Alleged noose under investigation in ...

Alleged noose under investigation in Michigan City

There are 7 comments on the WISH-TV 8 Indiana News story from Jun 21, 2008, titled Alleged noose under investigation in Michigan City. In it, WISH-TV 8 Indiana News reports that:

The Michigan City fire department is investigating a possible case of racial harassment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISH-TV 8 Indiana News.

the WAtcher

Glencoe, IL

#1 Jun 22, 2008
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Michigan City is just backwards. The schools are a mess, the athletic teams are horrible, the community is weak, the leadership is weaker, and the community leaders do not include all of their stakeholders in issues surrounding the area. Where is all the big business? Industry? Heck...about once a year animals escape our zoo! What happened to this place I once knew so well? It seems as though the only thing the community will do is put signs in their front yard demeaning the superintendent of schools. If city members want the guy out, ban together, take back your schools, take back your city, take care of your community and get him out. Otherwise let the man do his job!This episode at the fire house was unintentional I am sure. But, it is the same nonsense that has been on going in this community for far too long. Somebody needs to put this place on the map for something good real quick.
Stop calling it a noose

New Waverly, IN

#2 Jun 22, 2008
the WAtcher wrote:
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Michigan City is just backwards. The schools are a mess, the athletic teams are horrible, the community is weak, the leadership is weaker, and the community leaders do not include all of their stakeholders in issues surrounding the area. Where is all the big business? Industry? Heck...about once a year animals escape our zoo! What happened to this place I once knew so well? It seems as though the only thing the community will do is put signs in their front yard demeaning the superintendent of schools. If city members want the guy out, ban together, take back your schools, take back your city, take care of your community and get him out. Otherwise let the man do his job!This episode at the fire house was unintentional I am sure. But, it is the same nonsense that has been on going in this community for far too long. Somebody needs to put this place on the map for something good real quick.
You are absolutely correct. This city has unbelievably inept leadership, starting with the Mayor who has managed to surround himself with all of his best friends. It's so bad that everyone who reports to him directly are suspiciously beginning to look like him. Nepotism?

“Nice Gloomy, Spooky Day”

Since: Apr 07

Uniondale , NY (Nassau Cty)

#3 Jun 23, 2008
That article sux. They don't give one tiny detail or any context involved in the incident. How do these people have jobs as writers/reporters? That could have been anything.
dtmr

Michigan City, IN

#4 Jun 11, 2010
I forgot that South Bend is the perfect place to live. Absolutely no racism or abusive police there. I live in Michigan City, but spent a few years in South Bend as a child. I went to John Adams High School. Many children do not speak English, most were taking or selling drugs, and every classroom I entered was a circus. If anything, MC and SB are comparable (except SB has more funding).
corruption total

United States

#5 Sep 13, 2011
You have to play ball in Indiana or you cannot be in positions of government power.....just like their Mexican Cartel associates.
High Crimes

Mishawaka, IN

#6 May 21, 2013
One of the most prolific cocaine distributor locations is only 3 blocks away from the FBI office. They run it out of a black hair cuttin shop and many supply houses. The cops all know and get mad whrn you adk why are they still there.
Courthouse Cartel

Mishawaka, IN

#7 Jun 20, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nursing Assistant Arrested After Posting Video ... Feb '16 BJMcKay 1
News Michigan City girl dead after being beaten by p... (Sep '08) Dec '15 Corruption Killer 38
News Indiana Supreme Court Denies Request To Review ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Corruption Killer 1
Martha Drake Nurse Practioner (Sep '15) Sep '15 Portage resident 1
News Longtime state Rep. Bill Crawford dies (Sep '15) Sep '15 Learn to Read 2
Who is profiting in the LaPorte COunty fraud of... (Aug '15) Aug '15 CORRUPTION KILLER 1
News Column: Indiana highway gives us lesson in econ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Corruption Killer 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Michigan City Mortgages