad on something the city will never own.
OMG

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

How many of you bothered to show up for any of the 4 economic redevelopment meetings held earlier this year? Much of this was explained then and the public was given the opportunity to ask questions and make comments at that time.
The Stellar Communities award is a fabulous opportunity for Frankfort to have growth and revitilization. If you had bothered to attend the first meeting, they stated very clearly what the award entailed and what was required to potentially win the award. The function of it is not to directly create jobs, but that is likely to happen indirectly. The fact that Frankfort/Clinton County moved from 51st to 34th in the state for health improvements in the past 3 years might help our chances also.
It's very sad that some people would rather complain about everything instead of trying to make positive change.

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
How many of you bothered to show up for any of the 4 economic redevelopment meetings held earlier this year? Much of this was explained then and the public was given the opportunity to ask questions and make comments at that time.
The Stellar Communities award is a fabulous opportunity for Frankfort to have growth and revitilization. If you had bothered to attend the first meeting, they stated very clearly what the award entailed and what was required to potentially win the award. The function of it is not to directly create jobs, but that is likely to happen indirectly. The fact that Frankfort/Clinton County moved from 51st to 34th in the state for health improvements in the past 3 years might help our chances also.
It's very sad that some people would rather complain about everything instead of trying to make positive change.
NOONE is COMPLAININ there "OMG" that FRANKFORT is Improvin. They are COMPLAININ that your MAYOR is taking the CREDIT for it ALL! MOST of the things that have come to Fruition over there were put into motion when that kid was in dittees and HE likes to make it sound like he was personnally out there shovelin the dirt at Eastside and pourin the Cement on Maish road!(Remember Pipp DID pour Cement on Maish Road)!! What people are COMPLAINING about is: YA GOTTA stop the Lyin ta people Lying ta pastors about their land Lyin ta WILO about how much money yer a gonna GET. STOP the INSANITY with IVY Tech. They seem to CONTINUALLY Want money that Your City and OUR County does NOT have! and figure OTHER ways to Spider web (if you will) money out of the State ta Get JOBS in this County and QUIT worryin about SANDWICH shops Downtown makin the Town Wealthy again! Nuf said from this ol guy. Like I said As long as it stays with you all in the City fine! Keep it OUT of our COUNTY taxes!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

What church are we talking about here? Where is this land located?
Idiot

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

punjab wrote:
What church are we talking about here? Where is this land located?
Punjab must have balls in his eyes ... look at post 23 for your answer.
Come on

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
Come on, Carol! Get off of Topix and get to work - get your banners ready for the fair.
Laughing

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

It's going to be hilarious when this grant gets denied to Frankfort. What on earth will our great leader have to say then? Who will he blame his failure on this time? You are truely a piece of work Mayor but snowballing no one
What about

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

OMG wrote:
Well, I see we have a difference of opinion. I understand that. You shouldn't be saying that I am "complaining". I am merely offering observations from a different perspective. You don't see me attacking you. I just offer my own thoughts and factoids that I have picked up from our paper and media.

That being said, it doesn't bother you that we are not exactly financially solvent? Floating bonds when the city has spent money on something they won't own isn't smart. Again, my opinion.

I know exactly what is required to apply for and potentially obtain the grant. It's all on the www.ind.gov website. Which, by the way, is a safer way to get factual information than from the words of some politicians. Again, my opinion but the newspaper, non-responses from the mayor’s office,.

Being creative with your wording during the application is process is one of the many ways to attract attention from the Lt. Governor's office and committee.

By suggesting things like incubation programs and such are ways to create businesses, jobs, and increase population within a community.

Take a look at this: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/26/city-tur ...

This is the kind of thinking that brings business and increases population.

You mentioned the health statistics. Those are awesome and Carol Price should be proud of her group for the education they are providing the community.

Let's talk about the unemployment rate. That won't help our situation. So creating some special programs that still meet the criteria the grant would indeed help our situation.

That being said, please forgive me if I don't seem as smart as you are. Please forgive me for not having the "political" position that have. But you could at least appreciate hearing from the community even with when it potentially involves after the thought thinking or even offering up some serious concerns about the city being in the red 15 months after a new administration takes over.

On top of that, the city council and BoW have all endorsed this spending.

But that's MY OPINION and not one that requires you to berate me because you and I don't think the same.
Delete

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Looks like someone didn't appreciate posts 28 and 29.
Anyone remember what those post's said?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Punjab must have balls in his eyes ... look at post 23 for your answer.
Yeah, I guess I do. I still can't see the name of the church or it's location in post #23.

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess I do. I still can't see the name of the church or it's location in post #23.
Well "Punjabby" I will Tell it to ya again: The KYGER property On THIRD street FRANKFORT that the FIRST WESLEYAN CHURCH OWNS. That, your CITY OWNED through the Community of schools then SOLD to the CHURCH then 2 weeks ago, YOUR mayor ask that PASTOR if he would be WILLING to sell and the PASTOR said "HE DIDN"T KNOW" and YOUR MAYOR went on WILO MONDAY MORNING March 25 stating " We are going to show the STELLAR GROUP a SITE where the OLD KYGER used to sit where we are GOING to build Residentual Elderly Housing. THAT help ya there Jabby?

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

BTW if ANYONE cares you ALL can thank that woman in Boyleston, That everybody Hates for ALL this info I Just listened and TOOK notes and FOLLOWED UP to find out it was ALL TRUE. SOMETIME it's WORTH listenin to that ol GOAT on WILO if he don't cut people off!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

nu-viewer wrote:
<quoted text>Well "Punjabby" I will Tell it to ya again: The KYGER property On THIRD street FRANKFORT that the FIRST WESLEYAN CHURCH OWNS. That, your CITY OWNED through the Community of schools then SOLD to the CHURCH then 2 weeks ago, YOUR mayor ask that PASTOR if he would be WILLING to sell and the PASTOR said "HE DIDN"T KNOW" and YOUR MAYOR went on WILO MONDAY MORNING March 25 stating " We are going to show the STELLAR GROUP a SITE where the OLD KYGER used to sit where we are GOING to build Residentual Elderly Housing. THAT help ya there Jabby?
So the location is currently an empty lot, there is no church building on it. Gotcha, nu-viewy.
vision

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
So the location is currently an empty lot, there is no church building on it. Gotcha, nu-viewy.
yes... an empty lot where a church is positioning itself to build a new facility. Bought specifically for that reason by a congregation who has a vision that doesn't need to be derailed by a city who wants something else..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

vision wrote:
<quoted text>
yes... an empty lot where a church is positioning itself to build a new facility. Bought specifically for that reason by a congregation who has a vision that doesn't need to be derailed by a city who wants something else..
So has the city officially tended an offer to the church to purchase the empty lot back? Has it began eminent domain proceedings?

What is the approximate time frame for construction of this new church?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michigantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vern must be furious 2 hr tpa 1
Worst Dr in frankort Dr. Wagoner 2 hr User name 9
Blueberry hill pancake house. 19 hr only in frankfort 31
Hot Dog Festival is it another Alive on 65 21 hr News flash 48
Alicia Warthan... The Skankapotomus of Frankfort (Apr '11) 21 hr cantturnhointohou... 24
Business owners with a criminal record Tue Who cares 37
police officer steals over 150,000 and gets pro... Mon justsayin 15

Search the Michigantown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Michigantown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Michigantown People Search