Springboro schools threat safety plan gets look

Feb 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHIO

A Springboro school committee formed in the wake of the fatal shootings at the Sandy Hook Elementary School met Thursday evening to review the school district's readiness to deal with a similar emergency.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
a must see

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

The Path to Violence

http://www.pbs.org/programs/path-to-violence/

Ever since the wake-up call that was Columbine, schools and law enforcement have developed multiple strategies to prevent attacks. Indeed, the horror of Newtown must be seen in a context that’s not defined by defeat.

More than 120 school assaults have been thwarted in the past ten years. And remarkably, while security hardware and physical barriers can play a deterrent role, it’s been psychologists — working hand in hand with law enforcement officers — who have come up with the most helpful tools to prevent violent attacks.

The Path to Violence tells the story of a powerfully effective Secret Service program — the Safe School Initiative — that’s helped schools detect problem behavior in advance.

Stephen Harrison
Gene Deisinger, director of threat management, on the phone in his office at Virginia Tech.But despite the progress made, recent attacks have revealed a gaping hole in our safety net. Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner and allegedly James Holmes all executed their attacks after they’d left their respective schools. Here parents may be the only line of defense — parents who are terrified of their own children.

Can the hard-won gains made by psychologists and law enforcement be extended to the families of some of the nation’s most violent individuals? Is the country ready to have a national conversation about the balance between safety and civil liberties that such interventions would require?
It is Written

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck with that.
You have freedom of religion .
Have fun fighting over who's god is god.
Forget about luck and fighting.

Sure thing is exercising your freedom to "pray without ceasing."
(ref: 1 Thes. 3:10)
Ghoster

Greenwood, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

a must see wrote:
The Path to Violence
http://www.pbs.org/programs/path-to-violence/
Ever since the wake-up call that was Columbine, schools and law enforcement have developed multiple strategies to prevent attacks. Indeed, the horror of Newtown must be seen in a context that’s not defined by defeat.
More than 120 school assaults have been thwarted in the past ten years. And remarkably, while security hardware and physical barriers can play a deterrent role, it’s been psychologists — working hand in hand with law enforcement officers — who have come up with the most helpful tools to prevent violent attacks.
The Path to Violence tells the story of a powerfully effective Secret Service program — the Safe School Initiative — that’s helped schools detect problem behavior in advance.
Stephen Harrison
Gene Deisinger, director of threat management, on the phone in his office at Virginia Tech.But despite the progress made, recent attacks have revealed a gaping hole in our safety net. Adam Lanza, Jared Loughner and allegedly James Holmes all executed their attacks after they’d left their respective schools. Here parents may be the only line of defense — parents who are terrified of their own children.
Can the hard-won gains made by psychologists and law enforcement be extended to the families of some of the nation’s most violent individuals? Is the country ready to have a national conversation about the balance between safety and civil liberties that such interventions would require?
I am sorry but I do not agree with this.
One kid was 7 years old and suspended for tossing an Imaginary Grenade based on psychology based guide lines.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/05/colo...

And another kid was scolded for pulling out a paper gun based ont he same BS.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/23/philadel...

If you point the finger at every kid and claim they are in the wrong for playing then claim them as a percentage of successful preventions in use of psychology based guide lines .. you will have high numbers but it does not change the fact you are still full of ****!!

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It is Written wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget about luck and fighting.
Sure thing is exercising your freedom to "pray without ceasing."
(ref: 1 Thes. 3:10)
With prayer and $ 1.00 you can buy any size cup of coffee at McDonalds.
reality

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Just Silly wrote:
<quoted text>
How silly. It apears you suggest that "your America" is all about "fighting" over which politicians and educators will be given god-like powers as saviors with "guns" protecting our children in their classrooms with a union teacher!
LOL!...Where else but in the boro union masters hall will you find the SEA political agenda of "fighting" over "who's god..?
Bless you, my friend across the aisle.
As she threw her body between the line of bullets and students, this is the last thought that flashed through the mind of the Sandy Hook principal...

DAMMIT!.... I WISH I HAD I GUN!

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

reality wrote:
<quoted text>
As she threw her body between the line of bullets and students, this is the last thought that flashed through the mind of the Sandy Hook principal...
DAMMIT!.... I WISH I HAD I GUN!
I thought it was ,to bad I used up all my sick leave.
It is Written

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

bodhisattva wrote:
<quoted text>
Pompous idiot! What right do you think you have to assume everyone else shares in the same beliefs, and the same "God" as you?
"Now if you are unwilling to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served in the region beyond the River or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
- Joshua 23.10

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It is Written wrote:
<quoted text>
"Now if you are unwilling to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served in the region beyond the River or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
- Joshua 23.10
Was this guy working at Waffle House?
bodhisattva

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It is Written wrote:
<quoted text>
- Joshua 23.10
According to the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, Americans have the freedom to worship ANY religion of their choice.

Some homework for you:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/GPO-CONAN-1992/p...

Don't Tread On Me

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

bodhisattva wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, Americans have the freedom to worship ANY religion of their choice.
Some homework for you:
DAMN !

There goes my plan for killing infidels !
It is Written

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

bodhisattva wrote:
<quoted text>
Some homework for you:
Toodle Dee Doo my fellow Americans.
Have a nice day OR have a day of your choice.
As it is written by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
bodishattva

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It is Written wrote:
<quoted text>
Toodle Dee Doo my fellow Americans.
Have a nice day OR have a day of your choice.
As it is written by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."
Leave it up to sheeple like you to select as a source of inspiration, a 19th century transcendental freak.
Get Real

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

bodishattva wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it up to sheeple like you to select as a source of inspiration, a 19th century transcendental freak.
sheeple like you?.... probably better to leave it up to sheeple people than "wolves in sheep's clothing."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 33 of33
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Miamisburg Discussions

Search the Miamisburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Old Guy 28,477
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 5 hr lol 31,007
waffle House Jul 6 Joe the plumber 2
Judge berates Clearcreek Twp. officials for sec... Jul 6 weed be gone 74
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
Williams Jul 4 Mindy 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
•••
•••
•••
•••

Miamisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Miamisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••