Springboro booster investigation hear...

Springboro booster investigation hearing scheduled for Thursday

There are 15 comments on the WHIO story from Apr 10, 2013, titled Springboro booster investigation hearing scheduled for Thursday. In it, WHIO reports that:

Authorities are expected to reveal the results of a year-long investigation of the Springboro Athletic Booster Association on Thursday in Warren County Common Pleas Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHIO.

boosters

Springboro, OH

#1 Apr 11, 2013
So no cover up by the boosters? No sweeping under the rug of this issue by the police? But I thought everyone on here said that everyone involved in this didn't want to get to the truth?

Ok - everyone, now is your chance to get back on here and say you were wrong.
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#2 Apr 11, 2013
boosters wrote:
So no cover up by the boosters? No sweeping under the rug of this issue by the police? But I thought everyone on here said that everyone involved in this didn't want to get to the truth?
Ok - everyone, now is your chance to get back on here and say you were wrong.
OMG, you've got to be kidding. This took the state auditor's office a whole year? What the #### have they been doing? Possibly they decided to collectively lessen their carbon footprints by walking back and forth from Columbus to Springboro?!?
boosters

Springboro, OH

#3 Apr 11, 2013
Twp resident wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, you've got to be kidding. This took the state auditor's office a whole year? What the #### have they been doing? Possibly they decided to collectively lessen their carbon footprints by walking back and forth from Columbus to Springboro?!?
Wow. Truly amazing. Its ok to admit you were wrong...really it is....
Twp resident

Cleveland, OH

#4 Apr 11, 2013
boosters wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Truly amazing. Its ok to admit you were wrong...really it is....
You should seriously be thinking about getting off the computer now. Maybe go pour yourself a bowl a Wheaties. You're going to need all the strength you can muster this afternoon after your crooked booster buddies find themselves being indicted.
Where is the MONEY

Grafton, OH

#5 Apr 11, 2013
Not State Auditor's responsibility. For nonprofits, it is BCI.
boosters

Springboro, OH

#6 Apr 12, 2013
The crickets couldn't be louder.....

No conspiracy, no sweeping under the rug......and no one acknowledging on here they were wrong to make such accusations!
Where is the MONEY

Grafton, OH

#7 Apr 12, 2013
I am waiting to see what happens, if anything, with the ADs and the coaches. They will probably get away with their own thefts by blaming the boosters.
boosters

Springboro, OH

#8 Apr 12, 2013
Where is the MONEY wrote:
I am waiting to see what happens, if anything, with the ADs and the coaches. They will probably get away with their own thefts by blaming the boosters.
Wow, even more accusations! Do you have any PROOF???
Rider

United States

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Love the conspiracy theorists challenge here Boosters! All you jackasses who thought this was a board coverup are reeeaallly quiet right now aren't cha? LOL
If anyone here has this Turds email or phone number, please post it so I/we can call him and let him personally know what we think of him? There's legal shaming, then there's civil/community shaming.
Where is the MONEY

United States

#10 Apr 13, 2013
The school continued to pay the thief after June 2012 to work at sports events.
Check out the school Treasurer reports.

http://www.springboro.org/userfiles/14/DETAIL...
See page 9 pf the September 2012 check register by Vendor for 3 checks for $50 each made out to Tom Harves. Who was in charge of assigning volunteers (paid) to work the games? Was it the Boosters? Who approved the payments?
poundsand

Cleveland, OH

#11 Apr 13, 2013
some info from another thread for you booster supporting sheep ...
The booster fraud got uncovered because the Budget and Finance Committee was doing its job and doggedly pursuing answers on sports funding. Luckily for all of us Mr. Petroni and Mr. Rigano persisted despite continual push back, vitriol, attacks on their character and intentions, and blatant stonewalling by the Boosters and some of their misguided and mislead supporters.
I recall a Save Our Sports rally at North Park that sought to cast aspersions and a fog of obfuscation upon the investigation. Look back on you tube for Ms Carlisle's and Ms. Christian's pertinent remarks attempting to divert the conversation with straight forward mendacity and innuendo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Save Our Sports from cuts in funding by the BOE?
More like let's keep the looting going?
poundsand

Cleveland, OH

#12 Apr 13, 2013
The Booster Members should be charged with negligence and/or criminal behavior and removed from office.

If not removed from their positions they should resign in shame for being blind idiots.

Blaming the school board for their own lack of supervision and internal controls is pathetic.
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#13 Apr 14, 2013
Rider wrote:
Love the conspiracy theorists challenge here Boosters! All you jackasses who thought this was a board coverup are reeeaallly quiet right now aren't cha? LOL
If anyone here has this Turds email or phone number, please post it so I/we can call him and let him personally know what we think of him? There's legal shaming, then there's civil/community shaming.
You do know this man left a paper trail of checks written to himself each year to the tune of $439,000 over just the past 8 years don't you?

You also know that none of that total includes cash money? Are you telling me this man was so honorable that he refused the bags full of uncounted cash sitting on the kitchen table?

I am betting he took us for over $1,000,000 in 20 years.

How did the board of the booster for 20 years not bother to review a checking account statement for 20 years, or look at the organizations books, or notice that not counting cash is a stupid idea?

20 years?
AKMAC

Miamisburg, OH

#14 Jul 9, 2013
Normally, I would ignore the gibberish written by uninformed individuals, or more precisely by a single individual who has limited scope of involvement, namely one named Doug. So...here's an open invitation, if you would like to discuss, in a rational manner, Tom Harves embezzlement and the consequences thereof, I'm happy to engage in that conversation. If you would like to continue to malign the character of people you have no relationship with, know nothing about, and who have done NOTHING but work to right the wrongs done to our community, then please, feel free to continue to do so. But be warned, there is a fine line between your opinion and defamation.
doubtit

Cleveland, OH

#15 Jul 9, 2013
Whats the beef between Doug weideman and Troy holtrey?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miamisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ridgeville Christian, Dayton Christian merging (Jun '07) Aug 26 Ridgeville Lion 34
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Aug 21 Doche 31,937
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug 19 patience 1
News Boy Found Trying To Sell Teddy Bear For Food In... Aug 15 CALI_2016 2
News Detained American in North Korea gets trial date (Sep '14) Mar '16 Human 2
Anyone know what became of Patricia Woolery aft... (Jan '14) Mar '16 Snakes 2
woman beater matt did it again (Feb '16) Mar '16 sad 2

Miamisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Miamisburg Mortgages