Frankfort ISTEP+ scores in bottom 10

Sep 25, 2013 Full story: WLFI-TV West Lafayette 57

The Community Schools of Frankfort is continuing to look at their results from last year's ISTEP+ test that saw the district among the bottom ten public schools in the state.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hmm

La Porte, IN

#1 Sep 25, 2013
Good thing were building a college to take Frankfort to the next step . I wonder what Frankfort kids will be going to this school that is going to change our whole community if they can't pass the state exam ?!?! You can build a varsity team of professional without a feeder program . This must just be trickle down econdumbics at a small scale
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#2 Sep 25, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Good thing were building a college to take Frankfort to the next step . I wonder what Frankfort kids will be going to this school that is going to change our whole community if they can't pass the state exam ?!?! You can build a varsity team of professional without a feeder program . This must just be trickle down econdumbics at a small scale
Oh but Punjab will tell you its all good, IVY Tech will teach them, these teachers are bad in the public school system.. But again, Punjab is a tool..

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 25, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but Punjab will tell you its all good, IVY Tech will teach them, these teachers are bad in the public school system.. But again, Punjab is a tool..
My children have all been A or B students while enrolled at CSF.

It's the white trash hicks who don't give a damn about education and pass that mindset down to their children (along with a dependency on government entitlements) that are dragging down CSF test scores.
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#4 Sep 25, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the white trash hicks who don't give a damn about education and pass that mindset down to their children (along with a dependency on government entitlements) that are dragging down CSF test scores.
Are you sure Punjab? Can you get me the numbers indicating thst white trash hicks are the only ones not passing. Its not factual unless you can prove it. Boy, how you hate your own game.. lol
Cough cough

La Porte, IN

#5 Sep 25, 2013
It shouldn't matter whether the kids are these whit trash kids , wealthy kids , blue collar kids , or brown yellow white black red kids . The problem is they are not passing and that should not be acceptable instead of the administrators looking at why the kids failed , they should be looking at why the teachers failed to teach
HereComesRaven

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 25, 2013
Cough cough wrote:
It shouldn't matter whether the kids are these whit trash kids , wealthy kids , blue collar kids , or brown yellow white black red kids . The problem is they are not passing and that should not be acceptable instead of the administrators looking at why the kids failed , they should be looking at why the teachers failed to teach
Amen

Location hidden

#7 Sep 26, 2013
Cough cough wrote:
And that is PRIMARILY the fault of parents not wanting to be involved in the education of their children, or seeing the schools and teachers as adversaries instead of partners in that education.

The opportunities for a child to receive a good education in CSF exist, it's up to the family to take advantage of those opportunities.

You can't FORCE a child to learn. Many times for teachers it's a catch-22 situation.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 26, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure Punjab? Can you get me the numbers indicating thst white trash hicks are the only ones not passing. Its not factual unless you can prove it. Boy, how you hate your own game.. lol
Yes, I am sure.

How many of your white trash kids have graduated from Frankfort High school with higher than a C average?

Of course what I said is factual. This is topix.
Right to Know

Fort Wayne, IN

#9 Sep 26, 2013
Excuse me. My children are A & B students as well. However, I have ran into issues when my children have needed extra help and have gone to the teachers for help with not much luck. My children have also witnessed Hispanic children get priority and more one on one from teachers or translators for assistance.
Bottom line this school corporation has made some very poor choices in the last few years. They do not want to take the responsibility & lets not forget that joke of a superintendent that was chased out of town!
The truth is coming about about Frankfort Schools. Ivy Tech will not save this town. Wait and see more will unfold. Tax Payers will be picking up the tab for this for years and years to come!
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#10 Sep 26, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am sure.
How many of your white trash kids have graduated from Frankfort High school with higher than a C average?
Of course what I said is factual. This is topix.
You will need to provide documentation indicating this is indeed factual. You saying it, is hearsay. And no I am not looking it up, you stated it so you can provide it. If not, its just another rumor. Thanks..
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#11 Sep 26, 2013
Right to Know wrote:
Excuse me. My children are A & B students as well. However, I have ran into issues when my children have needed extra help and have gone to the teachers for help with not much luck. My children have also witnessed Hispanic children get priority and more one on one from teachers or translators for assistance.
Bottom line this school corporation has made some very poor choices in the last few years. They do not want to take the responsibility & lets not forget that joke of a superintendent that was chased out of town!
The truth is coming about about Frankfort Schools. Ivy Tech will not save this town. Wait and see more will unfold. Tax Payers will be picking up the tab for this for years and years to come!
<quoted text>
You must be referring to the $30 million dollar project???
Right to Know

Fort Wayne, IN

#12 Sep 26, 2013
BINGO!!!
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be referring to the $30 million dollar project???
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#13 Sep 26, 2013
Right to Know wrote:
BINGO!!!
<quoted text>
Hey, no worries, I am sure this will have to be put on a referendum and voted on. But if this doesn't pass, I am sure the Mayor will make sure the city will pay for it and make it happen.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 26, 2013
Right to Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you voice your concerns to the teacher's principal when you witnessed this? What was the response?

What exactly is this 'truth' that you are waiting for? And what does it have to do with $30 million? Is it our slowly crumbling high school building?
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#15 Sep 26, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you voice your concerns to the teacher's principal when you witnessed this? What was the response?
What exactly is this 'truth' that you are waiting for? And what does it have to do with $30 million? Is it our slowly crumbling high school building?
If the building is crumbling, shouldn't our kids be taken out of the school immediately? Show me the cracks and walls that are crumbling and if they are, have you brought this to the attention of the proper officials to make sure the kids are safe?
Right to Know

Fort Wayne, IN

#16 Sep 26, 2013
Actually Yes I did contact the school. I had contacted the teacher and the school principal/guidance dept. I stay on top of my children's education and very much involved. I volunteer at my children's schools as well. I assure you I am not white trash.
I am trying to locate the article on The Times that was just recently featured about the costly error due to administrative error that costs the taxpayers an insane amount of money. Also, shall we touch base about the dirty details of that pig of a superintendent that was chased out of town? Lets really dig deep into the costly amount of repairs the high school needs that the school board has ignored for years and now faced to confront. Let the comments poor in....
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
Punjab is

Michigantown, IN

#17 Sep 26, 2013
Sounds like the city should invest money into a study to see how to fix the schools instead of the golf course.

No one like the other Super for the schools, but you have to blame the schoolboard. They are the ones who did what he said, not the other way around.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
If the building is crumbling, shouldn't our kids be taken out of the school immediately? Show me the cracks and walls that are crumbling and if they are, have you brought this to the attention of the proper officials to make sure the kids are safe?
*yawn* You truly are a moron. The building is not yet unsafe for students but it's physical plant (heating, electrical) is so old that they can no longer get replacement parts for many of the components when the break down.

This past spring I went on a tour of the high school, specifically the boiler room and electrical room in the basement. It's living on very borrowed time.

How have you educated yourself concerning the deteriorating condition of Frankfort High School?

Location hidden

#19 Sep 26, 2013
Right to Know wrote:
Actually Yes I did contact the school. I had contacted the teacher and the school principal/guidance dept. I stay on top of my children's education and very much involved. I volunteer at my children's schools as well. I assure you I am not white trash.
I am trying to locate the article on The Times that was just recently featured about the costly error due to administrative error that costs the taxpayers an insane amount of money. Also, shall we touch base about the dirty details of that pig of a superintendent that was chased out of town? Lets really dig deep into the costly amount of repairs the high school needs that the school board has ignored for years and now faced to confront. Let the comments poor in....
<quoted text>
That pig of a former superintendent is water under the bridge. Yes, hiring Mr. Bivins was a huge mistake in hindsight, but move on and stop dwelling on it. Let's first concentrate on getting rid of most if not all of the current school board. You seem like a person who would do a good job in the position. When are you announcing your candidacy?
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#20 Sep 26, 2013
punjab wrote:
<quoted text>
*yawn* You truly are a moron. The building is not yet unsafe for students but it's physical plant (heating, electrical) is so old that they can no longer get replacement parts for many of the components when the break down.
This past spring I went on a tour of the high school, specifically the boiler room and electrical room in the basement. It's living on very borrowed time.
How have you educated yourself concerning the deteriorating condition of Frankfort High School?
You indicated the building was crumbling, right? I think of crumbling of things breaking into small pieces or break apart, decay. I was aware of the electrical problem and heating conditions, as I have toured this as well.

What are you going to do to make sure this problem is fixed? Are you going to be the leader and speak out and are you going to run for school board? You seem to have the knowledge of everything, is their an elected official that we could create for you, since you know it all? Lets pave the way for you and your knowledge... You are simply one smart cookie...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ivy Techa s Frankfort campus celebrates milestone 6 hr Really 19
Cole Chambers: CC Most Wanted 23 hr Dylan j 6
Worst Dr in frankort Dr. Wagoner Sat truth seeker 20
mayor mcnugget Nov 21 A visitor of Fran... 34
federal charges in rape cover up (Mar '14) Nov 20 singin6492736 44
will you people ever stop? Nov 20 coward 6
Deleting educated comments Nov 19 Disappointed Poster 1
Michigantown Dating
Find my Match

Michigantown People Search