Police: 87-year-old man arrested afte...

Police: 87-year-old man arrested after 228 pounds of cocaine found

There are 8 comments on the FOX59.com story from Oct 26, 2011, titled Police: 87-year-old man arrested after 228 pounds of cocaine found. In it, FOX59.com reports that:

An 87-year-old Indiana man was arraigned on drug charges in federal court in Detroit on Monday after police found 228 pounds of cocaine worth an estimated $2.9 million in his pickup following a routine traffic stop.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FOX59.com.

“Master Baker”

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#1 Oct 26, 2011
Lots of times Drug Dealers will use something like this as a 'decoy'. They will give up a million, in order to let the SEMI drive right by. Lots of times it is already noted by good ole Johnny Law.. Sad but true.
'
I say they give the 87 year old LIFE in prison... uh What will that be for him.. maybe 3 more years before he dies? especially if he was on the product.. By the time he is found guilty he will be a gonner.. lol...
'
Now I am suspicious of all OLD GEEZERS of transporting drugs... Wonder what tipped the law off?? Perhaps him shakingly holding a straw? he he he Where did I put that straw??
'
Peace

“Master Baker”

Since: Jul 08

Hidden-like GINSENG.

#2 Oct 26, 2011
They released him on $10,000 bond?? Sheesh, I would have split.
'
The old fart was pulled over because he was following too closely?? He must have forgotten his bifoculs. Remember Old man.. Objects in the windshield might be larger than they really are. Especially if you are right upon them.. Back off!! Bang Bang!!
joe

Hudson, WI

#3 Oct 26, 2011
legalize and tax all drugs. this generate enough revenue to save social security and the country's debt. fire all the burocrats.
the chinese held at one time that if you belived in the cause you wanted to represent you could run for any public office, regardless. but the canadate that lost the election was executed. this would create a motivated politician. don't you agree?

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#4 Oct 26, 2011
87? I'm surprised he was still driving, but running drugs? What kind of drug dealer entrusts that kind of load to someone with one foot in the grave and one on the gas peddle. Sounds fishy. I suspect Lady-RETTA is right, this could be a case of decoy duck,.. looks like old ducks can't fly straight, no matter how high they get.

“"Thinking"”

Since: Sep 11

OZ

#5 Oct 26, 2011
WOW! He will likely get a life sentence. He was likely being paid to run these drugs for the "real" dealer. So some drugs and a drug runner got taken off the streets. But the monster behind it is still out there. some other drugs will replace these and reach the streets of America.
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#6 Oct 26, 2011
Sounds like they bagged a 'king pin'.
Don't let his age fool you, Hannibal Lector was 102 and still slicing the @$#%$ off of men's &%^$@#$%'s...
bailout my duck

United States

#7 Oct 26, 2011
man grand pops got some great candy bowl kids
Oldman

Van Nuys, CA

#8 Oct 26, 2011
Are you kidding me , if he was on the drug then hes probably closer to 45

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nursing Assistant Arrested After Posting Video ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 BJMcKay 1
News Michigan City girl dead after being beaten by p... (Sep '08) Dec '15 Corruption Killer 38
News Indiana Supreme Court Denies Request To Review ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Corruption Killer 1
Martha Drake Nurse Practioner (Sep '15) Sep '15 Portage resident 1
News Longtime state Rep. Bill Crawford dies (Sep '15) Sep '15 Learn to Read 2
Who is profiting in the LaPorte COunty fraud of... (Aug '15) Aug '15 CORRUPTION KILLER 1
News Column: Indiana highway gives us lesson in econ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Corruption Killer 2

Michigan City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Michigan City Mortgages