Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,511

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Boro Brain Drain Bullies

Piqua, OH

#25859 Jul 18, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your permission to dissent and the fact that you didn't threaten to kill me like you did that bank teller, Kevin Carsey. Guess the anger management helped.
<quoted text>
I can't use the public facilities without paying a usage fee. That is, unless I am a religious extremist group invited by the BOE president to come and spew a contorted version of the constitution based on what the founding fathers "really meant" when they wrote the sacred document.
And furthermore, my personal experience in the schools is that the new elementary buildings are deteriorating quickly under the careful eye of Kohls and the BOE. All I hear is that they don't have the budget to take care of the buildings because the board is not allocating as much to maintenance as they used to.
<quoted text>
I do have a problem with spending gobs of money on the "transparency project", a technology based initiative that clearly states it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it just has to be posted and "accountable" to the public. When community activists point out the outright deceptions located in the transparency project, the board plays them down as if they were just an "oversight"??
<quoted text>
The embezzlement in the boosters club occurred under the current BOE's watch. It was their charge to ensure that things like that were not happening in the school district. They out and out failed. Now someone is in jail, but why aren't the BOE members held accountable for their complicity?
<quoted text>
As mentioned, Kohls and the current BOE failed here. I do want REAL accountability - thus it's time for this board and its record of failure to go!
<quoted text>
Our teachers have sacrificed for several years, far beyond what their contract required of them. They could have taken the issue to arbitration and been awarded raises a few years back. Despite the drama created by the BOE, I am proud of our teachers for standing up for themselves. Union rhetoric aside, the BOE threatened the teachers with replacement if they dare ask for their salary to keep pace with inflation. Despicable move on the part of Kohls and her gang.
<quoted text>
Absolutely...this is why a strong and clear bargaining agreement is important to our teachers.
<quoted text>
I have a problem with a board not doing what they are supposed to do, see above note on the booster issue. I'm sure Dr. Malone has the experience and education to serve as board president. He is certainly more qualified than Kelly Kohls. I'm not sure how a chubby woman with a doctorate in nutrition is qualified for her job??
<quoted text>
The school district administration deserves the credit for this accomplishment, not the BOE.
Hey Wooly Bully! No doubt, No Argument Against Who Get the Credit for Your Brain Drain -- Obviously it is All to Your Credit.

Want to play Let's Make a Deal? Ron Malone and the school district leaders get to keep credit for "doing it all" .....
And all the Springboro Outsiders get to keep ALL of the Ron's
Renewal Levy in the fall.
Question Policy

Springboro, OH

#25860 Jul 18, 2013
How exactly are things going to change in November when there are three people running for three seats?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25861 Jul 18, 2013
Boro Brain Drain Bullies wrote:
<quoted text>
You Silly goose! Of course you Wooly Bully ones can't deal with individual responsibility, accountability, and respect for yourselves and others. That's why you prance proudly expounding largely your Dollar Value being worth more than your less affluent neighbors! You are just so jealous of your neighbors who have individual gifts of common sense and fiscal responsibility that your money just can't buy! School Yard Bullies only know how to "pre-arrange public participation" of grandstanding individual wealth and "collective" Springboro Education Association backward thinking ignorance, suspicion of outsiders, prejudices against differing beliefs in politics and religions, and praising and worshipping the value of Ron Malone as being worth Three professional educators who have completed their high school and college education and earned a 21st Century Teaching degree!
No doubt you are quite the rambler...going on and on but never really saying anything??? It seems the attributes you place on the SEA more accurately describe the anti-community pro-agenda tea party ramblers..
Shattered Image

Piqua, OH

#25862 Jul 18, 2013
reflection wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear, oh dear Dr. Malone,
While looking into the mirror,
Please ask yourself this question:
How difficult is it to step over a bar
If the level of the bar is below the knees?
Is it some kind joke that Ron's kids are playing around with, taunting taxpayers that Malone is serious about taking on the responsibility of board member? This is ridiculous, since Ron Malone admits himself in his own Springboro Life interview that
he recognizes that his 40 years of experience in PAST education is not a good fit with our Springboro schools new philosophy of
a high-tech 21st century classroom education. Goodness, if he can see the truth when he looks in the mirror, what's up with this silliness of even considering that taxpayers are going to trust our multi-million dollar school tax budget to the "principal's fund." Springboro, we've got a problem! Who's going to tell Ron he has to find another "play group" for the kiddies!
Worry

Englewood, OH

#25863 Jul 18, 2013
Shattered Image wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it some kind joke that Ron's kids are playing around with, taunting taxpayers that Malone is serious about taking on the responsibility of board member? This is ridiculous, since Ron Malone admits himself in his own Springboro Life interview that
he recognizes that his 40 years of experience in PAST education is not a good fit with our Springboro schools new philosophy of
a high-tech 21st century classroom education. Goodness, if he can see the truth when he looks in the mirror, what's up with this silliness of even considering that taxpayers are going to trust our multi-million dollar school tax budget to the "principal's fund." Springboro, we've got a problem! Who's going to tell Ron he has to find another "play group" for the kiddies!
Sounds like someone is worried?!!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25864 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem investing in a technology program that integrates the best our school has to offer with the outside world, let us know.

No Doubt REPLIED
I do have a problem with spending gobs of money on the "transparency project", a technology based initiative that clearly states it doesn't necessarily have to be accurate, it just has to be posted and "accountable" to the public. When community activists point out the outright deceptions located in the transparency project, the board plays them down as if they were just an "oversight"??

The technology project that you so easily glossed over in pursuit of a slander against transparency was the result of our IT Department working in conjunction with our Budget and Finance Committee to design a program that for the first time coordinated our technology purchases while simultaneously addressing future needs.

Too often in the past we had various groups with the best intentions purchasing items that did not synch up technologically or materially with other items already in existence. within the district.

The technology program sought to provide a plan that in the future would simplify our maintenance and parts replacement program by setting standards by which future purchases and acquisitions could adhere. By developing standards whereby, for instance, all whiteboards are of the same make and model, we enjoy economies of scale in something as simple as the bulbs. Instead of needing to inventory 10, we can now get by on 2 .

The program also produced a scalable wireless program that provides access in all classrooms at the same time as will be required by the new common core testing procedures. It also provides a template for expansion of the Bring Your Own Technology program that will surely be the future.

Plus a myriad of other advantages too numerous to list in this short space.

Your cut on transparency once again reveals the underside to your argument that the public is best served with little or no knowledge.

Your credo of "Just Trust Us", has been discredited so many times when the public finally gains access to the knowledge.

Why would anyone want to go back in the shadows?
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25865 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with accountability in our schools and our support organizations, let us know.

No Doubt REPLIED
The embezzlement in the boosters club occurred under the current BOE's watch. It was their charge to ensure that things like that were not happening in the school district. They out and out failed. Now someone is in jail, but why aren't the BOE members held accountable for their complicity?

Your revisionist history does NOT hold water. The Boosters were first approached to provide an accounting of their organizations fund raising efforts on behalf of our student athletes in January 2011 when the Budget and Finance Committee first began investigating the pay to participate scam.
The response of the Boosters was that they were working on those numbers. They must have worked very hard because the Budget and Finance Committee had to request them over and over again through February, March, April, and May. Only through the consistent and applied efforts of the Budget and Finance Committee was enough pressure brought to bear on the Boosters whereby the dam finally broke and the Mr. Harves recognized the futility of his efforts to conceal his fraud any longer.

The willful obstruction of the Boosters culminated with a Save Our Sports rally in North Park last year. At this rally led by the Booster Board and leadership felt the best reaction to the news of fraud was to attack the BOE for trying to steal "their" money.

The joke was that it appeared to be a little late for that move because the Mr. Harves beat them to the funds.

The great questions still remain.

Who was the liaison between the Booster Board and the kids they purported to serve?
The High School Athletic Director

Who recorded the Booster's every transaction between 2008 and 2011?
The High School Athletic Director

Who was the High School Athletic Director's boss during that time frame 2008-2011?
Was it the High School Principal at the time?

Which two High School leaders were intimately connected with all parties involved and/or attended about every football game or major fund raiser from 2008-2011?
The High School Principal and the Athletic Director

Who was in a better position to see first hand the operations and the take from these events; the people with the position, the authority, and the access to records from 2008-2011?
The High School Principal and his Athletic Director

Does anyone actually believe that the High School Principal and the Athletic Director had no idea who was on the Booster Board from 2008-2011?

Does anyone actually believe that the High School Principal and the Athletic Director carried virtually no weight with the Booster Board?

Why did the people charged with protecting our children and their funds abrogate their responsibilities when they were notified by members of the public something was amiss in 2009, 2010, and in 2011?

Who created a climate whereby the long time Booster Treasurer felt so secure in his primacy that he would embezzle funds by writing checks made out in his name? Mr. Harves did not bother to even attempt to create a phony paper trail to cover his tracks.

And how could anyone in a position of authority sanction the handling of uncounted wads of cash in the manner in which the Boosters did?

Particularly in light of the times when the district was claiming poverty and financial ruin unless we the taxpayers gave them another $35-45,000,000.

Who was complicit in these dealings, not the current BOE.

Who should be held accountable, the High School Principal, the Athletic Director, and the Booster Board.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25866 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
If you have a problem with an administration that actually does the job they were hired to do, let us know.
No Doubt REPLIED
I have a problem with a board not doing what they are supposed to do, see above note on the booster issue. I'm sure Dr. Malone has the experience and education to serve as board president. He is certainly more qualified than Kelly Kohls. I'm not sure how a chubby woman with a doctorate in nutrition is qualified for her job??

Yes indeed, see the Booster issue and ask Mr. Malone where he, his experience, and his education were during the debacle.

And I think you lost your argument with most of the audience with your description of Ms Kohls.

That denigration may apply to a good many in this community and serves no useful purpose in advancing your points.

As they say, if you have no real argument, attempt to change the focus of the conversation, maybe the audience won't notice.

We notice.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25867 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Freedom of speech means that while we must tolerate your idle ramblings so too must you accept those of others whether you agree with them or not.

No Doubt REPLIED
Thanks Doug, I appreciate your permission to dissent and the fact that you didn't threaten to kill me like you did that bank teller, Kevin Carsey. Guess the anger management helped.

I would recommend viewing the videotape of the incident, then comparing it to Mr. Carsey's statements of "fact", the results may astound you.

Innuendo, half truth, and slander.

Tools of the trade for those lacking coherent arguments.
November Avenger

Girard, OH

#25868 Jul 19, 2013
Shattered Image wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought du jour:
Did Ron Malone act as a Pied Piper of Springboro High School?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25869 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Freedom of speech means that while we must tolerate your idle ramblings so too must you accept those of others whether you agree with them or not.
No Doubt REPLIED
I would recommend viewing the videotape of the incident, then comparing it to Mr. Carsey's statements of "fact", the results may astound you.
Tools of the trade for those lacking coherent arguments.
I appreciate your attempt at patronizing my comments, but your arguments will fall on deaf ears come November 5th.

I've spoken to many involved first hand who have explained the bank situation in no uncertain terms. I'm sure if you are considering a run for the BOE this fall that those skeletons and that video will come out of the closet...
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25870 Jul 19, 2013
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.

Slander does not exist when the statement is true.

Perhaps those reading would like to view the evidence for themselves:

http://statecasefiles.justia.com/documents/oh...

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r...

So why exactly did you waste our tax dollars and the high courts' time taking your petty rebuttal to them in the first place?

Half-truth? I think not, unless of course you perjured yourself in court, Doug.
poundsand

Dayton, OH

#25871 Jul 19, 2013
No Doubt, how about you save us all from your personal viewpoints and BS ramblings and go play harikari.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25872 Jul 19, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed.
Slander does not exist when the statement is true.
Perhaps those reading would like to view the evidence for themselves:
http://statecasefiles.justia.com/documents/oh...
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r...
So why exactly did you waste our tax dollars and the high courts' time taking your petty rebuttal to them in the first place?
Half-truth? I think not, unless of course you perjured yourself in court, Doug.
If only your statements were true.

Put the video tape of the incident on line and then perhaps you will see why prosecution was pointless.

Once again, half truths, innuendo, and slander. Tools of the trade for those with no arguments.
Tell It Like It Is

Piqua, OH

#25873 Jul 19, 2013
No Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt you are quite the rambler...going on and on but never really saying anything??? It seems the attributes you place on the SEA more accurately describe the anti-community pro-agenda tea party ramblers..
The ramblings of the ramblers ....going on and on but never really saying anythings..... were expertly taught in public school board meetings by our wealthy, educated SEA union activists... HOW to ramble and rant and demand and threaten and intimidate and bully ..... in the excellent with distinction forced unionizaton way! Guess you don't like seeing the reflection of your own SEA greed and hostility?
No Doubt

Englewood, OH

#25874 Jul 19, 2013
poundsand wrote:
No Doubt, how about you save us all from your personal viewpoints and BS ramblings and go play harikari.
Only if you go first!!
twist of the plot

Girard, OH

#25875 Jul 19, 2013
Question Policy wrote:
How exactly are things going to change in November when there are three people running for three seats?
All I can say about that is...double-check the math.
Healthy Choice

Piqua, OH

#25876 Jul 19, 2013
Worry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like someone is worried?!!
What...me worry about the Springboro Education Associaiton getting all that renewal levy money to fatten up their wallets? Not a Chance! Our union friends deserve our help in learning how to think "forced fiscal responsibility" by cutting the fat out of the union's diet in November. No more "dough" for status quo.
Help Us Help the SEA learn to tighten their belts a little and make themselves a better fit in our children's future education.
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#25877 Jul 19, 2013
And now the rest of the story

http://www.sconet.state.oh.us/tempx/609497.pd ...

Pay close attention to pages 4-5 as Jeff Kirby uses ex parte communications and hearsay to render legal opinions. These are the same tactics he attempted to rip the BOE for while coming to the aid of Mr. Holtrey; including opinions from only one side of the court room.

Lt Barton is the police officer who had his wife sexually assaulted and savagely murdered. Barton was the officer in charge of the investigation of this mess. Lt Barton was a tall, lean man with a gaunt pallor, most likely caused by carrying around the knowledge of his wife's murder. Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, he failed to view the bank videotape of this incident for a full 6 months until my attorney pressed the issue. I recall how dumbfounded he appeared as he watched the video while listening to my attorney narrate from the complaining witness' statement. The video clearly contradicts the statement the complainant gave in regards to my actions and appearance. Lt. Barton quietly exited out a side door leaving the prosecutor to hem and haw about what he just observed.
When the trial finally commenced in Springboro Mayor's court, Mr. Kirby heard from three out of the five scheduled witnesses. He stopped the testimony after the responding police officer testified he thought so little of the incident he left some forms and went back to the station to go home for the day. Mr. Kirby then proceeded to stop the recording of the proceedings and call forth the complainant. Without bothering to swear in the witness, he began haranguing him about the case. He then proceeded to harangue me for a few minutes, then dismissed the case without bothering to hear sworn testimony and cross examination of the person who began this process. Mr. Kirby also did not bother to view the videotape of the incident. He simply dismissed the case.

No attorney I have ever related that story to has ever said that this was common practice. And in fact seemed highly unusual.

Upon exiting the courtroom I came across Lt Barton and Sgt Wheeler.
I asked if either of them had actually done the least bit of investigation into this? After nearly a year of no information from the prosecutor or police aside from the complaint, I finally heard their witnesses. There was nothing there, never was. The police had nothing, the witnesses that we heard had nothing. What happened here? After that brief conversation Mr. Kirby and my attorney exited the building and we all walked to our cars in the parking lot. Mr. Kirby did not hear or see any of the conversation with Wheeler and Barton. The only way his descriptions made it into his final judgement was through ex parte communication and hearsay. The question begs itself, if my behavior was as egregious as advertised, then why did not two police officers arrest me at that time. The simple answer is that it wasn't.

The charges were refiled in Warren County by the city prosecutor. The same thing happened, the case was never brought to trial. Month after month we would ask for a trial and the judge would order us back for another attorney conference. Each month the Judge Heath would offer to drop the charges if I signed a form not to sue anyone.

Each month I declined. And so it went for about a year until Judge Heath dismissed the case and copied Mr. Kirby's opinion all without ever hearing one single word of testimony, viewing the videotape, or seeing any evidence.

Depositions taken from all involved for my civil case revealed for me a theory of what had ultimately transpired. I believe the teller who began all of this, a portly, unkempt young man, was who the women heard. Knowing he would be fired, he began telling stories. Challenged by his boss to put up or get fired, he started the ball rolling.

Two years later the case was finally dismissed and neither I nor the complaining witness were ever allowed to testify under oath in court.
Unionman

Englewood, OH

#25878 Jul 19, 2013
Do you guys realize how powerful it is when you rant and rave on here about how much you hate the union, how greedy and selfish they are, and how much you think they should be "tightened", "trimmed", "forced", and "cut"?

When I need to motivate union members to get involved, to get political, and to spread the message to their neighbors, friends, and family all I need to do is direct them to a website like Topix.

Here they can read it themselves. They can see the hatred that fringe groups have toward us. They can see the desire to lash out at every opportunity. They can see the greed and the selfishness. They can sense the lack of appreciation for the important jobs they do. They see the desire to force union members to work harder, longer, and under less safe conditions all for less pay and benefits. It fires them up and gets them going!

While you all hide behind your computer screens making anonymous posts, our teachers feed on that energy and tie a few more ribbons, pass out a few more bumper magnets, and talk to a few more friends and neighbors.

Keep it up, folks. I appreciate it. The good that you did in keeping the teachers united and strong against a corrupt board of education helped us in the most recent contract negotiations. It will help us defeat Kohls this November.

See you at the polls!

In solidarity,
Unionman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miamisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boro etiquette (Jul '13) Dec 17 near side 11
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) Dec 15 speakthetruth 314
Does Anyone Know the Dalrymple's & Gentry's?? (Dec '09) Dec 12 frank g 4
For rent Dec 10 Baratone Phone Bone 7
Heather potts Dec 8 sorry bro 2
amy Dec 5 jess 2
Child Molester living in Seibert Platt (Mar '14) Dec 4 Haywood Jablomi 4
Miamisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web