Springborians - Who should go?

Created by reassignment on Mar 18, 2012

1,013 votes

Click on an option to vote

Dr. Malone

Newest additions to springboro BOE

anderson

kohls

miller

petroni

rigano

shut the schools down

who are these people?

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Village Idiot

Englewood, OH

#1 Mar 19, 2012
I'm so angry and confused. When we first got here it was the levy's not passing. I was one for voting for new people onto the school board to see if new comers could straighten anything out. Now the board is firing one of the most beloved members of the school system???!!! I wish I knew who to believe and what to think! I have a student in the HS and she has reported how upset the students are. I have talked with school staff and they also are upset, having nothing but good things to say about Dr. Malone.
Galileo

Amelia, OH

#2 Mar 19, 2012
A lot of people in Springboro are going to be experiencing voter's remorse.
Seriously

Cleveland, OH

#3 Mar 19, 2012
Why doesn't Dr. Malone want to help the rest of the school district with his expertise and experience? From what I can tell they could use assist. I have been in the military for 16 years and have been reassigned where the Air Force felt I could best serve my country more times than I care to count. I was not always glad to go, but always glad I did when the experience was over. At least he doesn't have to go half way around the globe to his next duty station.
Village Idiot

Englewood, OH

#4 Mar 20, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Why doesn't Dr. Malone want to help the rest of the school district with his expertise and experience? From what I can tell they could use assist. I have been in the military for 16 years and have been reassigned where the Air Force felt I could best serve my country more times than I care to count. I was not always glad to go, but always glad I did when the experience was over. At least he doesn't have to go half way around the globe to his next duty station.
Thank you for serving your country. That's quite a sacrifice you're making. I'm sure you are very proud of your accomplishments in the military.
Dr. Malone is a principal of a school and therefore not in the military. From what I understand, he has one more year left of, how you say, "service"? He is dedicated to his school and his profession. With his record he has earned the right to finish there. Not to mention that position proposed by he board was probably invented for him - they might as well have given him charge over a filing cabinet.
People on the board are drunk with power and can't wait to lord their authority over anyone who doesn't bow to their every wish...or so it would seem.
Student

Springboro, OH

#5 Mar 21, 2012
Pro Malone here, wasn't a smart move on Petroni, Rigano, and Kohls part by skipping the board meeting last night. All current students at the high school will be able to vote come the end of their terms on the board. They will feel the voter's retribution.
SB Insider

Dayton, OH

#6 Mar 21, 2012
What most of you don't realize, and Scott Anderson is hoping that you don't find out, is that the original vote was Rigano, Miller to keep Malone at the HS and ANDERSON, Kohls, and Petroni to move him at the suggestion of Lolli. Anderson is doing everything he can to distance himself from this issue and make it look like he was never for moving Malone...

I do agree that the three that did not attend should have been there.
fellow solider

Girard, OH

#7 Mar 21, 2012
Seriously wrote:
Why doesn't Dr. Malone want to help the rest of the school district with his expertise and experience? From what I can tell they could use assist. I have been in the military for 16 years and have been reassigned where the Air Force felt I could best serve my country more times than I care to count. I was not always glad to go, but always glad I did when the experience was over. At least he doesn't have to go half way around the globe to his next duty station.
Great analogy. NOT! Does a high school principal get BAH (tax-free money for housing), BAS (tas-free money for food), uniform allowance, HEALTH CARE AT NO COST!!!, free motrin at the Children's Clinic, retirement after 20 years WITH healthcare benefits, LIFE INSURANCE, PAID UTILITIES IN BASE HOUSING. Once you want to offer those benefits to school emplolyees you can make that comparision.

Thank you for your service but please stop embarrassing other military folks with stuff like that post.
billy bob

Dayton, OH

#8 Mar 22, 2012
SB Insider wrote:
What most of you don't realize, and Scott Anderson is hoping that you don't find out, is that the original vote was Rigano, Miller to keep Malone at the HS and ANDERSON, Kohls, and Petroni to move him at the suggestion of Lolli. Anderson is doing everything he can to distance himself from this issue and make it look like he was never for moving Malone...
I do agree that the three that did not attend should have been there.
Anderson always plays favorites, too cowardly to vote on his own...always a finger in the wind.
the truthmeter

Girard, OH

#9 Mar 23, 2012
Closing the schools is the best solution. No more taxes. Kids can go to private school or get free online school. Every person in Springboro has the internet. It is a fair solution. We already voted and we do not want to keep paying for the schools. 5 no levys. The schools need to be cheaper but if they go away that would be the best. The internet is the future anyway so the kids can just go there.
sand man

Dayton, OH

#10 Mar 31, 2012
Wow, based on this survey, Anderson should get the hint and sharpen his restaurant mgr skills PDQ.
overpaid principals

Dayton, OH

#11 Mar 31, 2012
there is 1 ,maybe more principals, past and present with multiple residences...and still they cry poor mouth... this is why we should vote no any new school levies.....I happen to know one ex-principal living quite well.
Springboro Grinders

Dayton, OH

#12 Apr 6, 2012
sand man wrote:
Wow, based on this survey, Anderson should get the hint and sharpen his restaurant mgr skills PDQ.
I worked for him some time ago, he wasn't a very good manager; he played favorites and there were VERY few of them.
Go Pirates

Dayton, OH

#13 Apr 6, 2012
Poking around the postings here on Topix, it looks like that Anderson guy is the Zookeeper and not a school board prez.
Waiting

Tipp City, OH

#14 Apr 8, 2012
billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Anderson always plays favorites, too cowardly to vote on his own...always a finger in the wind.
Anderson is clearly playing the role of a flip flopping politician.
Says one thing and does another. He can not be trusted. We need a board president that consistantly puts the needs of the children first in all decisions, not the needs of the union when they pressure him.
first base

Schaumburg, IL

#15 Apr 8, 2012
Waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
Anderson is clearly playing the role of a flip flopping politician.
Says one thing and does another. He can not be trusted. We need a board president that consistantly puts the needs of the children first in all decisions, not the needs of the union when they pressure him.
Should have checked his previous record on city council. He fliped-flopped there as well. Can't remove spots off a leopard or in Anderson's case feathers off chicken wings.
no kidding

Dayton, OH

#16 Apr 9, 2012
first base wrote:
<quoted text>
Should have checked his previous record on city council. He fliped-flopped there as well. Can't remove spots off a leopard or in Anderson's case feathers off chicken wings.
And he was all we had running against the town union thug (mayor)?

No wonder this town has no independent thought process.
Reason

Tipp City, OH

#17 Apr 10, 2012
first base wrote:
<quoted text>
Should have checked his previous record on city council. He fliped-flopped there as well. Can't remove spots off a leopard or in Anderson's case feathers off chicken wings.
From the results seen here, Anderson should just leave.
Reason

Tipp City, OH

#18 Apr 11, 2012
billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Anderson always plays favorites, too cowardly to vote on his own...always a finger in the wind.
Zero leadership skills.
Grapevine Schooling

Youngstown, OH

#19 Apr 14, 2012
Student wrote:
Pro Malone here, wasn't a smart move on Petroni, Rigano, and Kohls part by skipping the board meeting last night. All current students at the high school will be able to vote come the end of their terms on the board. They will feel the voter's retribution.
Pro Education here. Old Enough to vote and smart enough to know that if our highly paid professional educators don't step up to today's challenges and get in front of these issues, our students will be the ones who ultimately pay the price for our inaction.

I disagree with Mr. Anderson's Pro Malone anti-education
philosophy that "we need to fall back into our normal pattern and bang the gavel-welcome back status quo."

Perhaps next year, when you are older, you will look past the tunnel vision of the donut hole; and realize it is easy to be "the favorite principal" when the principal never adapts to changes that are needed in order to challenge his students in future endeavors.

Like it not Change happens automically; but successful change must be carefully planned for our children's future.
Got Donuts

Youngstown, OH

#20 Apr 14, 2012
Village Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for serving your country. That's quite a sacrifice you're making. I'm sure you are very proud of your accomplishments in the military.
Dr. Malone is a principal of a school and therefore not in the military. From what I understand, he has one more year left of, how you say, "service"? He is dedicated to his school and his profession. With his record he has earned the right to finish there. Not to mention that position proposed by he board was probably invented for him - they might as well have given him charge over a filing cabinet.
People on the board are drunk with power and can't wait to lord their authority over anyone who doesn't bow to their every wish...or so it would seem.
From what I understand, it is Dr. Malone who is "Drunk" with that high powered sugar buzz!

It is Dr. Malone who couldn't wait to "lord his authority" as the education god; demanding that his boss, Mr. Lolli, sacrifice himself, just so that Dr. Malone could sit out his last "status-quo" year of his three year school employment contract.

It's a natural thing for school employees to grow tired of being challenged to keep up with changes; it's easier to "rebel against your boss" and stick to the status quo self-interest "principle" of declaring "a deal is a deal."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miamisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 19 hr Rotten to the Core 31,555
why would a springboro board of education membe... (Apr '13) Wed Hypocrites 50
Boro etiquette (Jul '13) Dec 17 near side 11
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) Dec 15 speakthetruth 314
Does Anyone Know the Dalrymple's & Gentry's?? (Dec '09) Dec 12 frank g 4
For rent Dec 10 Baratone Phone Bone 7
Heather potts Dec 8 sorry bro 2
Miamisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Miamisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Miamisburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Miamisburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore