Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Its nice to have a mayor that is educated enough to submit a great application for the Steller Community state wide grant. Wether we receive it or not,it would be great for our community! 20 million would be nice!
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Is the Steller Grant a matching grant that the city would have to match the 20 million ? Also what do you mean when you said 'have a Mayor that is educated enough'?
Interesting

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

20 million? Isn't it the discression of the committee to award an amount?
Wes

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Why is the educated mayor going to take our church property away from us? We worked hard to save and purchase the land. The land was for us to grow our church!

Not happy that the mayor is doing this to us.
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Wes wrote:
Why is the educated mayor going to take our church property away from us? We worked hard to save and purchase the land. The land was for us to grow our church!
Not happy that the mayor is doing this to us.
please give more details ..., Like what church and where is the land your talking about? And how could any Mayor just take a churches land?
Interesting

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Read the grant info in the paper and listen to the young man on the radio and tv.

That will tell you everything you want to know.
resident

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Possible Grant wrote:
Its nice to have a mayor that is educated enough to submit a great application for the Steller Community state wide grant. Wether we receive it or not,it would be great for our community! 20 million would be nice!
The Mayor did not submit this application. A company was hired to put all of the information together and submit the appllication for the grant.
Hmmm

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mayor did not submit this application. A company was hired to put all of the information together and submit the appllication for the grant.
How much did that cost? Who paid for it? City? CCEF?
resident

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did that cost? Who paid for it? City? CCEF?
It was paid for with grant money and it was thousands.
Hmmm

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

That's ironic... a grant paying for a grant application.

How great is our Govt?!?
Possible Grant

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! how wrong you are great resident,I held the application in my hand, as well as you can also, at the bottom of the last page, is only one signature, the mayor's. By the way it was the mayor's PR lady that help the mayor write the grant! Another point you haters got wrong is it is not a matching grant, it is a percentage, and a low one at that! One thing you did get right is the fact that it is not known yet what the figure is, the grant is in its third year and the past amounts have been between 16 and 20 million. We have a chance to receive that kind of grant, that could be a blessing to our city and all you can do is bad mouth our current administration. SAD!
resident

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Possible Grant wrote:
<quoted text> Oh! how wrong you are great resident,I held the application in my hand, as well as you can also, at the bottom of the last page, is only one signature, the mayor's. By the way it was the mayor's PR lady that help the mayor write the grant! Another point you haters got wrong is it is not a matching grant, it is a percentage, and a low one at that! One thing you did get right is the fact that it is not known yet what the figure is, the grant is in its third year and the past amounts have been between 16 and 20 million. We have a chance to receive that kind of grant, that could be a blessing to our city and all you can do is bad mouth our current administration. SAD!
Oh, how sad you are for giving all the credit to the Mayor. There are many, many individuals involved in creating the outline of the application for the Stellar Grant. The grant I was referring to was the grant money used to hire Wabash Scientific to work with city officials to complete the proposal for Frankfort's economic development plan and incorporate this into the Stellar Grants' application. The Mayor's name may indeed be at the bottom of the application, but you FAIL to acknowledge all those who are involved in the process. Shame on you
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Possible Grant wrote:
<quoted text> Oh! how wrong you are great resident,I held the application in my hand, as well as you can also, at the bottom of the last page, is only one signature, the mayor's. By the way it was the mayor's PR lady that help the mayor write the grant! Another point you haters got wrong is it is not a matching grant, it is a percentage, and a low one at that! One thing you did get right is the fact that it is not known yet what the figure is, the grant is in its third year and the past amounts have been between 16 and 20 million. We have a chance to receive that kind of grant, that could be a blessing to our city and all you can do is bad mouth our current administration. SAD!
Please respond to my question , what do you mean when you said " A Mayor who is educated enough " Sounds like YOU maybe bad mouthing a past administration. Hummmm
dont think so

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

who will give a city a grant with those dumb slumlord signs john reid will kill that grant unless he gets some jobs from it
Interesting

Michigantown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

dont think so wrote:
who will give a city a grant with those dumb slumlord signs john reid will kill that grant unless he gets some jobs from it
So having houses that look terrible, are over-populated, and having non-tax paying property owners is acceptable?
resident

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

dont think so wrote:
The signs look better than the slumlords' rentals. It's not the signs that will deter people from Frankfort, it's those lousy slumlords' rentals.
Possible Grant

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, how sad you are for giving all the credit to the Mayor. There are many, many individuals involved in creating the outline of the application for the Stellar Grant. The grant I was referring to was the grant money used to hire Wabash Scientific to work with city officials to complete the proposal for Frankfort's economic development plan and incorporate this into the Stellar Grants' application. The Mayor's name may indeed be at the bottom of the application, but you FAIL to acknowledge all those who are involved in the process. Shame on you
The Mayor gave credit to all involved in helping submit the application on WILO and paper.never once mentioned himself. Everyone mistakes communication with what they call braging. Sad that they can't say one good thing about the Steller,only Hate for our mayor. Notice how I said OUR mayor and not the mayor.
Al Czervik

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Possible Grant wrote:
<quoted text>The Mayor gave credit to all involved in helping submit the application on WILO and paper.never once mentioned himself. Everyone mistakes communication with what they call braging. Sad that they can't say one good thing about the Steller,only Hate for our mayor. Notice how I said OUR mayor and not the mayor.
Please respond to my question , what do you mean when you said " A Mayor who is educated enough " Sounds like YOU maybe bad mouthing a past administration. Hummmm
resident

Frankfort, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Possible Grant wrote:
<quoted text>The Mayor gave credit to all involved in helping submit the application on WILO and paper.never once mentioned himself. Everyone mistakes communication with what they call braging. Sad that they can't say one good thing about the Steller,only Hate for our mayor. Notice how I said OUR mayor and not the mayor.
In your original reply, YOU failed to give credit to all involved. I never mentioned that the Mayor didn't give credit to anyone. Instead you rushed to judge me and everyone else who speaks out calling us haters. I only pointed out that the Mayor was not the only one involved in this process. Your statement;
"Everyone mistakes communication with what they call braging." is totally insane. You are so determined to find fault with everyone whose comments you don't like. Well, just to let you in on something.....not everyone is as enamoured with your Mayor as you are.
It is sad

Salto De Pirapora, Brazil

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

if he has committed land without involving our church in the discussion.

From what we were told, the pastor got a call very shortly before things went public.

Is this how christians treat other christians? I see no reason for me to doubt my pastor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Michigantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vern must be furious 8 hr tpa 1
Worst Dr in frankort Dr. Wagoner 8 hr User name 9
Blueberry hill pancake house. Tue only in frankfort 31
Hot Dog Festival is it another Alive on 65 Tue News flash 48
Alicia Warthan... The Skankapotomus of Frankfort (Apr '11) Tue cantturnhointohou... 24
Business owners with a criminal record Tue Who cares 37
police officer steals over 150,000 and gets pro... Mon justsayin 15

Search the Michigantown Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Michigantown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Michigantown People Search