the railroad tracks on co rd 300 w.

Posted in the Michigantown Forum

watch out

Frankfort, IN

#1 Sep 13, 2013
The railroad tracks on co rd 300w. are very bad shape, they are one of the most used in the city/county. whenever you cross them you better hold your stirring wheel with both hands so they don't throw you into oncoming traffic, I cross them at 5mph to protect my suspension. What's it going to take to get them fixed? Hopefully not someone Losing their life. Just another great example of our wheel tax not being put to good use.
watch out

Detroit, MI

#2 Sep 13, 2013
These are the tracks before frito lays intrance.
REALLY

Frankfort, IN

#3 Sep 15, 2013
watch out wrote:
These are the tracks before frito lays intrance.
Railroad tracks are not the responsibility of the county...it's the railroad. Good luck with getting a hold of them!
RealityBites

Frankfort, IN

#4 Sep 15, 2013
Washington Avenue the entire road is a mess! Doubt the city will do much considering trucks come and go all day long to Wamplers. Don't know how many times I've had to dodge pieces of scrap metal or nails near that entrance & including the railroad tracks.
State rd 28 near edge of town by Factories & those tracks as well are horrible.

Yes I have reported my concerns to both the city and the rail company. You think either of them care?
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Railroad tracks are not the responsibility of the county...it's the railroad. Good luck with getting a hold of them!
watch out

Detroit, MI

#5 Sep 15, 2013
REALLY wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware it's the railroad's responsibility to repair them but it's the city and county's responsibility to notify them of dangerous or dammaged crossings. If the elected officials aren't doing the jobs the were trusted to do then they need to be held accountable.
WHATEVER

Frankfort, IN

#6 Sep 16, 2013
watch out wrote:
<quoted text> I am aware it's the railroad's responsibility to repair them but it's the city and county's responsibility to notify them of dangerous or dammaged crossings. If the elected officials aren't doing the jobs the were trusted to do then they need to be held accountable.
Like they have time to drive all over the county looking for torn up railroad crossings. Maybe instead of complaining on here you could call one of them up and give them a clue? To be quite honest I'm not even sure it's up to them to even do this??? Call the highway department...makes more sense to me!
UNO

Frankfort, IN

#7 Sep 16, 2013
I did some research. Maybe this can help you solve your issue...:)

http://in.gov/indot/2394.htm

Rail Documents
INDOT State Rail Plan

Contact the railroad company..
Yep

Frankfort, IN

#9 Sep 16, 2013
UNO wrote:
I did some research. Maybe this can help you solve your issue...:)
http://in.gov/indot/2394.htm
Rail Documents
INDOT State Rail Plan
Contact the railroad company..
Have that stupid lady on WILO complain, she does about trucks going into the dump everyday. That lady hates the fact big trucks tear up the highway but the stupid lady never complains about the big trucks going to Wamplers. But hey, she is such a two faced liar..
Geeeesh

Frankfort, IN

#10 Sep 17, 2013
watch out wrote:
<quoted text> I am aware it's the railroad's responsibility to repair them but it's the city and county's responsibility to notify them of dangerous or dammaged crossings. If the elected officials aren't doing the jobs the were trusted to do then they need to be held accountable.
Then explain what the wheel tax has to do with railroad crossings.

Get a clue (and spell check).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigantown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton prairie 8 min Really 13
Frankfort Main Street 12 hr Interesting 4
American Body Shop Mon clueless 26
"no slum lords" signs (Sep '12) Mon Sue 315
Tom Weeks Oct 16 Toatbs 5
Officer Munoz harassment complaints Oct 16 OIC 18
Old English Mastiff Oct 15 mastifff 1
Michigantown Dating
Find my Match

Michigantown Jobs